Four

Love Arrow

Kurai and Ishi continued into the forest as Ishi stopped to take a rest. "Aren't you tired?" Ishi asks Kurai. "Not really" he answers siting on the rock. "Water?" Ishi asks Kurai as he took the offer. "It's impossible to find them in a big forest like this and with the heat" Ishi said closes the cap of the water bottle. "Look" Kurai said points at the arrow that shot up in the air then flew back down. "It's probably Hikari's signal as help" Ishi said as they nod to go to the spot of where they saw the arrow. 

"What kind of arrow is this?" I ask grab hold onto the arrow. "Worse arrow made my Taki" I teased. "It's a rough arrow for help, not to admire" Taki said, slanging off the arrows into the air. "Nice though. You created a big bow for me" I said smiled. "Yeah, tell me about it. Using the tree log and having its personal carved hole, perfect for the arrow to settle in. Swoosh! I jump on the log, arrow shoots up" Taki explained with a dramatic voice. I laughed as I spoke,"You should make me a personal bow for my 17th birthday" "You have your own bow that costed over 100 dollars" Taki said. "It's not special though" I said pouting my lips. "Quit acting cute, Hikari. You're lucky you're broken armed or I would have punched you" Taki said. "You can still punch me, just not in the face or arm" I joked. Taki chuckles as she prepared the last arrow. "Let me" I said stood up to help her. "This is for our friendship! Let it reach heaven!" I yelled stomp on he log.

"Woah!" Ishi ducks down. "Nice shot, Hikari" Taki laughs. "Angle must've been measured wrong" I said, not feeling sorry. Kurai steps out behind from Ishi as I was sort of shock that he would come along to find us. "I wasn't expecting you to be finding us" I said. "The arrow" Kurai said. "It was my idea" Taki said. "Huh? I thought it was Hikari's, but I guess I was wrong on that" Kurai said. "Know the way back?" I asks. "Of course" Ishi said lead the way as I walked first followed by Taki and lastly Kurai. 

"Thank god they found you" teachers rushed over, worried sick. "Sorry" I said bowed down. "Go get rest and clean up" one of the teacher said. We both nod as  Taki walks over to Ame. I stopped waited to see what would happen. 

"What is she doing?" Ishi asks, behind while Kurai was beside me. "Doing what she should have done" I said, proud of her. "Aki" Ame said, smiling. "Ame" Taki said, then swung a slap on his face. "Wow" Ishi said, amazed. "I should have slapped you earlier" Taki said. "What?" Ame said. "Back off " Seriu came towards Ame holding his hand. "Go ahead and take my waste" Taki said. Seriu swung her hand, but Taki grasp her wrist. "Oh yeah, I forgot. Clean him up first before you want to use him" Taki said with a smirk. "Ame! Look at her making fun of me" Seriu said yanked her hand away. "You started it yourself so solve it" Ame said left. "Ame!" Seriu said as Taki stood there giggling. Seriu groaned annoyed by Ame and Taki as she stomped her way out. 

"Now that is the Taki who is unlike her!" Ishi said dropped his amazed voice. "Idiot, Ishi" Taki said as we all walked to her. "He deserved a beating anyway" Ishi said, ruffled Taki's hair weirdly. She froze there thinking to herself, but then gradually smiled along with Ishi.

"I thought this was an all student vacation, but how come you're here?" Taki asks suddenly realized. I stared at Ishi including Kurai. "Uh...didn't I tell you already?" Ishi asks. We all shook our heads getting ready to chase him down. "Crap" Ishi said blasted off running as Taki and I chased him down. Kurai watched us run all over the property fields laughing softly at our sweet friendship. 

Days later and back at school

"What a boring trip we had at the resorts" Taki said slump in her chair as the students waited for the teacher. "Agree" I said with a sigh. "There was no prize for us. The teachers lied" Taki pointed out. "Yup and sadly I have to case my other arm" I said referring to Ishi. Taki thought about when we were chasing Ishi in the resort house as I tripped breaking my other arm. 

Taki gives out a chuckle covering . I glared at her as she stopped. "Sorry" Taki said nods as her agreement to not laugh. "I am seriously sick of having two broken arms in different time" I said. "Luckily it's not your right so that you can take notes without needing help" Taki said. I rolled my eyes saying," I have skipped so many lessons for archery. If I keep getting excused I will be behind!" "Okay, gotcha. No need to raise your voice" Taki said as Kurai walked into the classroom weirdly. I give him the ugly glared with my eyes as he ignored me expected me to look at him anyway. "Everyone in their seats" Teacher said walked in closing the door. 

"Everyone stand and greet" I said stood up bowing as the others followed. "You may sit" Teacher said. "Since it's a new term, we will be adding and taking away students to different level of classes. Welcome Kurai Kizuato to Advance English" teacher said as students didn't clap. I smirked as I clapped awkwardly making everyone glance my way even Kurai. "Welcome to the class, Dorei" I said as he smiled at me, but it was a smiled that meant 'yeah whatever. Quit your fake sincerity'. "Kurai, take the seat behind Hikari" teacher said as I stopped my clapping and smirk to a jaw dropping motion. Kurai nods walking over to his seat. 

Between classes

"Hey" I smack my book on his head. He glance up still packing up his books. "Want to study?" I ask making him crinkle his face. "Don't worry, it's a group study" I add as he nods looking away to finish packing. "Going or not?" I ask. "If you give me the reason why" Kurai said zipped his bag closed. "Take it as my apology for hitting you and a thank you for finding me and Taki" I said. Kurai scoffs stood up. "Hey! It's not just a study, but a little party for you and Ishi" I said trying to make him agree to come while I stood up. He stops and wave his hand. "It'll be at the riverside near Taki's house" I said as he left expecting him to come. 

Later after school we all met up by the riverside under the picnic house. "Wow, who made this?" Ishi asks looking at the deserts with amazement. "I did" Taki said, carrying over the drinks. "Awesome" Ishi said, smiling as he helped Taki bring over the food and drinks. "Where is that Dorei of your's?" Taki asks walked passed me who was sitting on the big rock by the parking lot. "I don't know and wouldn't care if he did come" I said decided to help out too. "Sure" Taki said in a teasing voice. 

"What's with you and Kurai? I thought he was your component for archery" Ishi said carrying over the box full of homemade food. I stopped and thought for a moment. 

"Yes. My component, the only one who I am not able to beat in archery. The one who decided to lose for no reason and give an excuse. I gained my head leader position, but that doesn't mean I am the best role model for encore to be following. And him? My Dorei. That doesn't make any sense" 

"What are you doing, standing there daydreaming?" Ishi asks came back. "Oh yeah, hasn't two weeks passed already? He's not your slave anymore, right?" Taki asks. I froze there unable to think right or give an answer. "Ah" I said when I got nudged by someone. "What was that for?" I asks turn to him. "For being in the way of carrying stuff to the picnic house" Kurai said, push me away slightly to reach the plates and plastic silverware. I stood there as if glued to the ground unable to think why I feel a little..sad? 
"Hurry up slow-poke" Kurai calls over as I walked over like the usual me. 

"Let's celebrate!" Ishi shook the bottle of sweet alcohol that isn't strong enough to get us drunk. "This is to us! Our friend-emy and a wishful hope!" Taki bottle up the cup as we all did the same. "A wishful hope?" I asks. "Hikari, don't pretend like you don't understand what I am saying" Taki said smiling. I smiled back wondering why Taki is behaving this way. 

"This is so delicious!" Ishi said, enjoying the sweetness of the fruit cake. "Cake?" Kurai asks hand me his slice. "I don't like sweets" I answered as he nod looking away. "I thought you were not coming" I said making him turn to me. "I didn't give you an answer whether I was coming or not" Kurai said. "But I was expecting you to come" I said. Kurai stopped eating and angle his head to me making contact. Suddenly our breathing matched and eyes weren't able to pull away. "Any refill?" Taki shouts. I snapped out, glance away pretending to cough. "No thanks" Kurai answers. 

"Who wants to go swim?" Ishi asks slip off his shirt. "Me!" Taki shouts. "Come on, Hikari" Ishi said grab my hand as Kurai glance over to us. "No thanks" I refused. "Come on" Ishi pulls me up, dragged me. 

Splash! "Wow, perfect temperature for swimming" Ishi said, duck his head down into the water as I sat near the edge because I didn't bring my swimsuit.  "This is perfect!" Taki said joined Ishi. 

Kurai threw his plate into the trash as he heard a ringtone playing. He glances around for the cellphone and notice that I had left my cell on the table. He hesitates to answer the phone, but eventually answered the call. "Hello?" Kurai answers. 

"Want to join us?" I ask walking towards Kurai who just slipped his phone in his pocket. "N-no thanks" Kurai replied stuttered. "Who called?" I asks grabbing a drink. "Parents" Kurai said, forced a smile. "Oh" I said leaving. He watched me leave, frowning as he exhale softly. 

We stayed by the riverside for at least 1 hour until..

"It's raining!" I screamed as I pack the drinks, rushing to the house for shelter. "Gotta be kidding me" Ishi said grab hold Taki's hand as they rush over. "I can't believe the rain spoiled our time" Ishi said, panting so was Taki. "Towel" I threw them both their towels. "Hikari" Kurai said as I glance to him. "Yes?" I asks. "Can I have a sec with you?" Kurai said as I glance back to Taki and Ishi and nod as a yes. 

We stood outside the picnic house 100 yards away under an umbrella. "What did you need to tell me?" I asks. "Um, here"  Kurai hands me my cellphone. "Why do you have my cellphone?" I asks. "I suggest calling your dad" Kurai said. I grab my cell and automatically dialed my dad's number. After a few minutes I dropped my phone and stared at him with teary eyes. I turned back, walked slowly towards the house then speed walk rushing to grab my keys. "What's-" Taki about to asks but I ran off to my car. "Hikari!" Ishi shouts. "What happened, Kurai?" Taki asks. "Her dad's business had been shut down" Kurai answers. "I gotta get home then" Ishi said, grab his keys and ran to his car. "What-" Taki was about to shout but decided not to. "Let's pack up here first" Kurai said, helped out. 

"Father! Father!" I rushed into the house dripping wet as I entered the living room that are full of men. "What's going on?" I asks, glance at everyone and lastly to my dad. "Father, say something" I said. "Sorry dear" my father said avoided eye contact. "What? What is that suppose to mean?" I asks, walked over to him as the men pulls me back. "Let go of me!" I demanded. "Want to know what happened? Here" one of the guy said, hand me a paper as I yanked my arms away from the men to grab the paper. I read the paper carefully as my jaw drops down gradually. "Fake! How can my dad draw out 3 billion out of the company when he's the owner?! You guys are accusing my dad! This isn't reasonable" I said. "It is reasonable. As the owner he used the company's money to use for something else without telling. Even though he may be the owner, but the money was from the bank too" the guy said. "Take him" he added. "Where are you guys taking him!?" I asks as they drag my dad out. "Don't let her follow us" the guy order as two guys held me back. "Father! Father!" I shout getting pulled back. "Hikari, go get help from Mr. Ganseki!" My father's voice echo in the house as they all left including the men who held me. "Mr. Ganseki?" I said, can't comprehend why I need to get his help. 

I rushed into my father's work room and ruffle through all the paperworks of the company. "Money" I flip the page and looked at the accounting. "Hold on" I said, notice something was off. "My dad is innocent!" I said, dialed my dad's accountancy. 

Days later after I contacted all the workers for my dad. "Taki, something is not right" I said on the phone. "What do you mean?" Taki asks. "The accountancy recorded that two days ago an employee took out cash for the current project, but took out 20 more dollars in case which is reasonable because on the company's ruled of taking money out, when doing a project that needs money we can take out 20 dollars more. However at the same day when 3 billion was taken out, there was no one doing projects beside Mr. Yuu" I said flipping through the papers to make sure I am saying the right things. "So you're saying?" Taki said. "My dad was accused and I am going to find the person who stole the money" I said. "Good luck on that. I believe that you can do it" Taki said. "Thanks" I said, searching the papers. "Hey, do you think I can get in my dad's company to look at the cameras?" I asks. "I doubt it because police might have took them" Taki said. "I am going to sneak in the company tonight" I said. "Are you crazy?!" Taki said. "No I am not. I need my dad to be innocent and take in the right person to be punished" I said, found something else. "Hey, I'll call you later" I said, hung up as I heard footsteps coming in. "Who is it?" I asks. 

"It's me. Your maid let me in" Kurai said. "Why are you here?" I asks, scan the paper. "To help out" Kurai said. "Please" I said sarcastically. Kurai walks over and pull one of the paper reading. "How are you holding up?" Kurai asks. "It's not like my father died, idiot" I said. "Seriously, how are you holding up?" Kurai asks. "Perfectly fine" I lied. "Cool" Kurai said set the paper down. "How did you know where I lived?" I asks. "Taki told me your address" Kurai said, smiled. I continued my paper searching in case I missed out on any important information. 

Later at night I sneaked into the camera room of the company along with Kurai who decided to followed me. I started the computers up as we accessed the videos of the last days. "The money was discovered gone around noon so that means the money was either token out in the morning or at night of the day before" I said, watching carefully in each video. 

We watched video by video for at least 3 hours as I started to get tired. "You can go to sleep if you're tired" Kurai said. "No need" I said, forcing myself to stay up. Without realizing I fell asleep. "Hey" Kurai said, pay my back softly to wake me up. He stood up about to shook me but then drop his hands to the side. He turned to look at the clock that read 3:48 am then back to me. He left the room to go look for a blanket. I groan as he lays the blanket on me quietly. He smiled warmly, going back to his seat he found something that I would wanted to see. 

My head slipped off my arm making me wake up. "Kurai?" I said looked around and didn't see him in the room. "Huh?" I said notice a note on a tape. I grab the video and tape reading it, 

"Sleepyhead! I found it first so that means you owe me something good. Go and save your dad
-Kurai"

I chuckle as I quickly played the video. "What? This isn't true" I said shock. I rushed out the building as police shouts at me. I didn't stop and ran to get inside my car, drove off. "This was all planned out. My dad lied to me" I thought going to Mr. Ganseki's house. 

"You liar! Show yourself father!" I yelled outside their house since the maids won't let me in. "Hikari!" Ishi said order the maids to let me in. I rushed in shove Ishi out of the way and found Mr. Ganseki and my dad playing chess. "Hikari" my dad said shock. I walked up to my dad and slapped him. "That's for lying to me and wanting me to marry Ishi. You thought that if our company suffered I would come begging to get married to Ishi in order to save you! Dream on! You're my dad, I thought you knew what I wanted, but in the end you never knew. I hate you father!" I shout left. 

"Hikari!" Ishi chased me. "Listen to me" Ishi grabs my hand. "Let me go" I said in a serious voice. "You're dad really wanted you to be happy, but it was my dad who kept peer pressuring him" Ishi said. "You and you're low dad, tell him to go dig his own grave because I don't want to fall in with him or you!" I said, shove him away leaving. "Also, my dad can fall in with him" I add forcing a smile as I entered my car. 

"I was wrong" my dad said. "No you weren't. All you wanted was your wish to fulfilled, but she didn't do it. She broke your final wishes" Mr. Ganseki said. "Think about it. She didn't even bother to get help to release you from the jail" he adds. My dad sat there speechless. 

"Ugh, what a jerk" I said, hitting the steering wheel as I drove. My phone rang as I glanced down to the cup holder where my cell was. "What?" I said answered Taki's call. "How come you're not at school?" Taki asks. "I'll come later" I said. "Are you okay?" Taki asks. "Yes" I lied. "See you then" Taki said, hung up. 

At school during archery practice. I stood on the standing mark watching the target move side to side. The video that I saw suddenly came into my mind,

"Let's pretend that you're getting jailed for using other's money and she'll come begging for me to get help in order to get you out. We will make a deal of marriage and dad releasing and then you'll get your wish" Mr. Ganseki said. 

I stopped thinking about the video as I focused on the target. Swoosh! I let go of the string. "You're lacking skills, Head Leader" Kurai walks over. I didn't answer him as I grab another arrow. "It was a joke" Kurai said stood in front of me. I glance away don't care what he said. "Hey, stand still. You seriously lost your skill" Kurai said, supported my arms with his. He stood behind me, arms supporting mine from beneath. "Focus, Hikari. Aim for the person as if it's over there. Imagine the face, shoot him down" Kurai whispered in my ear as I inhale and exhale nervously. "Let go of the tension, easy on yourself Hikari" Kurai said. Swoosh! "Perfect. Now that's the Hikari I knew" Kurai said. I step away from him. "Why are you doing this?" I asks. "What do you mean?" Kurai said. "Teasing me, supporting me, encouraging me, caring for me, and pretending to be someone who knows me" I said. He stood there didn't really understand what I was saying.  "Screw you!" I raised my voice leaving to go away from him. 

During lunch
"You're annoyed" Taki said. "Yes I am" I retort not enjoying my food. "Want to tell me why?" Taki said. "My father lied about his business and wanted me to get help from Mr. Ganseki but actually to get married. In general, they lied to me to get me to marry Ishi" I said. "Oh. Did he agree?" Taki asks. " I don't know and I don't care because I don't want to marry him" I said. "Fudge! This oatmeal taste horrible!" I spit out the food. "Nothing is going right! Ugh!" I groaned stood up to leave. "Where are you going?" Taki asks. "To make something right!" I shout. 

In the archery room

I unlock my archery case taking my bow out. "Dad! This is so cool! Thanks for buying the bow" I thought about when I was little. I exhale quietly, rub my fingers on the carving I made on the bow. "You're lacking skills" I thought of what Kurai said and visualizing him helping me earlier. I turned automatically and strike all my arrows to the target without breaks in between. I sigh observing my hits on the target. "Beautiful" Kurai said, enter the room with his archery box. 

I ignored him, don't feel like talking or making contact with him. "Want to eat my lunch?" Kurai asks. "No thanks" I said, walks over to the target to pull out my arrows. "Share with me?" Kurai asks. I pulled out all my arrows at the same time irritated by Kurai. "Quit your kindness! I am sick of it!" I yelled approach him. He stood there waiting for me to explode more. "You're starting to sound like Ishi! I am already sick of one Ishi. No need for you to keep reminding me of Ishi and his lowly dad!" I said raised my voice and threw the arrows on the ground. 

He quickly stuffs food in my mouth when I was about to continue screaming at him. "Ah" I said, chewing as he stuff another food in. "Quit it" I said. "Yummie?" Kurai asks. I was about to yell but he gives me the no yelling look. I nod quietly. "Eat more then" Kurai hands me one of the lunch box and chopstick. "I am being kind to you is because I am serious. I don't need you to be all worry that I am being a hypocrite. I've seen you behaved and the inside of you isn't as strong as you pretend to be. No need to be strong when you're not. Cry when you're sad. Be angry when you are annoyed. When hurt or in pain, ask for help. Don't bottle everything up until you start hurting the one you love the most" Kurai said, in a calm voice feeding me. "Idiot" I slighting punch him on the shoulder chest. "Cry when you have to. I will always be here for you to cry on" Kurai said. I turned away when he was about to feed me food. I sniff and tried to not let my tears come. He pats my back gently as I automatically turned and embraced him, sobbing. "It's okay" Kurai said, pats my head as he wraps one of his arm around me. "I told myself not to cry and I end up crying, ugh" I said, sniffing. "It's okay,  Ari" Kurai said. "Ari?" I said. "Quiet" Kurai said. I sniff obeying him for now. 

Hours later we both skipped class

"Feeling better?" Kurai asks, hand me napkins for me to wipe my face and eyes. I nod not answering. "Want to go back to class?" Kurai asks as I shook my head. "Okay" Kurai pats my head. I slap his hand away. "I am not a kid so don't treat me like one!" I retort. "Now that's the spirit of Hikari" Kurai smiles, naturally. I smiled along glad that he stayed and watched me cry on him. "Sorry, I made a mess on your shirt" I wipe his drenched shirt on the shoulder since that was the only spot wet the most. "It's fine," Kurai said, "Now go show me your skills" Kurai said. "Why?" I ask, puzzled. "Just go" he pushes me slightly to get me to stand up. 

I sigh as I got my bow ready. He also grabbed his bow stand next to me. "Let's see who hits the most accurate" Kurai said, pulled the string back. "Are you still my slave? I ask, let go of the string shot the middle. "Of course" Kurai said with a smiled let go of the string shot the middle too. "I don't want you to be my slave" I said. "How come?" Kurai asks. "As head leader, I'll assign you the new head leader" I said. "What? Why?" Kurai asks, face me. "Do you want to take the position or not?" I asks. "Of course not when you were so motivated to get it back" Kurai said. "I don't want to be head leader anymore. I am not a good archer for the students to be taking as role model" I said. "Idiot," he pokes my head, "No one is as good as you" "You are" I pointed out. "Oh yeah! I am better than you" he teased. "Dorei!" I retort pretending to be offended. "Sorry!" Kurai quickly said. "Idiot, I was just joking. I am not angry" I said.