Misunderstandings

Paranormal Love

"I'm sorry, what?" Baekhyun asked the tall spirit man. He looks young though but that voice..I don't even know. Coming out of his daze, confused. He just kept looking at Baekhyun with mournful and joyful eyes, holding his face. It made him freeze up, literally.

"Oh my god it's really you. I thought I'd never see you again!" The man then hugged Baekhyun."I'm so surprised and happy you..came....back." only to not feel anything. He knew he was hugging someone but didn't feel any warmth or even the feel of his clothes. He pulled back a little. "Why can't I feel anything?" 

"Uhhh?" 

"Hyun, why are you dressed like a boy?" The man took notice of the boy-like clothes Baekhyun was wearing. Eyes moving up to his head, "And you cut your hair?" 

Baekhyun tilted his head at him, "What are you talking about? I am a boy and my hair has always been shor- who are you?" 

Ignoring Baekhyun's question, poking at the smaller's chest, he continued. "And you s are smaller than before, actually their flat." Baekhyun slapped his hand away, but his hand went right through. The man then stopped, "Did you just go through my- AH WHY CAN I SEE THROUGH MY HAND!" he started to panic.

"Stop yelling!" Baekhyun whispered. If I wasn't in a cemetery surrounded by funeral people!

"Yah, why is your voice like that?" The taller's face flattened and crossed his arms over his chest, "Did you have a change or something? Hyun, can you please explain yourself..." He looked back at his own hand. "And this." 

"Look you. One, your dead, plain and simple. You can't feel, you can't cry, you can't get hurt, you're see-through, you can touch stuff but nothing can touch you. Two, I am a boy! Three, who are you and why do you keep calling me Hyun?" Baekhyun maintained a low whisper but kept a stern voice to the man who was staring at him utterly confused.

"Dead? Was that me in that casket? I thought one of my Umma's friends died or something. Oh my god." It sounded more like he was talking to himself than to the male in front of him.

"Didn't you even look inside of it?" 

"No. I hate being around dead bodies. I only stay for the burials and that's it. You know that Hyun." the man furrowed his eyebrows at Baekhyun.

"Why do you keep calling me that!?" Baekhyun was at the edge of the cliff with that man calling him an unknown name.

"That's your name...well nickname, the one I gave you. You don't know your own name?" He asked, tilting his head.

"I don't even know you! And no one has ever called me Hyun. For the millionth time, who are you!?" Baekhyun was so close to actually yelling at this giant for testing his patience.

"Its me, Chanyeol. Mihyun why are you acting like you don't remember me!?" 

"Because I don't know- ok, Chanyeol, let's try this, why do you think I'm "Mihyun"?" Baekhyun trying to be reasonable, lowered the volume of the conversation. More like stupid argument.

"Because you are her. You look like her, except more like a boy." He answered starching the back of his neck.

"That's because I'm not her. I just look like her apparently." 

Chanyeol face change and he looked like he was about to cry, but of course he can't. "I thought you came back. I thought you came back for me Mihyun." Chanyeol sat down on the grass looking at nothing, whispering to himself.

Baekhyun was about to turn around and walk back to his mother but his conscience stopped him. You are not going to just turn around and leave him here. What am I suppose to do? How about do something to make him look less like a kick puppy with one leg. I don't wanna know his personal life! I'm not getting into this. I will not repeat like last time! Fine, but the pain feeling your gonna get is just gonna make it worse and your the one who's going to feel guilty. Besides, listening might help him to move on so you won't feel like last time. 

Baekhyun sighed heavily, turning is head around the cemetery to see if anyone was around. Only a few people from the funeral and his mother, crying to herself while Minseok was staring at their fathers tome stone. He took in a deep breath before turning to Chanyeol and walking over, sitting down beside him. "Who was Mihyun and why was she so important to you?" 

Chanyeol looked over to him with the most depressing stare Baekhyun has ever come to see. Looking at him makes me feel lihimation left a crack on my heart. "She was someone special to me. I looked at her like she was my life, she was my life.....but I guess I wasn't her's." Chanyeol looked back to the ground. A heart breaking tone was obviously noticeable at the last sentence.

"What happened?" Baekhyun really didn't want to do this but he's too nice for his own good at this point. 

He turned back to look Baekhyun straight in the eyes. "It was a year ago..."

 

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol, but I have to leave." Mihyun tried to pry Chanyeol off of her. He was keeping her from catching her flight.

"You never told me why you're leaving!" Chanyeol had hot tears streaming down his face. The airport was sorta empty but he still wouldn't care if anyone saw.

"I told you. I just have to. Please understand that I have to go right now." She pulled the giant off, not showing any sign of sadness or guilt. Grabbing her luggage she headed for the gate.

She handed the women behind the counter her ticket and was about to board until Chanyeol grabbed her shoulder. "Promise me you'll come back. Promise that your never really going to leave me." His cheeks were stained with tears by now. He had a pleading look in his eyes hoping to get a truthful 'yes' as a response.

But all Mihyun did was give him a half-hearted smile and a hug, whispering. "Goodbye Chanyeol~" before turning around and boarding her plane. 

Chanyeol had a small smile that was barely noticeable but it was there. He watched as the lady close the entrance, cutting off him staring at Mhyun's retreating back. To Chanyeol, that smile was an unspoken 'yes'. And so he waited, and waited for Mihyun's return to him. When she came back, he would know just how much their love meant.

 

"She never loved me. It was all one sided from the beginning. I should have never been so stupid." Chanyeol was clenching his hair in fustration right now. 

"So you just waited for a whole year?" Baekhyun asked in astonishment. Thinking only people who were sure in a situation like this would really wait an entire year for someone even if they loved them. 

"Yeah I did." He sighed, resting his face in his palms.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you die?" This was actually something Baekhyun was interested in, he grew quite fond of all the different death stories the spirits would tell him. It may sound weird but it was just like listening to a story, the best part was that it really happened.

Chanyeol removed his hands and tilted his head to the sky, thinking through all that happened the night he died, "It wasn't anything dramatic like suicide but, I died in a depressed state..."

 

Its been an entire year since Mihyun had left. Chanyeol still kept his phone close to him just in case, looked at any door often with the thought that the girl he loved would walk through it, stayed up a little later than usual awaiting her return.

"I'm having a small party at my house today, Chanyeol. You wanna come?" Sehun offered the invitation to his friend who was lying his head down on his crossed arms on his desk. He was starring out the classroom window with the most depressed look on his face. 

Before he could even answer, which he wasn't really, Jongin spoke up. "Of course he's coming. It's been a complete year and he's worse than ever, he needs this." Just then the bell ranged for them to report to lunch. The classroom cleared out instantly except for a miserable looking giant and his two friends.

"Chanyeol are you coming?" Sehun asked in a worried and considerate tone. if Jongin wasn't going to act like it then he had to.

"No. I'm gonna head home. I don't feel like eating or sitting through our last classes. Bye guys." Chanyeol dragged himself out of the classroom and away from his friends before they could try convincing him to stay. He sulked all the way home. Half way there it started to rain a little harder than needed. "Great. Just to match my mood." He said to himself, not even picking up his pace or trying to cover up from the rain.

Reaching his house, he opened the door to complete silence aside from the down pour outside. it was still the middle of the day so his mom shouldn't be home until later. Chanyeol took off his shoes at the front door and headed up to his room. He changed into some dry clothes. Just a plain white t-shirt and some baggy pants. He walked over to his window to close the curtains but stopped for a while to look at the small storm outside before sighing and closing them. The room turned almost completely dark but he could still see. He went over to his bed and decided to sleep before going over to Sehun's. No choice in staying home because he didn't go Jongin would be tearing his door down and dragging him down the neighborhood. Before closing his eyes, Chanyeol reached into his bedside table drawer and pulled out its the only item in it; a picture of Mihyun. It made him feel even worse but it was still good to see her face. He put the picture back in the drawer and feel asleep.

When he woke up it was almost 5:30. He saw a small light flash on his phone and reached for it. He had a new message. Opening it, it read, party's at 6! ;). Of course it was Jongin. Wait...5:30? His mom should be home by now. Getting out of bed he went down stairs. He saw her coat, shoes, and umbrella by the door so she was home. He looked in the kitchen but it was empty and so was the living room. He made his way up to her room to find her lazily sleeping. Long day, huh? He smiled walking into her room, getting closer to her. He gave her kiss on the cheek before leaving to get ready. He didn't put much effort into his outfit, all he did was change into a dark pair of jeans and put a black, sleeveless jacket over the shirt he was already wearing. Getting his phone, wallet, and keys, he went down into the kitchen. He went to the small board on the fridge and wrote a note for his mom. "Going to Sehun's, be back later. Love you~." Then he head out and walked down the street to his friends house. The rain had already cleared up. 

When he had made it to Sehun's it wasn't even 6:10 yet and his house was full of people and loud music. Has to be Jongin's fault, small party my . He reached for the door handle put it flung open before he could touch it.

"Hey Chanyeol!" Jongin yelled over the booming music. Chanyeol gave a nod and a wave. Jongin pulled him inside and close the door. "Have fun!" He left into the mass group of people. 

Chanyeol tried to find Sehun but wasn't getting anywhere after 15 minutes. He was about to give up when someone's finger tapped his back. He turned around and saw Sehun smiling up at him. "Hey Chanyeol! When did you get here!?" He yelled.

"Not long ago!" He continued. "Small party huh!?" he asked looking round the huge house.

"I didn't ask for this! I told Jongin a few friends and he sent out a mass text to the whole school! I don't even know more than half these people!" Sehun defended himself. "But I don't mind! A lot of upper classmen here though!" 

Chanyeol nodded, he didn't recognize more than at least 20 faces in this house. After about and hour it all started to be too much for him. "I think I'm gonna head home, I'm starting to get a headache!" He complained to Sehun who was sitting next to him on the couch.

"Sure ok! But do you mind going to the store and getting Jongin some aspirin or something. He's gonna need it when he wakes up!" They turned to Jongin who was on his umpteenth cup of alcohol. "Damn seniors." Both boys said. Sehun had to stay because it was his house, plus he was basically hosting this unnecessary party.

Chanyeol nodded before getting up. "I need a car!" Sehun handed him someone's keys. "Yours!?" 

"Jongin's dads!"

At that Chanyeol went to go find the car. There were a lot of cars but it wasn't hard to find. He drove off to the store. It didn't take long for his mind to start wondering off. He started thinking about how he went an full year thinking of nothing but Mihyun. Every little thing reminded him of her. Shops and stores they use to go to, the park, and that hill behind their neighborhood. He felt like his life was empty without her being around. Tears started falling down his face and his vision began to blur. He tried wiping them away but more just came after that. He couldn't see anything. He was going to pull over but he didn't know where he was. Even so, he took the risk and turned the car to go off to the side. What he didn't see was that the road was on a hill, the car filled over as soon as he had gotten off the road. It didn't stop until a big tree got in the way. The car was totaled. Chanyeol was still alive but not much, he was bleeding out from all the cuts the shards of glass gave him. It was pain all over and he couldn't move. The only thing he could think to do was pray to be saved. He said goodbye to his life at the last moment. Before his eyes closed completely, his last thought was that he would never get to see Mihyun again.When help had came they were too late. And so he died depressed and regretful. 

 

Baekhyun had an unreadable expression on his face. He still couldn't believe Chanyeol lived like that just because of one girl. Then he thought of what he told himself earlier. Listening might help him move on so you won't have to feel like last time. "Maybe that's why you're still here." He said to no one but loud enough that Chanyeol heard, giving him a weird look.

"What?" 

"Maybe that's why you're still here." Baekhyun repeated a little louder and directly to Chanyeol. "You died thinking lastly of Mihyun. You died wthout seeing her, you died depressed as crap, you died without a clear conscience." He said as if he hit the target feeling proud of himself.

"What do you mean? Don't all people end up like this when they die or something?" Chanyeol was still confused.

"Well, no. Like I said you died without a clear conscience. Like the rest of these spirits." Baekhyun gestured around the cemetery before continuing. "Say if someone died hating the world or holding a huge grudge against someone, they would end up like this because they died without peace. Same thing applies to you. But once you have forgave and forgotten, you move on to heaven or hell or where ever you guys go. But your case is different. We just have to find out what is it that you need to move on." He started thinking logic over in his head.

Chanyeol just stared at him. "Who said I wanted to." 

Baekhyun stopped thinking and turned to the taller. "Huh?" 

"Who said I wanted to go? Who said I didn't want this? Who-" 

"No one wants this. My brother just like you and the rest of these spirits. Trapped. He's miserable like this. Seeing me and everyone else living life without him, not being able to hold his family anymore. He barely knows why he's stuck like this. He's always telling me to be cheerful and never regret life so I won't end up like that. He said this isn't something people would want and I don't want you to-" Baekhyun stopped mid sentence, catching what he was just about to say, "I mean I don't want anyone to have to go through this so I'm gonna help you." he finished standing up. 

Chanyeol stood up and faced him. "Okay then. I'll let you. But how long will this take?" 

"I don't know. I'll have to make it quick." Baekhyun muttered the last part too low for Chanyeol to hear.

"Hmm okay....what your name? I don't wanna start calling you Hyun all the time." Chanyeol asked scratching the back of his neck.

"Baekhyun." He said after contemplating with himself and walking away over to his mother.

"Wow that's kinda close to Mihyun. No wonder you guys look alike. Pretty like her too." Chanyeol said that last part a little louder than he intended, and Baekhyun caught it.

"What did you just say?" He asked, turning around the full 180 degrees, narrowing his eyes at Chanyeol. 

"Nothing!" Chanyeol started running ahead and over to the women he saw Baekhyun walking to. The small male just followed, furrowing his eyebrows at the other back. This might be a really long and annoying process.