Six

Love Arrow

"Hikari" Taki said, rushed over to me crying. "What's wrong? What happened?" I ask, pat her back. "I got rejected by Kanna" Taki said, as all her other friends surround her, trying to make her feel better. "It's okay. At least you had the guts to face your emotions. He is just heartless and he will be on my hate list" I said as Taki looked up. She smiled as I hand her a chocolate to make her stop crying. "You're the best, Hikari!" Taki said with a big smile. "Peace is the best" I thought. 

During gym 
"Is Hikari behind?" Sayu asks. "Nope, she is ahead!" Taki said. 

I stopped finished my laps as I kept huffing from the running. "Are you okay?" I ask the guy who sat on the stairs. "Yeah, what do you want?" He asks as I approached him. "You look familiar," I observed his face. I flash back to when I was buying some chocolate, he helped me buy mine because the lady couldn't hear me ordering mine due to the crowd. "Oh! It is you! The one who helped me buy chocolate" I said with a smile. "Thank you for helping me" I add. "No need to" he said. "Do you happen to like chocolate too especially Cacao?" I asks. "Yes I do" he answer. "Same!" I said. "Don't tell me you like everything such as Cacao, running, and being happy" he said. "I get that often about being happy. I also love archery" I said with a big smile. "Do you have anything you hate?" He asks. "Of course I do! I hate three things. Liars, fights, and Kanna" I answer, at the same time he sneezed. "Here" I hand him my handkerchief. "Thanks" he said grab the handkerchief. "Hikari! Time to go in" Sensei shouts as I turn to Sensei nodding. I glance back to him saying, "Get better.., Yui-kun" I said, leaving. "Yui?" He said looked confused. I touch my left shoulder chest as he glance to his jacket that read 'Yui' on it. 
"Feeling better?" Yui walks to Kanna. "Yeah, you can have your jacket back" Kanna said, took off the jacket to give it to Yui.

Next day at school 


I was at my usual spot for science, sitting under the shade of the biggest tree, recording my observations of nature. "Hey" Kanna walks over to me. "Hello, Yui-kun" I smiled as he sat next to me. "Here, your handkerchief. I even washed it clean" he said with a smile. "You didn't have to" I said. "It's not a big deal" he continues to smile more. "So um...can we meet after school today in the science rehab room? I have something I want to show you" he asks. "Sure" I said with a weird and uncertain expression. "See you then" he said, stood up to leave before his and my teacher catches us off task. 

Later 

"Hikari, want to go somewhere before heading home?" Taki asks. "No, I have a place I need to go" I said, leaving them as they all didn't mind me leaving. 

I enter the room, filled with stacked chairs and desk. "Come over here" he said from behind, startled me since he came so quiet. He lead me into the room closing the door behind. "Our secret base" he said, crawled under the desks into the area of where the desk surround us. "Wow, this is really a good hiding spot" I said amazed how the desks and chairs were stacked nicely to make a square like base with nothing filled inside the square. "Here, Cacao" he opens his bag. "Thanks" I said, grab a few. 

"To be honest, I wasn't expecting you to come" Kanna said. "How come?" I asks. "I don't know. I just had that feeling" he answers. "Well here I am. Ta-da" I said trying to lighten up the atmosphere. He chuckles and then gives a straight face. "If I remember right, you told me you liked archery?" He said turned to me with a sudden smile. "Yes?" "I bought an archery galley book of famous archer" he grabs the book out of his bag. "You didn't have to" I said, as he moved closer to me opening the book. "Wow" I was stunned on how nice the photos were taken. "This is gorgeous" I said with a bright smile. "Yeah, it is" he said half-heartily. 

"Look, this is a funny pose" I pointed at the picture and then imitated the pose. "Does it match?" I asks. He glance to me laughing, "Perfectly" "Then how about this?" I tried to imitate another pose. He continued to laugh, enjoyed my silliness. 

Days passed as we kept talking to each other at school, texting, and secretly meeting after school. 

One week later
"Hold on! I gotta go" I said hurriedly to pack my things to leave. "Hikari! Hold on! Your phone" Taki said as my phone beeps. "Oh! Message from Yui-kun?" Taki said, flips the phone open. "So this is why she has been not with us. She is secretly dating, silly her" Taki said. "We should go sneak up on her to see how hot this guy is" her friend said. 

"Yui-kun" I said, enter the room. "Hello" he smiled sitting in the base area already as I crawled in. "Something's different" I said, sniffing. "Like what?" He asks. "The smell of you" I said, sat next to him. "My scent?" He said a little confused. "I smell chocolate!" I said, tickle him on his sides as he laugh nonstop. "Quit it" he said as he laughed. "No, I want chocolate" I said, attacking him. "Quit it" he said, as he grabs my wrist, the weigh of his made me fell backwards on my back. Our eyes met, the sliver-blue eyes of his penetrate mine. I couldn't help it, but felt my face rushed up hot. "Your face..." He said. "Sorry" I said, trying to get up while he back away. "Sorry, I didn't bring any chocolate" he said. "It's fine" I said. "Oh! I heard from-" He suddenly hugs me. "What-"I was about to say, but somehow words wouldn't come out. "Hikari, what if I am not who you think I am? If you do think that way, all I am going to say is that I'm serious with you" Kanna said, traces his lips on my ear gently. I burry my face with his shoulders, blushing. 

Taki saw us from the window outside in the hallway along with her friend. Taki blasted off running, having hatred in her. 

Next day at school

I enter the classroom as I approached my seat greeting Taki, but she shrug and moved two seats away from me. "Hello, Taki?" I said waving to her as her friends said, "A hypocrite like you still have the guts to talk with Taki? You stole her boyfriend behind her back" one of the girl said. "What?" I said, confused. "Yes! How dare you steal the guy who I like, Hikari?! You're a cunning friend" Taki said, turn her head away. "Hold on! Yui-kun isn't Kanna. I don't get what you're saying" I said. "Liar! Just get lost" Taki said without looking at me as I slump into my seat. 

Before the last bell I ran to the classroom that he told me he had for the first hour. "Kanna! Someone is looking for you" said one of the student. Kanna turns his head from his spot, eyes widen shock to see me standing by the door. I ran off as he chased after me shouting my name. "Hikari!" He grabs my arm as I turn swinging a slap to his face. "You know that I hate liars, but why did you lie to me?!" I shout. "You said you hated Kanna when we met each other and assumed me as Yui by the way" he said, avoiding eye contact with me. "Lying makes you a worser person, Kanna" I said, leaving. 

In Homeroom

"Taki, let's have lunch together" the girls said approach her as they all walk passed me. I glance back to them then back to the front feeling a little hurt.  I sigh open my lunch box as I tried to eat without feeling worried. 

Next Day at school during track-running as our warmup.  "What's wrong?" Yui asks Kanna as they were running. Kanna glance back spot me running near them. "Go ahead without me" Kanna said, turns to run towards me. I slowly stopped as I saw Kanna jog my way. "Hikari" he said, facing me as he stop. "What do you want?" I ask, look away. He bowed as he spoke, "I'm sorry for lying to you, pretending to be someone I am not" My eyes expand can't believe that he can apologize. "Forgiven" I said. "He did lied to her" Taki's friends whispers to each other. 

During lunch

"Hikari" Taki said sitting next to me. I look at her weirdly. "Sorry! I didn't trust you that he did lied to you" Taki said feeling bad. "It's okay. Friendship is always better than romance" I said with a smile. "Hikari you are the best!" Taki hugs me tightly as I forced a smile. 

Later
"I wonder why Kanna would lie to you to pretend to be Yui" Taki said walking with me to the bus stop. "I don't care anymore, Taki. You know how I hate liars" I said. "But Hikari," she stops as I had to stop too, "I am not hurt actually. I have been talking with a guy lately after my confession for Kanna. If you want to still be in a relationship with him, I have no say in it" Taki said. "Fool, who would like him" I said, continue to walk.

 

"After since that day, rumors were spread that I was the bad one for making Kanna apologize to me" I said, sighing.