6.

Friend-zoned?!

Chaptersix.

"The girls that Sooyoung hang out with apparently have a past of bullying others." Xiumin mumbled to Kai while Sooyoung disappeared into the kitchen to wash up. Kai chuckled. 

"Are you serious?" Xiumin shrugged.

"I heard the girls in class say that, I don't know if it's true." Kai chuckled and slapped the elder on his back.

"I bet they're just rumors, they seem nice. And Lay seems to like one of them a lot." Xiumin shrugged as he finished his hot chocolate.

"Whatever it is, if they hurt her-" 

"We'll be there to protect her, relax hyung." Kai flashed a smiled before approaching Sooyoung.

"Hellooooo~" he cooed into her ear. She jumped and quickly wriggled out of his grasp.

"Ticklish, remember?" She knocked him on the head before heading back to the dining room to clear the mess the boys made. Kai shook his head as he helped. This girl is always treating us like we're her sons even though we're the same age. 

"So, new friends. How are they?" He asked casually after he washed his hands. She shrugged.

"They're nice. I learnt a lot from them." She smiled widely. 

"Noona, thank you for the donuts!" Tao grinned as he interrupted Sooyoung and Kai. 

"You're welcome. Are you guys done playing? We have school tomorrow and I don't think you guys did any of your homework." Sooyoung nagged. Everyone turned to look at her, stunned expressions on their faces.

"Lighten up, Youngie. We're smart guys, homework is a piece of cake." Chanyeol proudly said. Sooyoung rolled her eyes and slung her bag over her shoulder. 

"Well, then I'll just make a move first. See you guys tomorrow!" Sooyoung waved before closing the door behind her. 

"She's such a nag, sometimes." Baekhyun mumbled. Luhan shook his head.

"She's just worried about us, like how we always worry about her." he said. 

"Isn't it weird how she hasn't gotten a boyfriend?" Chen asked, earning death glares from Kai,Tao,Kris, Chanyeol and Suho. 

"What? I'm just curious."

"I'm kind of curious too. Why doesn't she have a boyfriend?" Baekhyun spoke up, scratching his head. 

"Kai, did she tell you anything about a guy?" Kai just shrugged.

"Nope. But I do think she needs a boyfriend." 

"Any volunteers? No? I VOLUNTEER!" Chanyeol proclaimed before getting up from his seat. Kris shot daggers at him and pulled him on the arm so he would sit back down.

"She has to like the person back you idiot." Baekhyun snapped, slapping the back of his head.

"well then, let's find her a boyfriend." Kris suggested, a plan forming in his head. Everyone paused for a moment before agreeing with Kris's plan. However, Kai just watched with great discomfort. Luhan too. Luhan shifted uncomfortably in his seat before getting up.

"I need to head home, it's getting late and I still have to practice for soccer tryouts tomorrow. See you guys tomorrow." he mumbled before grabbing his bag and running off.

"I think we should all go, it is getting late." Suho spoke up, clapping his hands together. Kai waved goodbye to them before he headed up to his room.

"Boyfriend. Right, okay. I hope we find a good guy." Kai mumbled to himself as he opened his notebook. 

 

Sooyoung rolled about in her bed, unable to sleep. She threw the covers off and sat up. 

"What are they arguing about now?" She groaned as she listened to her parent's yelling at each other. She climbed out of her bed and stood at her balcony, taking in the fresh air. She didn't like it when her parents fought. Most of the time it was about money or how they didn't have time for each other. She took a seat on the cold tiled floor and looked up. Kai's bedroom light had .

"Oh? He woke up. Must be because of my parents." She whispered to herself. 

"Her parent's are fighting." Kai mumbled to himself as he got out from his bed. It was only 11 o'clock and Sooyoung's parents had managed to wake him up with their constant yelling. He went out to his balcony and saw Sooyoung moping in the corner of her balcony. He sighed as he saw how affected she was by her parent's yelling. 

"Choi Sooyoung!" He called out. She turned her attention to him.

"Are your parent's fighting again?" he asked. She nodded. A loud slam was heard and she jumped. The sound of a car engine starting was heard and Kai watched as one of the Choi's cars drove away. A tear slid down her face and Kai quickly climbed over to bedroom. Their houses weren't very far apart you see. There was a gap in between the two houses but it was small enough for Kai to climb over. 

"You okay?" He asked, wiping her tear away. She nodded and stood up to go into her room. 

"My dad left." she mumbled. He instinctively placed his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. At times like this, Kai knew she needed him to comfort her, even if she said she was okay.  She leaned her head on his shoulder and sighed.

"I don't want anything to happen between both of them." 

"Nothing will happen to your parents, Sooyoung. It's just a little tiff. My parents fight too, don't worry about it and try to sleep, okay? You don't want to wake up with red, swollen eyes do you?" Sooyoung smiled at Kai's words.

"If it makes you feel better I'll stay here tonight." he said. He would do anything for his best friend. Anything.

"I don't think Junhong would appreciate that. I'm fine, really. You should be asleep too. I'm sorry my parents woke you up." He smiled at her and pat her head.

"It's fine." There was an awkward silence between both of them.

"Jongin-"

"Sooyoung-" they both laughed at each other.

"I'll go first." Kai said and Sooyoung nodded.

"Promise me that no matter what happens, we'll be best friends, okay?" Sooyoung nodded. She didn't know why he was saying all that but she agreed anyway.

"You turn." 

"Thank you." Kai chuckled. 

"Go to sleep. Everything will be fine tomorrow." he said in a hushed tone. Sooyoung nodded and waved him goodbye as he climbed back to his room. 

"Goodnight, Miss Choi." Kai bowed, making Sooyoung giggle.

"Goodnight, Mr Kim." She curtsied before going back to bed.

 


Dum dum dum, the interesting parts are coming up! Thank you to the two lovely Gennay_ and EunbiME for commenting when I thought everyone hated my story. It made me smile and motivated to write this chapter, kekeke. School's starting tomorrow ): hope you all had a good weekend! xoxo