Eight

Love Arrow

Sweet Cafe

"What took you so long?" I ask, impatient. "Sorry, I was busy sending a new couple to heaven" Taki joked as I laughed it off sarcastically. "Whatever, but have seat" I said calling over the waiter. "The usual dish, miss?" the waiter asks. "Of course" I smiled as Taki decided to order something different. 



"I have a question, more like something to share" Taki said as we were halfway with our meal. "Go ahead" I said, wiping my mouth to pay attention to her. "Kurai asked me, us, to help him out with his new girlfriend Chika" Taki said, playing with her pasta. "Like what?" I ask. "Chika wants a double date, but no one of her friends are dating" Taki said staring at me strangely. I stared at her confused then snaps foreseeing her plan, "You want me and Ishi to go with them? Definitely a no" "Of course you and Ishi or you can bring Kanna" Taki said. I scoff, "Of course not Kanna or it will be awkward" I started to feel annoyed for no reason. Taki sighs, "I guess his date will be ruined because of us" Taki slouch in her seat. "Okay okay. I will ask Ishi, definitely not Kanna though" I said to make her feel better. 
 


The day of the date


"Oh hello" Chika said, smiling. "How come he came?" Kurai asks looking at me. "Ishi decided to bail on me to go with Taki for her community work and so he volunteer to be my 'boyfriend' for the day" I said, glared at Kanna as he smiled to me like nothin is wrong. "Nice to meet you, I am Hikari and this is Kanna" I said, decided to change the subject. "Nice to meet you" Chika said, smiled. "And no need to introduce yourself because we all know you" I said rudely. "Hey, watch your tone with her" Kurai said. I glared at him like 'what' you never said that to me before when I used the exact voice on you, but you are defending her? I am her senior, dude! She is suppose to respect me. 



I scoff looking away as I cross my arms in front of my chest. "We should spilt up first or do you guys want to stay together then split?" Kanna asks. "Stay together" Chika answers. "Then let's go ride some roller coasters" Kanna said, smiling as Kurai grabs Chika's hand walking away. I stare at them surprised that he held her hand like it was not big of a deal. "This reminds me of the old days" Kanna said walk passed me smiling. "Shut up" I said rolled my eyes following them. "Let's go in this one" Chika said, point to the one called Waves. "A water ride? No thanks" I shook my head stepping back from the line. "How come?" Chika asks. "She is not feeling well" Kanna said cut me off when I was about to speak. "Oh, then should we-" "No, go ahead and enjoy yourself" I said as Kurai looked at me with startle eyes but I didn't notice. 
 


We both sat, waiting for them to arrive from the exit. "I can't believe you remember that I hate water involving rides and pool" I said. "I also remember that you hate the ocean water, but you love hot springs" Kanna said. I chuckle as I looked around seeing people happy and most of them were couples. "Kanna, if we were really couples, would I be a good girlfriend?" I ask. "Of course not!" Kanna answers immediately. I punch him on the shoulder as he laugh saying, "You will be if you put your heart into it" "What do you mean?" I ask. "You have some negative and positive which is normal in humans. No one is a perfect girlfriend or boyfriend, but we can always fix our attitude" Kanna said. I sigh, "Maybe it is a little too late to be dating" I mumbled. "What?" Kanna asks. "I want something to snack on" I lied smiling to him. "Of course" Kanna answers with a smile to leave to buy me my favorite snack, chocolate. 
 


I sat on the bench waiting in the same place, but Kurai and Chika never came out of the ride. I started to get worry as I walked around the area searching for them. Kanna was nowhere to be found too and their cells weren't picking up. "Where could they be?" I thought, looking around leaving the spot where I sat waiting. Hours passed and it was one hour passed midday. My legs started to weaken and I was getting hungry since I was too busy looking for them I forgot to eat. 
I reached one of the tallest ride turning to my left, spotting Kurai and Chika coming out of the ride. "Dorei!" I shout, but didn't realize that I collapsed unconscious. 

 


Midnight
I woke up hearing voices from the living room. I seem to have gotten home, but how? I sneak out of my bedroom heard Taki and Kanna's voice talking about something. I went closer just enough to hear clearer. 

 


"I can't believe she didn't eat anything and forced herself to finding you too fake couple" Taki said. "She is insane like her usual self" Kanna said. "But don't you think it is kinda harsh, lying to her and asking me to help?" Chika said. "That is why she will fall for it because of your innocent and naive look" Kanna said. "I guess" Chika said, sighing. "Thanks, cousin" Kurai said. "No problem" Chika said. "Hey, what's the next plan?" Ishi asks. "Make her jealous and let her show her emotions" Taki said as they nod, but Kurai.
 


"I can't believe they are lying to me" I thought stepping back away from the room. "Why can't they be honest with me?" I continue to think as I walked back to my room quietly. 
 


Next day 

I enter the school grounds seeing Taki separate from Chika and Kurai. I exhale in a sad tone while Taki greeted me, but I ignore her continue to walk pretending that I didn't hear her. "Hikari?" Taki said. Kanna approach Taki saying, "She is pissed" Kanna said. "No, she is hurt" Taki said could read my expression. 

During archery practice

"Sensei, didn't you promise that I will not be head leader anymore?" I said. "Well no one is willing to take the position and plus they still agree to keep you as head leader" Sensei said. I sigh, "What do I have to do to be able to quit head leader position?" I ask. "I don't know, I haven't thought of one" Sensei said. I continue to sigh walking to my area of practice. Kurai watched me closely but didn't say anything.