Get to Know the Princess

Finding My Own Fairytale

chapter five; get to know the princess

Thank goodness! I've survived Korea in a week and two days without being homesick.

Today is Tuesday and my packages will be delivered. I patiently wait on the couch with the two boys, GongChan and JinYoung. I don't know where the other three went, and I also do not care.

"I'll get it," I excitedly stood up as the doorbell rings. It's here. My other things.

"What is that?" GongChan rushed towards me. "You need help?"

"Oh." Very gentleman. I loftily said, "Sure. Thanks."

"You need help in unpacking?" JinYoung asked. I don't want to be nice at them and to ignore them. I just nod and smiled.

"Wow. Are these crowns? How did you get it?" GongChan asked as he wears my Homecoming Queen 2008 crown.

"Well," I shyly but proudly continue with my eyes fluttering, "I'm very popular at school so—"

 

JinYoung's POV

"Are you y?" I asked. It's just a payback for insulting us.

"No." She chuckled but I felt she was insulted. "I hate my y schoolmates, which are mostly cheerleaders. People just treat me as a goddess."

"Can we see these pictures?" GongChan asked.

"Sure." She smiled.

Wow! She really is a goddess; Goddess of brats. We look at her pictures in high school. Prom queen, homecoming queen. Wow.

"Who is this guy?" I asked and pointed the good-looking guy. "Is he your boyfriend?"

"That is Ryan Gardiner. He is not and will never going to be my boyfriend." She smiled. "He's always the king when I became the queen. I see him as a friend but he always treats me like his love."

Oh.

"Did you have a boyfriend?" GongChan asked. She shook her head. "Jeongmal? With that beauty? Have you like anyone?"

"Yes, but it just lasts in two months." She smiled. "How about you? Have you liked someone?"

I thought he was asking GongChan until she moved my face to see her. I felt awkward. "Of course."

"You look like a playboy." She told me. I smiled. Me? A playboy? I'm a good boy.

“Are you born in States?” I asked.

“Ani. We just moved there when I was five.”

“But did you come back here?”

“For vacations only. When I was nine we moved here for some reasons but we relocate, again, to L.A. when I was twelve.”

"Did you paint these?" GongChan asked. Wow. It's pretty. "Wow. Did you come from a rich family?"

"Ne." She nodded.

"How?" The question that went out of my mouth. She looked at me and blinked her eyes.

"We live in L.A., where celebrities are. And, we own a mall there."

"Wow," GongChan mouthed. "So, what made you go here? You're a model and stylist there. You have everything."

"Hmmm. I want to know my own country." Really? Her answer looks like a random thought. She has to have a reason.

"You know the first step to know your country?" I asked.

"Uhmm. Ditch your iPhone for a Korean-made phone?" GongChan and I looked at each other and laughed very hard. Aigoo. I can't breathe. Omo. She is very funny.

"Aniya!" I laughed. I fanned myself with my hands.

"JinYoung hyung had never laughed like that for a long time." GongChan kicked the floor while laughing.

"Listening and loving our music is the answer. Did you bring our albums?" I looked at my kid. He rushed to the door and gets his bag.

"Here." He gave me our four mini albums and first album.

"Look. I'm giving this to you." I said. To be honest, manager hyung bought those.

"Don't waste your time for convincing me." She scorned.

"I chose the one with GongChan and my postcards. . . Open it." She is very lucky.

"Just try. You'll love it." I smiled. She looked at my hands with the albums.

"If you'll be our fan, you are very lucky. Fans are dying to meet us." GongChan grabbed our first mini album and started opening.

"Don't play the CD." She said.

"Right." I smirked. "We are not playing the CD. I'll play the songs from my laptop."

"So. What you are hearing now is O.K., our debut song." GongChan explained. He showed her our photo book. She turned the pages while her face looks bored. She stopped at my profile. She looked at me and back to the page. She lifted my chin and looked at me in different angle.

"Wae?" I asked.

"You're handsome, too. You look sweet here. Dark hair fits you."

Jinjja? I am flattered. People told me that, but not from this girl.

"Can you rank us again?" I asked.

"GongChan is still the first. You became the second, since you are nice to me. Then Sandeul, CNU and Baro."

"Wow, hyung." GongChan nudged me. I shrugged.

 

Soobin's POV

          So, the two of them continued talking about their songs, concepts, photos and many more. Care to ask what percent in my mind of liking their group? Exactly, 1% . So, JinYoung composes songs. That's cute. But, I’m still holding a grudge for the prank.

"So far, what song do you like?" JinYoung asked.

"None," I said in a deadpan tone.

"Pick."

“No.”

“Even a bit? You don’t like them?”

I looked at the screen and clicked the previous. I read the titles. "Bling girl."

"Jinjja?" JinYoung hold my shoulders firmly and turned me to him.

 He looks very happy.

"Yes. Why?" I think they'll understand that.

"JinYoung hyung composed that." GongChan smiled and removed JinYoung's hands on my shoulders. "For the girl he loved."

"Do you like our songs now?"

"No." I firmly said. "The songs sound cheap, especially if there are English words in the middle of the sentence."

"Jinjja," GongChan stared at me. I don’t care if they’re hurt. I’m just telling the truth.

"How can you say that to our face?" JinYoung sighed. I don’t care if I’m a frank.

"You know when I first heard So Nyeo Shi Dae's English version of their song 'The Boys', the lyrics are nonsense. Jinjjayo, what kind of song is that?" I looked at them. GongChan pressed his lips together. He stood up and left the room. JinYoung and I both stared at the door, where GongChan left. JinYoung looked at me after he left. I tried my best not to look affected. Seriously? I don't care to their third-rate music.

"If you hate our music, you can't love your country." He looked at me and left like GongChan. So what? I came here, actually, for my prince.

"Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?" I yelled. "Oh my gosh."

I spent the rest of the afternoon putting my things in the right place. I'm usually lazy, but this time, I felt like doing something. I did all my best just to ignore the two and prevent myself from peeking outside the room.

'Soobin, is it alright for you if you cook tonight? We'll be late because of some problem. You can cook even a bit, right? If cake is all you can make, just cook the ramen. And, don't burn my kitchen.'

From: Samchon ; 5:30 p.m.

Jinjja! Uncle thinks that making cake, pastries or desserts are all that I can make. I know how to cook some meal. And also, you can't make me eat ramen. Like you don't know Sophie Yoon.

I went outside the room and try to avoid looking at them. Uncle has nothing in this fridge. Tofu, some vegetables and some things, food or whatever are those that I don't know. I don't know what I am going to do. Eottokhae? Haha. I can now use Korean words as my expressions.

"Are you going to cook?" I tried my best not to look at JinYoung. My heart throbs as he asked me. I thought he is mad at me. I don't talk to the people I'm mad at. I took out the tofu and he follows me at the counter. "Hey. Are you going to ignore me?"

I still ignore him, but as I go in front of the stove, he still follows me.

"Are you sure you know how to cook?"

Yes. Do I look like someone who cannot cook? But, to be honest, I've never tried frying before. I lit the stove and put a right amount of oil. Why do I feel nervous before putting the tofu? As I was about to put it, I noticed JinYoung in my peripheral vision, crossed arms while looking at me. I can do this.

"Omo!" I squealed and ducked as I put the tofu on the pan. I sighed when nothing splashes on me.

"Aigoo." He laughed. I felt him going towards me and he held my both hands. He guided me cooking. Should I push him? Or should I just let him? Ryan did this to me when he was trying to show something on my PC. He was behind me while his arms are on mine. Eottokhae? Aish! Just push him away.

Please comment ^__^ I'll appreciate it