Seven

Love Arrow

Next day at school

"How was school duty?" Taki asks as we head to our class. "Fun" I said sarcastically. "Seriously, how was it?" Taki said. "Horrible" I answered. "Why?" Taki kept asking me a few question. "Just be quiet, Taki. I don't want to hear anything about him" I finally said making Taki go mute. "Morning, sunshine" Kurai said smiling walking to us as I walk pass him. "Hello?" Kurai said as I stopped so did Taki. "I am not a sunshine" I said. "I'm just trying to lighten up your mood" Kurai smiles. I rolled my eyes ignoring him as I walked away. "Hikari" Kanna said in front of me. I glance up sighing as we both stop in front of each other. Taki slowly steps back to give us space, stood next to Kurai who was behind me. "What do you want?" I ask. "I am not here to talk with you" Kanna said. "Then who?" I ask a little curious. "Taki-chan" Kanna said looks behind me to Taki. "What?" Taki said surprise in a bad way. "Yes you, Taki. I want to have a few words with you" Kanna said. "Cool" I said left as Kurai pats Taki on the shoulder to chase after me. 

I was about to enter the classroom until Kurai pulled me to the side wall saying, "Are you okay?" "Of course I am. Why would I be downed just because he asked to speak with Taki?" I said. "Are you really sure?" Kurai asks. "I am FINE. What is with the asking today?" I said crossed my arms in front of my chest. "You seriously don't care if Taki is with Kanna alone?" Kurai suddenly mentioned that. "I don't care" I said with no hesitation. Kurai stares at me deeply, observing my expression and body language. I rolled my eyes again as I left, sick of Kurai's weird questions. 

During lunch

Taki talked non-stop about what Kanna was talking to her. I sat there, bored to death as I ate. "Can you drop the conversation because Kanna and your whatever moment, I don't care about it" I said. "You don't?" Taki asks. "I don't" I answered stuff rice in my mouth. "You don't like him anymore?" Taki continues to ask. I sigh loudly as I replied, "I DON'T LIKE HIM" "Then who do you like?" Taki asks. "No one but myself" I answered. "Cheap answer" Taki mumbles starting to eat. 

Kurai sat on the bench staring at the ground with no movement as he thought about what Kanna had ask a weird question. 

"What is your relationship with Hikari-chan?" Kanna ask. "We're acquaintance" Kurai answers. "Do you like her?" Kanna asks. (Flashback fades) 

"Hey, what's wrong?" One of the classmate asked Kurai. He glance up saying, "I'm fine" as he forced a smile. I turn my head to look at Kurai who is weirdly not himself today. "What is with him now?" I thought. "Hikari-San!  A guy named Kanna is looking for you" one of the classmate said making me and Kurai glance to the doorway. "Seriously" I thought walking to the door. "If you are here to talk with Taki, for your information this isn't her class hour" I said. "I am here to talk with you" Kanna said. "Make it quick" I replied. "What are your feelings for me?" He started. I scoff as if he was joking, "Hatred" I answered. "Good, move on and like Kurai" he suddenly said making me puzzled. "What does our relationship have to do with Kurai?" I ask. "It is obvious that he likes you, but denies it. As for me, that one little spot (love) disappeared, right?" Kanna said. I froze and thought for a bit about the moments of me meeting Kurai on his first day at the school. His accent that makes me unable to understand him, but now it is more clear mainly because I have gotten used to it.  Another moment flashed into my mind, he behind me when I was vulnerable leading my hands to be able to shoot due to my lack of concentration. The memories appeared as multiple scene in my head to when he was always there for me and me always hurting him due to my anger. I glance into Kanna's eyes didn't realize that he was done talking. "Okay?" He asks. "Okay?" I said confused. "Hate me, but don't be blind by my lies and think that other guys will be the same because they are not" Kanna said. "Thanks, you may go" I said turn to head back into my training. "What is with him? Why I did suddenly thought of Kurai?" I thought grabbing the bow of mine. 

"What did he say?" Kurai said strangely behind and scared me. "What?" I said, jerk away. "Your bow line is loose" Kurai said, changing the subject. "Oh, damn!" I said, panic and looked closely at the string. "Here, give me" Kurai grabbed it to tighten the line. "Will that work?" I ask. "For now it will, but I suggest to get a pro to fix it or buy a new one" Kurai said done fixing. "Thanks" I grab it away from him. 

Days later

"Kurai! Go stop Hikari!" yelled Taki from the balcony. "Why?" Kurai ask. "She is quitting the position as the head leader for encore!" Taki replied loudly as Kurai automatically ran to the archery room. 

"Thanks" I said bowing just when Kurai enters. "Perfect timing" Sensei said, smiling. "Did you really quit as head leader?" Kurai asks. "Of course" I said with a smile. "I was your motivation to get head leader position, but now you are giving up like that?" Kurai said. "Yup" I said continue to smile. Kurai glance away avoiding eye contact with me. "Now, let's go eat" I said, drag him out. "Have fun!" Sensei said. 

I stretched as we were outside sitting under the big tree's shade. "Why are you so downed?" I asks poke his cheek as he glares to me. "You are upset with me?" I said. He nods but said, "Do whatever you like. It's your choice anyway" "That's more like it" I forced a smile.  "Hello" Kanna said, joined us. "Why are you here?" I ask. "Well, Taki asked me to" Kanna said as soon as Taki came over. I rolled my eyes as I played with my food before I ate. "Hikari!" Ishi shouts running over to me. "I thought non-student can't enter the school grounds freely" Taki said, sat next to me. "He is your finance" Taki adds. "Shut up" I demand as Ishi sat next to Kurai. "What made you came here?" I ask. "Your father wanted to me inform that don't come home late because there is been a lot of kidnapping of girl in their teens to be sell as es" Ishi said, snatch Kurai's food since Kurai haven't even touched his food. "Thanks, but I will be fine" I said smiling sarcastically. "Oh, also. Around this week my dad and your's is going to be talking about the marriage" Ishi said. "Marriage? A forced one, huh? How nice" I said not surprised. "Are you unhappy?" Ishi asks. "Of course! Who wants to marry you because I don't" I said harshly. Ishi glance away to Taki, looking for help. "H-Hikari. How about giving a chance to accept him?" Taki said as she stuttered. "Definitely not" I said as this girl randomly came up to us. 

"Kurai-kun, please go out with me" she said with her head down and arms stretched out, handing a card to him. "Wow" Kanna, Taki, and Ishi all gasp with amazement. There was a long pause of awkwardness. "Go ahead and accept, Kurai" I suggested. "Sure" Kurai said smiling at the girl. "Thanks!" She said as she blushed, quickly stuff the letter in his hand and ran. "Isn't she cute?" Kanna said, looked at me weirdly. I glance away from him saying, "Of course. Young girls like her are always cute" I said figured out that she is younger than me because of her uniform. "Read it to us" Ishi said. "No thank you" Kurai said, stood up leaving to enjoy the letter all to himself. I watched him leave feeling a little..jealous?


"Hey hey. You haven't forgotten about Hikari, right?" Taki said walking with Kurai to go meet Chika, his girlfriend. "Of course I remember. She is dropping out of head leader position. It is her choice whether she wants the position or not, I can't be a help" Kurai replies. "But you can convince her not to" Taki said. "I will have to think about it" Kurai said smiling as Chika walks towards him. "And I will leave you too alone" Taki said smiling as she left to go meet me at the cafe.