Nine

Love Arrow

During lunch 

I opened the rooftop door, peaked if anyone was up here. I closed the door walking into the corner edge of building. As I sat there enjoying the sunlight I heard giggles and laughter near. "Who's there?" I ask softly decided to go look. "Hello?" I ask, turn the corner seeing Kurai and this other girl flirting physically. "Dorei?" I said, shock. The girl pulled back stared to me and back to him. She quickly excused herself. "What is the meaning of this?" I ask. "What?" Kurai said pretending not to know. "You dated Chika not that long and now cheating? That is why I hate men he most" I said, walking closer to him. "Why does my cheating bother you?" Kurai ask. "Y-you aren't being faithful to Chika" I said, already know that they aren't officially dating but I am playing along with their plan to see for myself if I can vent out my emotions this way. "But what if I am saying this is all fake and the one I truly have feelings for is you?" Kurai said, startled me. "What? You have feelings for me?" I ask. "Of course. I have liked you, but I am not going to be playing by Taki's games" Kurai said. "What was Taki's planned game?" I ask. "To get you confused with your emotions, but you already are so I decided to come up with my own game for you to accept your feelings if you feel the same as me" Kurai said, blush a little looking away. "Idiot" I punch him slightly on the chest. "I have been feeling pain, but I don't think it is called liking" I said. "You're the idiot" Kurai said, pulled me in for a soft kiss on the lips. My eyes widen didn't expect him to be kissing me. He pulls back, wrapping his arm around me. "I will show you the emotions of liking someone can bring" Kurai said as I was speechless don't know what to say or act. "You're cute when you're quiet" Kurai chuckles near my ear that gave a ticklish feel to me. "Should we tell them?" I ask. "No, let's confuse and mess with their plan" Kurai suggests as I giggled as an agreement. 



Later in the day

We were walking together holding hands as I was enjoying the moment of him walking me home. "Oh" Taki said, spot Kurai as she waited at the bus stop with Chika. Kurai quickly slides his hand away from mine as I realized the situation of why he did that. "Hello, Chika-chan" I said smiling step away from Kurai. "Hello. Kurai-kun, what took you so long?" Chika said, held his arm. I stared at her then glance to Taki who gave me a weird glare.
"Let's go our ways" Kurai suggests as we nod. "Let's go, Taki" I said walking first. 

"You seem happy today" Taki said, enter the bus with me. "I am always happy" I said, sat by the window seat. "Okay" Taki said, suspecting something. 

 


Back at home

"I'm home" I shout enter the house as I took off my shoes. "Father?" I called looking around for him. "Father?" I kept calling as I approach the lounge. "Hello, dear" my dad said as he wipe his tears. "What's wrong, father?" I walk to him as I sat on the ground, leaning my head on his knee. "You were watching the wedding celebration of you and mom" I said, smiling. "Yeah" my dad said weeping softly as he pays my head. "Thinking about it, mom's death anniversary is coming soon" I said with a sigh. "Yeah, we should prepare something" my dad said. "Of course. Cook mom's favorite dish, put flowers at her grave stone, and be happy" I said. "Definitely," my dad said, "Now go eat and shower before you fall asleep here" I chuckle as I nod leaving the room. 

 


Days later

"Ishi!" Taki called. "What?" Ishi answers next to her. "Whoa, I though you were further. Didn't expect you to be near me" Taki said. "What do you need?" Ishi asks. "Hikari seems to be fine with the dating of Chika and Kurai. It is weird that she is not reacting to it" Taki said. "Maybe she doesn't like Kurai" Ishi said. "Maybe" Taki said. 



Close to the end of school day

"Hey, where is Kanna?" I ask, Kurai couldn't find him. "What do you need him for?" Kurai asks. "He has my notes for tomorrow's test and I need them to study" I said. "You can use mine" Kurai search in his bag for his notes. Taki and Chika rushes over to us shouting, "Kurai Hikari! Kanna was taken away by some gangsters!" They both said at the same time. "Why? Did you see their face? Where are they heading?" I ask all in one breath. "I am not sure, but Ishi is chasing them as we came to get you two" Taki said. I automatically thought, "This is Taki's plan of getting me to vent out my emotions, huh?" 
"Let's go" I said, packed my stuff and ran to go to my car. 



"Yu guys are finally here" Ishi said, waited by the entrance. "Where is Kanna?" I ask as soon as I got out of my car. "I stopped here because I didn't want to get to near the people. As far as I can see, the place is guarded" Ishi said. "What are we waiting for then?" I said, leaving to go in first. "Come on" Taki said. "Chika, you stay here in case the police comes" Kurai said looking back at them. "Yeah, sure" Chika said. "Let's go" I said, waving at them. 
 


"Be careful"Ishi said, pulled me away when spot a guard nearby. "Thanks" I said to Ishi. "Over here. Let's take this way" Kurai said notice a shortcut. "Hurry" I said as Kurai lead and me the second to last after Taki. Suddenly a guard kicked Kurai from the corner. "Kurai!" I shout, automatically tackle the guy down. "Ishi!" Taki screams as a different guard came, grasp her neck. "Taki!" Ishi shout rushes over but the guard pulled Taki in front of him as a threat if he comes closer he would snap Taki's neck. "Kurai" I grab his arm to pull him up as two different guards attacked us. THUD! I hit the wall hard, knocking me out.