All Boxed Up

Love Box

 

I saw Jiyong cry like there was no tomorrow. Now I am seeing him embrace her like there is no tomorrow. I definitely like seeing them like this. Of course, they did not stay that way forever, Jiyong later took her out to dinner and took her home then early the next morning was already at her house to take her out for breakfast, later for lunch, coffee break, and another dinner. Can you blame Jiyong if he almost camped out of her house? It took him seven years to find her again so he’s making up for lost time. Reason can indeed forget, but the heart will always remember where it is destined to belong.

 

I have to thank a friend of mine for agreeing to pose as an old man and farting in the elevator, easing the tension between these two in the process. As history shows, we have been known to pop a thought or two in man’s mind or send friends and relatives who can help them out at a most critical time, but at the end of the day, man still needs to decide if he will follow or not the signs and road map laid out for him to fulfill his destiny. I just helped move things along, bringing Daesung in, Minji, Gene, Tanya, and yeah, the out of the way bench, some kind of an elevator accident, all with permission from the Master, of course. (Just between you and me, He’s a big romantic, really).

 

I think it was neither Chae rin who found Jiyong that autumn day nor was it Jiyong, I think they both found each other. To paraphrase Elliot, a poet friend who is now arguing with me about my two wards, “at the end of all searching they arrived at the same place seeing it for the very first time” and falling in love as they're destined to.

 

What’s in store for these two? Hmmm, well, one earth morning I saw Jiyong hide this precious little thing in the lovebox Chae rin gave him. It was a small band of platinum with a diamond studded butterfly delicately perched on it. His grand plan is to surprise Chae rin when he takes her to breakfast at The Beanery. But breakfast couldn’t wait, so the morning he came knocking at her door, he went on one knee, popped the question and was met with a heart-stopping and most coveted “YES”. Man, it was one of the beautiful mornings I have ever seen happening on earth. 

 

Now, at The Beanery, Minji was balancing two cups of coffee on her tray for her Unni and Jiyong when she accidentally bumped unto a young man, who was too busy rummaging through his backpack to look up where he was going.

 

“Oops, sorry…” they both said, and then their eyes met.

 

“I’m Daesung,” he said, reaching out his arms to balance the tray.

 

“Minji,” she smiled. 

 

Yep, my two new wards… but this is an altogether another story waiting to unfold.