Three

Love Arrow

Next day at school

"Have a good day at school?" Father said as I smiled closed the door. I approach the school gates spotting Taki with Ame whispering to each other's ear. I ignored them as the school intercom went on announcing the results. 

"The first game round for high jump was won by Taki coming as first place, archery was a tie between Kurai and Hikari, traditional music performance was won by Taki again, poetry won by Saki, meter dash won by Taki, and judo won by Ame," the announcer said, " the homeroom that will get the vacation is homeroom number A-214" 
"Yes! We won!" I heard my homeroom teacher scream as I continued my way to my locker. 

In archery class 
I sat on the sideline since I have a broken arm watching my classmate practice. "Have a drink" Kurai hand me a soda drink. "I don't drink soda" I reply as he sat next to me. "Then I guess it'll be mine" Kurai said. "Dorei*, why do some people especially your friend doesn't trust the fact that you're not going to be judging them?" I ask as he made a weird face. (*= Japanese way of saying slave usually in a offensive way) "Maybe you judge people too much making them feel like you're going to be judging your own friends" Kurai answered. "Go away, why am I even asking my own enemy?" I retort push him away with my left hand. He stood up before I get to lay my hand on him as he said, "With your stubborn attitude of not letting anyone help is the reason why people don't trust you. You selfishly stick to your own ideas, but when others give advice you reject them as if they're a hypocrite. Hikari, you may be great in archery, but you aren't great at keeping your relationship strong" Kurai said left. 

The day of the hot spring resorts

"All student of homeroom A-214 may climb onto the most luxurious bus while the other homeroom students stay behind" the intercom went on. I sat in the far back last seat by myself as I saw Taki glanced my way before sitting with Ame in the middle seats. I turned away pulling myself with headphones to escape from reality. 

It was late when we arrived at the area. The girls slept in one big room as the boys in another. I laid my sleeping bag by the window deck as all the girls giggle and chat about how gorgeous they guys will look like when they are topless. I stared at Taki somehow smiled knowing that she's still laughing even if all of the misunderstanding between us hasn't been cleared. I grab my clothes bag and head to the bathroom to go change for the night. 

Morning

"Morning, ladies" I heard a familiar voice said as they all  gasp getting up. I groan rolled the other way away from the noise. "Everyone may leave. I'll get her moving" the voice continue to speak as I hear shuffles of footsteps going out. Kurai sat on me facing my direction. "Ugh, what is so heavy?" I said rolled to lay on my back seeing Kurai sitting on my leg. "What the!" I said startled trying to get up but he held me down using his weigh on me. "This isn't funny, Dorei! Get off me before I report that you are ually harassing me" I spoke in a sharp tone. "Are you going to be reporting this too?" Kurai said leans over letting his lips touch my cheek. "ert! I demand you to get off!" I shoved him away roll to my side as he chuckle. "Don't come near me!" I shout grab hold to my shirt. "Idiot" he said stood up. "Just teasing you," he said, "also, make sure not to injury your arm even more due to your energetic mood right now" he continued to tease as I threw a pillow at him as he left. 

"Sensei! Why is the other homerooms here?" The students asked. "To be honest, it didn't matter who won the games and sports. It was actually a school field trip but we came up with the games to make it more exciting" sensei answer. We all groaned hate to be lied by our sensei. "Also, we also planned to do hiking today. It's a race on who will find all the keys to the treasure box" sensei add. "Is there any prize?" One student asks. "Of course, the prize will be announced at the end, but for now go enjoy the hot spring" sensei said. 

Most of the student hanged out in the sauna room as I went to the private hot spring room. "Yes, no one is here" I said, set my clothes on the bench wrapping my towel around me. I looked at myself in the mirror, pulling all my hair into a bun. "Here I go" I said dipped myself into the water. "Wa~ it feels great" I said, moving myself near the rocks. Splash! I automatically looked around for the person who just enter the water. "What are you doing here?" Kurai said from my right. I turned jerk away from him. "I was here before you" I correct. "Cool, it's nice having a lady in the hot spring with me anyway" he said sounding erted. "I'm gonna go" I said walking to the edge. "Aren't you afraid that your towel is see-through because right now you have really small . Is it a size A-32?" He joked as I froze where I was at. I gradually turned to him with glaring eyes. "I am not an A-32" I replied about to choke him. "You're seems impossible to be C" he said. "If you're tying to provoke me by rejecting that you're an extra size bigger, well it's working we'll since I am a man" he starts walking closer. "Get away from me" I respond walking backwards. "Hikari! Are you in here?!" I heard Ishi's voice. "Why is he even here?!" I thought slipped backwards as Kurai grabbed my left arm and pulled me to his chest.

"Hikari?" Ishi said slide the door open didn't see anyone in the hot spring. "If you're not here then why is your clothes sitting here?" Ishi said closed the door and grab my clothes leaving. My heart was racing like crazy as his hand is over my mouth, our bodies touching especially my legs against his. I felt terrible from hiding away from Ishi, there's nothing to hide about so why am I hiding? "You may let go now" Kurai said as I realized that I was still in his embracement. "Sorry" I jerk back held onto my towel. "Why is your face all red?" Kurai ask. "It's nothing. It's just hot in here" I said walking away. "You should go before you faint" Kurai suggest as I nod leaving. 

I closed the door behind me as I looked at the spot where I left my clothes. "My clothes are gone!" I yelled slide the door open to the hot spring. "I guess you can't go anywhere then" Kurai said still in the hot spring. "Can't I borrow your's?" I ask. "Definitely not" he answer. "What a gentlemen you are" I scoff. "I'll go get you some clothes" he said getting up to leave. "Why haven't I thought of that?" I said in my mind. 

Hours later when the hiking game starts

"Everyone, pick at least 2 partners for the game. Each individual needs to assign a leader and a color name for their badge. We must meet back here before sun down. Anyone who is missing just be reported immediately" teacher said as the students nod.

I glanced to Taki but she wasn't looking at me as some random nerdy girls came and ask me if they can join me. I opened my mouth about to say, "Go find someone else" but I just smiled as a yes. All the students separated into different pathways as my group took the furthest path. "How come you aren't with Taki?" one of the girls asked. "She has other friends to be with" I said, focusing on the map as we walk. "I heard she is dating Ame" another girl said. "I don't know about that" I answer marking the trees with blue just in case we get lost. 

"Here!" I said as they surround me. "It's here somewhere like the x mark says on the map" I glanced around for any chest box. We all searched around as I went a little deeper into the forest. "I found it!" one of the girls shout making me turn to the noise. "Com-" I stop as I listened, feeling winds gradually picking up. "Girls! Let's hurry and get back. There is a storm catching up" I yelled rushing back to them. 

We arrived soon after some groups. "At least we found one" my mate said as I ignored her looking for Taki's group. I spot Seriu flirting with Ame, her hands all around him and he enjoying it. I stomp my way to them pushing those in my way. Kurai turns to me once he saw me looking all serious and about to kill someone. "Hikari!" Ishi came up to me but I shove him away as I turn Ame to me. SLAP! Everyone who saw gasps especially Seriu. Ishi came to me grasp my arms to pull me back, but I yank my arms away. "How dare you flirt with Seriu in front of me?! Where the F is Taki?!" I yelled. "How would I know? She's not my girlfriend anymore" Ame said as Seriu puts her arm around his. "" I said about to slap her face but Kurai grabbed my hand. I glared at him can't believe that he defended her. I yank my hand away from him and turn to walk away however... PUNCH! "Hikari" Ishi said shock that I punched Kurai in the mouth. "All you guys are hypocrite" I said ran off to go look for Taki. "Hikari! Come back here this instant!" Teacher yelled. 

"Taki! Where are you?!" I shout not following the pathway. "Please answer me, Taki!" I yelled harder. Taki heard my voice echoes as she glances into the sky seeing rolling clouds coming faster. "Hikari!" Ishi shouts. "Stay on the path! I'll help you find Taki!" Ishi continue to shout. "Taki! Answer me! I am not mad at you! I felt betrayed when you decided to tell Seriu over me! Please come out!" I yelled hear thunder strike. Rain suddenly starts to pour, lightning shooting, and thunder rumbling. "Hikari! I am over here!" Taki yelled as I heard her from my left side. "Coming!" I yelled rush over barely see the ground. "Hikari" Taki said, saw me as she ran to me embrace me. "Stupid girl! I told you Seriu isn't trustful. Why did you still believed her?" I said broke the embracement. "I thought she was different" Taki said suddenly started to cry, but there was no different because the rain on her face seemed like her tears already. "Let's head back" I said in a more friendly voice. She nods holding on to me as I lead the way. "The pathway are covered in mud now. There is no way we can find our way back" Taki said. "We will find our way" I said. "Hikari, I'm sorry" Taki said, seem to have stop crying. "Save it for later. We first need to get out of this storm" I said, step on a loose ground. "Eahhh!" We both scream rolled down the muddy cliff. "Hikari!" Ishi said heard our voice. "Idiot" Kurai said also heard us. 

"Did you find them?" Ishi said came back to the house. "In this rain their footsteps would be hard to follow. We need until the rain is gone" Kurai said, calm. "Ugh, why is she such a hassle? Rushing into things especially in this storm" Ishi said worried. 

Morning

I groan landed on my broken arm making myself in pain to get up from the wet ground. "Hikari!" Taki said automatically got up to get to me. "Your arm" she said helped me sat up. "It's fine, but I think I broke it again" I said. "You shouldn't have came to look for me" Taki said. "Who leaves their friends in danger especially when they need someone" I said. She smiled happy that I was here for her. "The ground is not as wet not, but going back is harder since we are lost" I said as we both glanced around not familiar with the area. 

"Sensei! Kurai and the guest Ishi is gone!" Student rushed to the teacher's dorm. "What?!" 
"Shouldn't we informed the teachers and resort workers about missing students?" Ishi asks. "No need. A girl like Hikari is too strong to die in a one night storm" Kurai said. "But Taki. I am worried about her" Ishi said as Kurai glance at him weirdly. "We will find them" he said to assure Ishi to not be worried.  

"It seems like we're at the edge of the forest, not the middle anymore" Taki said. "If we're at the edge that means the resort is far away, but getting to the streets is near" I said. "How do you know for sure?" Taki asks. "We have to try to know" I said. "How about we make a help signal so that the others can find us easier?" Taki asks. "Like what?" I ask as Taki smiled. 

"Seriously? You're going to make a bow arrow" I said, sitting on the rock watching Taki collect tools to make the bow. "First I am going to make a supporter for your arm then the bow arrow" Taki said. "Where did you learned how to make all this?" I asks. "Self experience" Taki said. "Liar" I said in a friendly teasing way. "I'll prove it to you" Taki said, smiling.