2.

Friend-zoned?!

Chaptertwo.

 

"And that concludes today's lesson. Please take note that tomorrow we'll have a mini class party to get to know each other more. Please bring snacks or drinks for the party. Class dismissed." the bell rang as soon as the homeroom teacher finished his last sentence. Everyone packed up their bags and headed out of the classroom and Kai was ready to meet up with his best friend when he spotted a girl sitting in the corner of the classroom engrossed in her textbook. He chuckled and strolled towards her seat.

"hey." he simply said. 

"Hi." she replied back, not looking up. It came off as a surprised to Kai because well, look at him. He's hot. Girls would claw each other's eyes out to just have him talk to them!

"You know class is over, right?" He asked, crouching down to her level. 

"It is?" she asked, looking up at the class clock. She stood up from her seat and gasped.

"oh my gosh, you're K-kai!" bingo! You got that right. Kai smirked in satisfaction at her sudden reaction.

"I suggest you don't read while our teacher is speaking the next time, it was nice talking to you.." he trailed off and leaned in closer to get a glimpse of her nametag. 

"In Hye." He winked at her, slung his backpack over his shoulder and strolled out of the classroom.

"What a jackass, Jongin." Sooyoung said as she leaned against the lockers. 

"What? My intention was to let her know class ended.”

"But was it necessary to tug at her heartstrings like that, Jongin? What would your mother say." Sooyoung wagged her finger in his face before laughing out loud. 

"Sorry I'm just that irresistable then." Kai said, running his hand through his hair which made Sooyoung gag.

"That's just disgusting." 

"I'm lovable, not disgusting." Kai corrected. Sooyoung rolled her eyes and walked towards the school gates where a pink haired boy waited patiently for her and her best friend.

"Choi Junhong!" Sooyoung greeted her brother with a hug. Sooyoung's brother towered over both Sooyoung and Kai. There was one thing about her brother that she was jealous of. And that was his height. At the age of 16 Choi Junhong was 182 cm tall which made him the tallest among his classmates for his age.

"Noona, how was school?" he asked, messing his pink cotton candy hair up.

"It was interesting, you?" 

"Ah...” He trailed off before looking away. Sooyoung eyed him suspiciously.

“What did you do?” He grinned.

“Jongup and I got in trouble. Please don't tell Mom and Dad." Zelo pleaded with puppy dog eyes. 

"Hey stop aegyo is my weakness! STOP IT!" Sooyoung started to shield her eyes from her brother's begging.

"Please, noona?" 

"Fine. What did you get in trouble for?" Sooyoung asked. 

"We got caught putting glue on the teacher's chair." 

"Why the heck would you-" 

"Nice job, dude!" Kai high fived with Zelo, wide smiles on their faces. 

"You don't high five my brother after he does something like that!" Sooyoung exclaimed, violently hitting Kai on his back. 

"What's your punishment?" 

"Um..." 

"Well?" Sooyoung tapped her foot impatiently. 

"We have to clean the school every day for the rest of the week along with detention for 3 hours." 

"I won't tell Mom and Dad but you definitely deserve it." Sooyoung crossed her arms on her chest and shook her head.

"The things I do for my baby brother." 

"You're the best, noona!" Zelo grinned, giving his sister a kiss on the cheek.

“Yeah yeah, you’re buying me a guitar for my birthday. Let’s go have lunch.” Sooyoung grumbled before walking towards the bus stop.

 

 "Hey, aren't those girls from our school?" Kai nudged Sooyoung as they walked side by side each other with ice cream cones in their hands. Sooyoung shrugged.

"I didn't see them around before." 

"Seems like they know me." Kai said as he spotted one of them waving to them frantically. Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

“Let’s go.”

“Where?”

“To meet them!” Kai said enthusiastically, fixing his hair. Sooyoung groaned but silently followed her best friend’s words while Zelo just watched his sister get annoyed.

"Hey Kai~" the girls said, winking and him. Kai smirked.

“Hello girls.” He said, running a hand through his hair. Disgusting. Sooyoung thought to herself as she continued to eat her ice cream.

“So, how’s school?” One of them asked, ‘casually’ putting on her lip gloss.

“It’s cool.”

“So, is that your girlfriend?” another asked, looking at me.

“No. She’s my best friend.” He said confidently.

“Oh, she’s pretty.” The girl said, forcing a smile. Sooyoung noticed how suspicious those girls were but she decided to keep quiet and just smile.

“So, Oppa. Do you have a girlfriend?” one of the girls asked, smiling widely at Kai.

“Nope.”

“Oh~” she said, quickly touching up on her lip gloss again. Sooyoung frowned.

“They’re flirting with him, that’s sick.” She mumbled to her brother who was watching with disgust on his face.

“Well, if you need a girlfriend, you can always call me. I'm available all the time.” The girl winked at Kai once more before handing him a piece  of paper with her number on it. The girls waved Kai goodbye and he turned around only to find a disgusted looking Sooyoung and Zelo staring at him.

“What?”

“They were totally up to you so little miss lip gloss would have you as her boyfriend.” Sooyoung scoffed.

“Nah, they weren’t. They’re nice girls. Just like you.” He grinned.

“Noona’s right, Kai. They were up.”

"More like she's offering her body to you." Sooyoung interrupted.

“Well, then maybe it’s because I’m irresistible.” He joked again.

“You’re disgusting.” Sooyoung commented.

“Alright alright. Let’s go home, shall we?” Kai suggested before heading towards the entrance of the mall.


Updated: Hope you guys like this new chapter more I decided not to rush into things and add on more things. remember to comment, upvote and subscribe, guys! xx