Date with the New Prince

Finding My Own Fairytale

chapter thirteen; date with new prince

 

 

Baro's POV

"9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, photoshoot at Mujigae Studio. 12:00 PM onwards, table-reading for Reply 1994." I read the schedule for today while the make-up artist is applying light make-up on me. I'm feeling tired today but I will work hard whatever I feel.

"Baro didn't complain." Shinwoo acted surprised while the others laughed.

"Don't worry hyung. We are all busy today." Gongchan patted my shoulder.

"I'm here!" A familiar voice covered the dressing room. Now, where did I hear that voice?

Geumhee noona, the stylist, stopped scanning my clothes and bobbed her head up. "You're late. Go to your dressing room now." I can't see who the girl is because I was told to close my eyes for the hairspray.

"Oops. Wrong dressing room." That voice. It couldn't be—

"Soobin-ah?" Sandeul asked. I looked at the reflection in the mirror. There is Soobin, standing in front of the doorway. As usual, she looks stunning.

"B1A4? What are you doing here?" She asked while she entered the room, carrying a big box. I assume it contained foods because of the aroma I smell.

"We should ask you that." JinYoung hyung said.

"It's really you guys." Soobin chuckled. "I work here now."

"Okay, boys, get ready for the pictorial in five minutes." Someone announced. "And Soobin, don't let them wait for another thirty minutes."

"Wow. So, you are the model we will work with?" JinYoung hyung just came out behind the curtains for changing.

"You can continue that chat later." The guy said. Oh, it was the director.

"Director, I brought foods with me. Take a break first." I think she's using her charming smile so the director will cool off. "I'm sorry if I woke up late today."

She gave the box to the assistant and bowed. Then, she turned to us. "See you later." And, she hurried away. Wow, I can't believe she's here.

"Someone looks happy." Shinwoo hyung mumbled. I looked for the guy he was referring to but they were all staring at me. I saw my face in the mirror, smiling

"What do you mean?" I instantly frowned and stood up. I quickly fixed my clothes and went outside the room.

 

Soobin's POV

"Annyeong!" I cheerful smile of Minhyuk welcomed me as I entered the room. I can feel my heart trembling inside. I think I like him now even we just spent a few hours yesterday. I know. We just met yesterday. We just met but we're both in getting-to-know-each-other stage. And later, I'm sure that he owes me a tour around this place.

"Hi. I brought something for everyone. Come eat outside while I prepare." I smiled back at him.

"Thank you but I don't eat during the shoot." He apologetically smiled. That hurt me. "But, I think I have a date with someone. Don't want to miss it." He winked at me which made my heart jumped for joy. A date? He counts that as a date.

"Whatever." I giggled silently as he waved a sign that he's about to leave the room.

"Later, okay?" He beamed again, showing his dimples.

"He's so cute, isn't he?" Yoonhee, a stylist, said dreamily. "You're so lucky, Miss Soobin. He doesn't usually ask girls out."

"Miss Soobin is very pretty. Any guy would fall for her in any seconds." JaeIn added.

Ugh. Gossiping ladies. "He didn't really ask me out," I said in a modest tone. "We just met yesterday."

"Even if you just met yesterday, I can definitely tell that he has crush on you." Joori said.

Heesook, another stylist, groaned. She looks jealous. "Can you please just get back to work? Miss Soobin is late." She gave me an outfit to change in. "Hurry up."

Wow. Working with B1A4 is fun, I have to admit. The shoot was finished early, which gave me time to change in casual clothes and fix my make-up. The boys invited me to lunch but I told them I have plans. Uncle was nowhere to be seen but B1A4 is with a staff from their agency.

I feeling of excitement rushed as I heard someone knocking. I wish it’s Minhyuk.

"Come in." I sang. The door opened and it was Minhyuk.

"Hey. I'll be waiting outside, okay." He flashed another charming smile at me. I nodded. As he left, I saw my face in the mirror blushing. I did some yoga fire breaths and made my nervousness fade away. I changed in the most casual dress that I saw in the wardrobe that Minhee gave me. I changed the pumps I'm wearing into a pair of studded platform booties. I applied a light make-up on my face, trying to make it look bare. I hope he'll not notice that I really prepared for this.

I checked myself in the mirror for the last time, did some yoga fire breaths and smiled at my reflection. I slowly opened the door and looked for Minhyuk. And, there he is, standing at the end of the hall of dressing rooms.

"Hey." I smiled while walking towards him. He quickly smiled back and waved. "Sorry to keep you waiting. I think I ruined a costume," I lied.

"That's alright. It gave me time o meet B1A4. I admit that I admire that group." He looked down. "My sister loves them so much."

Okay. I think they are famous. I just smiled at him, not knowing what to say.

"I heard that you rejected their invite for you at lunch. You're so lucky. I think you know them so well." What is he saying? Oh, right. I need to stop looking at his angelic face while we are talking.

"Uhmm," I shyly started, “ I really saved this day for you. I mean, I already said yes to you. And, I really know B1A4 before this pictorial. Not really me. My uncle does." Ugh. What am I even saying? I am so pathetic. "Sorry. Blurting random things is a habit."

"It’s cute actually." He chuckled. "Are you hungry? Do you want to eat, first?"

"Starved, to be honest. Okay. Let's go eat first." I agreed. I am so counting this as a date.

 

JinYoung's POV

"I feel so lonely without Manager hyung in our side." Baro faked sobs as soon as Mr. Yoo left our table.

"Don't be rude." Shinwoo warned. "Let's just be thankful because we are having a good lunch."

I nodded, agreeing, when Gongchan gasped exaggeratedly. He pointed at something. We all looked at the direction.

"What's that?" Sandeul asked, puzzled.

Gongchan laughed. "I tricked you again."

I heard Shinwoo and Baro tsked. We all dig in our foods again. A few minutes later, someone gasped. I didn’t bother to look again because I know Chanshik is fooling around again.

"You guys, look." Baro said. We all did. Whoa. Soobin walked in with a guy. A very-good looking guy. They are both happy.

"Is that why she turned down our invite for her at lunch?" Gongchan said without removing his eyes at Soobin with a guy. That guy. I think he's a model in that studio.

"He is handsome." I admit.

"But, I have a bad feeling on that guy," Baro continued.

"Tell me if we are about to go at their table." Shinwoo said.

"Let's just wait first." I watched.

This is like the dramas in the TV where the guy takes her girlfriend out for their first date. There is Soobin, acting shy. And they look like they feel awkward with each other. All those formal gestures looks like they're from a drama.

For a moment, I feel jealous. I think everyone here in this table do feel that way.

 

Soobin's POV

I sighed again for the fifth time while I looked at his flawless face. I wonder if it is really flawless or just covered with BB cream.

He moved closer to me and he smells good. I thought he was going to kiss me but he whispered, "Don't look but B1A4 is here and I think they are looking at our direction."

I looked anyway. They thought that I didn't notice but they quickly looked away and I caught them.

"Can you believe it? B1A4 is now acquainted to me." He smiled eagerly. "My sister is really a fan of them. And I feel so lucky meeting them. And we're even eating in the same restaurant."

"Wow." is all I can say.

"What were you saying again about your uncle and them?" Uh-oh.

"Uh. Nothing. My uncle just works in their agency. Do you want also a mousse for dessert?"

He shrugged, just nodded and gave me one of those killer smiles. Isn't he cute?

 

Baro's POV

We finished eating as soon as the two were about to leave their table. Wait. The guy hasn't payed yet. I knew that guy is a criminal.

"Waiter!" I immediately called our waiter.

"Baro, you still have a table-reading. We're about to leave." Mr. Yoo said.

"No, I'm not going to order. That guy didn't pay!" I panicked. The waiter arrived at our table and I reported him. The waiter smiled like something is funny.

"I'm sorry, sir. That is Bang Minhyuk. His family own this restaurant so he can eat all he want here without paying," the waiter said. My cheeks went hot. This is so embarrassing. I don't know what to say.

"Oh. Okay." Thank you, Shinwoo hyung. "We're getting our bill."

Sandeul grinned at me and shook his head. Aish.

 

Soobin's POV

Hanging out with Minhyuk is so fun. He likes shopping too and he doesn't care if we stayed longer in a shop just because I cannot make up my mind. He has also a great fashion sense, like me. And, he is obviously straight. I think 30% of me say that we are meant for each other.

"I had fun today." He smiled at me as he sips in his vanilla bean frappé. He likes vanilla, too. Most of the boys I know think that the taste of vanilla is girly and disgusting.

"Me too," I happily agreed.

"Uhmm, Soobin-ah," he held my hand as he asked, "do you mind if we continue seeing each other?"

I gulped, carefully letting the question sink in my mind. I don't know what to say. Oh my gosh.

 

 

i don't know what title to place