11.

Friend-zoned?!

Chaptereleven.

"Wait, you spoke to Sooyoung?" Insoo asked, wide-eyed. Seyong proudly grinned as he leaned back on his chair. 

"Wow, I didn't know a soccer player like you could've gotten someone like her to talk to you so easily." Chaejin chuckled, watching a stream of students enter the cafeteria. 

"Hey, look. She's here." Seyong fumbled and quickly straightened his posture as he watched his crush enter the cafeteria, a small smile on her cherry red lips. He unknowingly smiled too. 

"Look at him, he's completely mesmerized." JunQ joked. 

"Go and say hi to her." Insoo suggested, nudging him in the gut.

"What? No way, she's popular and I'm mediocre, it'll be weird if I say something to her. What if she doesn't even remember who I am?" He heaved a sigh, slamming his head on the table.

"You're crushing on her way too hard." JunQ told him, patting his back.

"It's inevitable. Look at her, she's perfect." He turned his head to face Sooyoung and watched her curl her hair behind her ear as she spoke to Maera. 

"Look, if it makes you happy, I'll talk to her later in class." Insoo sighed, placing his chopsticks down. Seyong sat up, his face lighted up.

"You'll do that?" 

"If it helps you, yes. I think." He mumbled, unsure of himself. Seyong smiled goofily as he continued to watch Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung stretched as she walked back into class, her 4 inch heels digging into the tiled floor as she walked to her seat. Insoo sighed. I can't believe I'm doing this. Seyong, you owe me one. Insoo took in a deep breath and extended a finger to tap Sooyoung on the shoulder. She turned around and smiled, her big chestnut eyes staring straight into his. 

"Oh, Insoo-sunbaenim." Sooyoung bowed respectfully and he returned the gesture. Insoo was a year older than Sooyoung but because he had moved into Korea from America at the start of the year, he was made to study an extra year in high school.

"Can I have a word with you?" He croaked. Sooyoung raised her eyebrows in amusement and nodded. He gestured for her to move to the corner of the classroom where it was quieter. 

"What's up?" She asked cheerfully, tugging at her altered skirt. She was still uncomfortable with her wardrobe change, but she just had to deal with it.

"You know my friend Seyong, right?" 

"oh, Seyong-sunbaenim! Yes, why?" she cocked her head to one side. 

"Well, he's too shy to talk to you so I was wondering if you could take time off to get to know him better?" he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with the girl.

"Sure." she agreed immediately. Sooyoung didn't need to be a genius to figure it out. He knew what Insoo was trying to imply. Seyong had a crush on her. She didn't feel flattered or annoyed, she thought it was cute. Besides, Seyong was rather attractive in her eyes. So why not?

"Great! Thanks so much Sooyoung." Insoo smiled widely, his pearly whites showing. Sooyoung nodded and headed back to her seat, where a unamused Kai was watching her like a hawk. 

"What was that about?" He inquired the moment she sat down.

"Nothing." She mused as she took out her notebook, an expression of happiness all over her face.

"There's definitely something up." Kai folded his arms and leaned forward so he would be right next to her ear. She flicked his nose and he yelped.

"Don't be such a busybody and mind your own business." she snapped. Kai frowned and leaned back on his chair, fairly annoyed. 

"Mind my own business, please." he mumbled under his breath, staring straight into her jet black hair, hoping she would receive a telepathic message that she was in big trouble after school. 

 

Sooyoung checked the message on her phone from Insoo once more. He had told her that Seyong would be at the library after school and she was planning to pay him a visit to talk. Nothing serious, just a senior to junior talk. Sooyoung smiled as she straightened her uniform and pushed opened the doors of the library. 

She scanned the area and spotted a preoccupied Seyong, headphones on and books sprawled all over the table. She looked at him in awe as he furiously wrote down notes on a notebook, while bobbing his head to his music. She giggled as she slowly made her way towards him before taking a seat opposite him and staring. 

It took Seyong a while to register who was sitting in front of him and when he finally realized it was Choi Sooyoung, right in front of his eyes, staring straight at him. He nearly peed himself when she waved at him, a wide smile spread across her face. 

"S-sooyoung-ssi." He croaked. 

"Hey." She responded. 

"W-what are you doing here?" He asked, still stunned.

"Oh, you know. Scaring people while they study." She grinned. Seyong's face turned red and he quickly cleared his throat to avoid the awkward atmosphere between them.

"You're studying, biology?" She asked, looking through the stack of books piled up at one corner. He nodded shyly and closed his notebook, seeing as he didn't need to write anything anymore with Sooyoung in front of his eyes.

"You like biology?" He nodded again. Sooyoung giggled as his speechlessness. 

"Sorry, I'm being rude, aren't I? You're busy studying and here I am, disturbing you." Seyong quickly shook his head.

"No, no! You're not bothering me. I was just about to finish. How about you give me five minutes to wrap up my note taking and I'll buy you coffee?" Seyong suggested, booming with confidence. Sooyoung smiled.

"That sounds nice." 

 

"So, sunbae, tell me more about yourself." Sooyoung asked, bringing her ice cold java chip to her lips.

"Well, I'm co-captain of the soccer team, I like cheese a lot and I am taking a girl out for coffee now." He grinned. Sooyoung smiled as they walked back to school. She had to admit, Seyong was really funny and nice. 

"Tell me more about yourself too." He asked. 

"I'm part of the photography club, I learnt the three different catergories of art when I was younger and I'm having coffee with my senior." She smiled back at him, making his heart beat rapidly. 

"Well, that's sufficient information I needed to know." he said, finishing up his drink. 

"Me too." 

They both looked at each other, an awkward silence engulfing them. 

"So-" They both said at the same time. 

"You go first." Sooyoung suggested. Seyong nodded and stuffed his hands into his pockets. 

"C-can I call you some time? I mean, I get it if you're totally against it." he mumbled, avoiding her gaze. She smiled.

"Sure, I was about to ask you for your number anyway." She commented. Seyong grinned and they both exchanged phone numbers.

"I should probably get home now, I'll text you?" Sooyoung asked. Seyong nodded and they both went their separtate ways, a smile on both of their faces. 

But someone hiding behind the door of the english classroom, overhearing their conversation, wore a big frown, eyes green with jealousy. 


Sorry for disappearing for such a long time! My exams are over so I've finally got the time to update! I guess this wasn't a twist you were expecting, right right? If you guys don't know who Seyong, Insoo and JunQ are, they're from MYNAME. Sorry if their character traits aren't really used in here, I just thought of using them in here because it would be so unexpected. kekekeke! I have tuition tomorrow but I really hope I oversleep so I won't have to go T_T it doesn't make sense for me to attend tuition when my exams have just ended, right? 

Anyway, thanks to PochoPanda for subscribing! 

xoxo