10.

Friend-zoned?!

Chapterten.

The bell rang, signalling the end of the school day. Sooyoung packed her bag and stretched on her table. So tired.

"Hey, we're going over to Maera's house to do our homework, want to come?" Hana asked, taking a seat next to her. 

"Maybe later, I have photography tryouts to attend." She smiled, patting the camera bag on her lap. Hana nodded and patted her on the back before leaving to join the other girls.

In all honesty, Maera, Hana and Eunji weren't that bad. They were nice to her at least. Sooyoung sighed and picked up her bag before heading to the photography studio. She stood outside the door and took in a deep breath.

Wish me luck.

As she was about to open the door, a shout was heard. Sooyoung instinctively turned her head and saw Sehun and Xiumin waving at her. 

"Hey." Sehun mumbled, a small smile on his face. Oh, the ice prince of a few words. Xiumin grinned and she nodded at them.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked, a lock of hair falling out of place as she tilted her head. 

"Soccer tryouts." Xiumin replied. 

"Dance." Sehun mumbled. 

"Anyway, you're headed for photography?" Xiumin asked, leaning against the lockers.

"Yup, I hope I get in." She unknowingly let out a sigh.

"Good luck, I'm sure you'll get in." Xiumin smiled, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. You'll get in, Noona." Sehun spoke up, giving her a sweet smile. Without a warning Sooyoung threw her arms around the two boys and squeezed them with whatever strength she had.

"Thanks, you two. You guys are the best." She whispered before letting them go. The two boys smiled and gave her a thumbs up before leaving. 

"Here goes." Sooyoung mumbled to herself as she turned the doorknob and pushed the door open. The room was silent as Sooyoung walked in. Awkward.

She took a deep breath and mustered up all the courage she had and bowed. Some gasps were heard but she ignored them before putting a smile on her face.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Choi Sooyoung imnida." Everyone watched her, gawking. They've never seen a queenka as polite as her. 

"Oh, hello miss choi, find an empty seat and we'll get some administrative things done before we start the trial." A teacher instructed. Sooyoung bowed and looked around. There weren't many seats left and she had to choose between sitting next to a overly happy girl or the boy who was picking his nose. She grunted and dragged her feet towards the happy girl.

"Omgyou'rechoisooyoungthenewqueenkaIamsoexcitedtomeetyouI'm Nicki,halfkoreanhalfeuropean!I'vebeeninkoreafor6yearsandIcan'tbelieveI'mschoolinghere-" 

"That's enough Nicki, you're making too much noise." the teacher lectured, creases on her forehead as she stared at Nicki. Nicki turned red and looked down. Sooyoung silently thanked the teacher as she looked ahead at the projector screen. 

"Now students, photography is not as easy as you think. I'm glad that many of you here are eager to join this curriculum but as you all know, we want the best and that's why, we're going to have a trial. I'm sure some of you came here unprepared without your cameras, but it's okay, it wasn't compulsory. As for the others that brought their own cameras, good for you. I'm Miss Cho, your photography teacher and take note, I will not tolerate any crap in this curriculum. Do you all understand?" Miss Cho said sternly. 

"Yes, Miss Cho" Everyone mumbled. Miss Cho smiled and the lights. 

"Now we begin the trial. I'm going to let you roam around the school where the other various curriculum trials are going on and take photos of whatever you want. I'll be going around to watch you all. Those that don't seem worthy to be in this curriculum, will be cut off immediately." She growled. Sooyoung shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Was it just her or was her teacher glaring at her?

"You have an hour and a half. Let the trial begin." Miss Cho clapped her hands together and everyone hastily grabbed their cameras and ran out of the room, desperately looking for a place to snap their photos. Sooyoung on the other hand, calmly strolled around the school compound. 

As she strolled, she stumbled upon the soccer field and spotted Xiumin running across the field and smiled.

"Maybe, just maybe." She whispered to herself as she took out her camera and moved towards the soccer field. 

"Yah yah yah! Who said you can take a photo here!" A soccer played accusingly pointed his finger at Sooyoung as she took a few snapshots of the soccer players, her camera covering her face. 

"Sorry, but it's for the photography trial, if you could just let me take 1 photo, I would be so grateful." Sooyoung awkwardly spoke as she put down her camera. The soccer player's eyes widened as he looked as Sooyoung looked at him, a worried expression on her face. He cleared his throat and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"I'm Seyong" he stuttered. Sooyoung smiled and extended out a hand.

"Sooyoung." 

"Seyong! What the hell are you doing?!" Someone yelled and Seyong jumped. 

"You can take photos, just don't disrupt the trial." He smiled. Sooyoung nodded.

"Thank you, sunbaenim." She bowed before he ran off. Sooyoung continued to take photos of the soccer trial and whenever Luhan came into view, she would wait for him to show off his skills before taking a photo of him.

After half an hour, Sooyoung got restless and decided to wander around. She waved goodbye to Seyong who seemed disappointed that was leaving and yelled to Xiumin "加油!" before running off. 

She continued to stroll around when she heard the faint sound of a familiar ballad playing. Quietly, Sooyoung followed the sound of the music and found a dance studio.

"This must be where the dance tryouts are." She mumbled to herself as she pushed the door open. There was a guy standing in the middle of the room dancing, captivating the other students. This song...It's Jongin's.

A smile tugged on Sooyoung's lips as she brought the camera to her face and quickly snapped photos of Kai. She smiled in satisfaction as she looked through the still shots of her best friend dancing. She was happy whenever Kai danced, especially with her. 

Her phone beeped and she jumped, time was up and she needed to get back to the photography trial. Sooyoung dashed towards the photography room, her hair damp from sweating. 

"You're the first, that's good." Miss Cho smiled as she walked towards Sooyoung. 

"Card." She demanded. Sooyoung nodded and took out the memory card from her camera and handed it to her teacher where she quickly put the card into the computer. 

"These are not bad, just try to capture their expressions next time. Pass." Miss Cho smiled as she handed Sooyoung a keycard.

"This card only opens the photography room so whenever you need to borrow the equipment, just sign in and use the card to unlock the door. Congraduations on getting in, you can leave." Miss Cho smiled at Sooyoung. Sooyoung bowed, picked up her bag and left. She checked her watch. It was almost 6 which meant the few guys that stayed back for the trials were done. She took out her phone and dialed Kai's number in.

"Hello?" Kai's out-of-breath husky voice answered.

"Hey, you done?" she asked.

"Yeah, sorry I didn't wish you good luck, I went to practice." He apologetically said. Sooyoung smiled. 

"It's alright, where are you?" she asked.

"Turn around." Sooyoung did as she was told and saw Kai covered in sweat, wearing a grey hoodie, black pants and a cap, grinning at her. She chuckled and walked up to him.

"Did you get in?" she asked, taking out a a packet of tissue from her bag so she could wipe her best friend's sweat away. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"What do you think?" 

"yes." 

"How about you?" Sooyoung grinned and proudly showed him the keycard. Kai dropped his bag and gave her a hug.

"Congrats." 

"I couldn't have done it without you, actually." 

"What do you mean?"

"I took pictures of you dancing." She smiled.

"Did I look hot?" She cringed and he laughed.

"Alright, alright. Let's go." He said, picking up his bag again.

"Let's wait for Xiumin and Sehun, they should be ending soon, right?" She blurly suggested. Kai frowned. He hadn't been able to hang out with her for the past few days and when they finally have the time, she spends it by waiting for their other friends.

"Fine." He grunted, dragging his feet towards the soccer field.


Hello my little blossoms! Like I said, the drama will be coming soon and if you haven't noticed the strange behaviour from Kai, shame on you! I'm sorry for updating so slowly. My exams are in 2 weeks (oh god kill me now) but after that, it's 2 months of freedom so please bear with me! I have a hunch that this fanfic will be pretty long so I hope all of you stick with it and some chapters may be boring and dry but I really hope this will turn out well in the end! 

thanks to the_exotic_angel for being the 41st subscriber!

xoxo beotkkot.