Five

Love Arrow

Later at home

"Hikari?" my dad called heard me enter the house. "Father, I thought you were working" I said, slip off my shoes as I approach him in the living room. "How was your day?" my dad asks. "Okay, not that it can be any worse" I said, sat across from him. "I'm sorry, Hikari" my dad finally says. I stared at him waiting for more. "I'm truly sorry. I know I was wrong to be listening to my friend's order. I know what I did was foolish. Can you forgive me? Can you forgive your dad who had disappointed you?" my dad said, crying. "Dad" I said, went to him on my knees and hug him. "I am the one who should be apologizing. I acted without thinking and rudely talked to you in front of them" I said, crying along with him. "No, it's not your fault" my dad said, pats my back. "Father, I forgive you. Will you forgive me?" I asks. "Silly girl" he said. "Father, from now on, it's just you and me. When we are stress out, angry, happy, want to cry, we can come together and share the pain together. No need to involve outsiders to decide our actions" I said, wipe my tears away as my dad slowly stopped crying. "Yes, no one but us" my dad said, hugs me tighter. "I love you papa" I said, look up into his eyes and wipe the rolling tears of his. He weeps softly as he smiled, squeezing his face near mine to let our forehead touch. 

Next day at school

"Morning!" Taki greets me as I entered the building with my usual stuff. "Morning" I would usually say, but I ended saying, "What a wonderful morning to start out with" I smiled. "You seem happy today. Unlike the usual you" Taki said, walking besides me as we walked through the crowd. "I don't know why I am this way, but yes I am this way" I replied feeling energetic. The girls screamed once Kurai enters the building. We both stopped and looked behind us, the hallway covered with girls, surround Kurai as if he is an idol. 

"Well well, look who's here" Taki said, smiling. "Dorei" I answered, cross my arms in front of my chest holding on to my bags. "Oh my god! Look! It's Kanna!" The girls squeals as they ran away from Kurai to Kanna. "Looks like the prince didn't stay in his position for long" I said approach Kurai. He turns to me giving me the whatever glare as he focused himself on Kanna, the popular guy known for breaking girl's heart. "For your information, he's Kanna Fujioka. Not the best friend to be looking for" Taki said. "He's a jerk" I said, squint my eyes at Kanna. 

"Go away" Kanna said, pushed all the girls to get through. "Kanna, please accept my confession letter!" Sayu, one of the girls said, handed him a letter with her head down. "Get lost" Kanna said with lout hesitations as he shoved her. "Eah" Sayu said, trips backward falling on her as the girls that surrounded him backed off. I drop my bags and rush over to help her up. "Are you okay?" I asks as Sayu glance back notice that it was me. She nods her head, but her eyes expressed her pain. "No need to use aggression on a girl who is willing to have confident and express herself unlike some cowards that hides their emotions" I said let Sayu stand behind me. Kanna steps forward to me saying, "Emotions doesn't exist in a person like you, Hikari. The word emotions and about hiding them, don't tell me you are talking about yourself because it is foolish to call someone a coward when that is yourself" "I may be a coward, but it is because I have been disappointed in the fact that the person who I thought never lied to me, did lied to me" I said. "I never knew that a person like you can be blind by such words. You are the one lying, but think and act differently from your lies" he said. "Then what about you, huh?  Not being able to be yourself and pretend to be someone just to get close to another person!" I raised my voice. 

"Hold it off there, you two" Taki said, went between  and slightly put both of her hands on our shoulder to separate us. "Don't think about stopping me, Taki. This dude needs a lecture about what is the truth and the lies" I said. "You think you're my mother? Oh yeah, I forgot. You can't be a mother because you didn't have one to take as a role model" he said. I snap right then, shove Taki to the side and slap his face hardly on the jaw. "Go ahead! Hate me all you want because in the end, nothing will change" Kanna said. I swung my arm again slapping him on the same spot. "I hate you" I said, kept slapping him as Kurai came to interrupt. 
SLAP! "Kurai" I said, shock that he didn't dodge my slap. "Did you have enough?" Kurai asks, stare into my eyes. "Move" I shove him but he wouldn't. "Let her finish" Kanna said. "Move!" I demand, annoyed of them. 

"Hikari, Kurai, and Kanna please come to the office" announcement went on. "Hikari" Taki said, worried. 
I scoff walked the opposite directions and grabbed my bags to go to the office. 

"Why did you guys and girl had a fight?" The principal asks. "Principal, it was a misunderstanding between two friends. Nothing much to deal with, but let them decide for themselves" Kurai suggest. I glanced away don't even want to look at Kanna. "So then, since no one is willing to talk besides Kurai. Punishment will be clean the pool after school tonight. No one will be able to leave until everything is clean like how the school year started" principal said, dismissed us. 

During lunch
I groan as I sat to eat my lunch, sitting next to Taki. "I don't get why Kurai would block a jerk like him. Ugh, he makes me so angry!" I stabbed my rice with my chopsticks hardly as I ate. "Maybe he sees something that we don't" Taki said as I give her the death glare. "Look, his face is ruined" Taki said as Kurai walks towards us. "May I?" He asks as Taki nods, but I glance away. "What's with you? Protecting someone you don't know or even why" I said, finally faced him. "To protect the idiot who acts before thinking. If he had swung a punch, you would be dead" Kurai said. "Why do you need to be worry? You never cared about me anyway" I retort, can't enjoy my food anymore. "You know what. You two have fun. I am going to go give something a few hits" I add, referring to archery as I was leaving. "What's wrong with her?" Kurai asks.

After school- in pool room

"So what cleaning area do you want to do?" I ask, holding on to a broom. "Okay, no answer. I will scrub the floor, Kurai and you go pick up the swimming stuff and put them away. After you guys are done, help me scrub the floor" I said as we all left to go finish our task. Hours passed as they came to help me scrub the floor. I was standing by the corner of the deep side pool, harshly rubbing the bristles of the broom against  the dirt. Kanna walks over to help me as our broom collapse. I glared at the him trying to not let him help. "Are you guys done?" Kurai asks, finish his area as he stopped to glance over to us. "Get out of my way" I said in a calm but sharp voice. Kanna refused and still tried to get rid of the dirt with his broom's bristles. I step back adjusting my angle as I felt myself falling. "Hikari!" Kurai shouts as Kanna jumps in with me, dropping his broom. 

I gasp sharply, opening my eyes and coughed out water. "Are you okay?" Kanna asks, all wet. "Hikari" Kurai said, standing behind Kanna. I push Kanna away as I tried to sit up. "Are you an idiot!? You don't even know how to swim and yet you fall in!" Kanna raised his voice. "Why do you still care about me?" I ask raised my voice along with his. His face looked confused and puzzled as he stared into my eyes. "We should get her to the infirmary room before you two get sick" Kurai suggests helped me up. "I'm fine. You two go. I will finish the cleaning" Kanna said as Kurai took me to the infirmary room. 

I slide the curtains once I was done changing into my gym clothes. I exhale softly, putting my clothes into the dryer as Kurai stood there watching me, leaned on the table. "Want to talk about why you hate Kanna so badly that you two always argue" Kurai said. "What is there to talk about? I have long forgotten him" I said faced Kurai. "For your information, he still loves you as far as I can see" Kurai said. "Nonsense" I said, turn away from Kurai. "How long will you be hiding your emotions? It is obvious that you still have a little space of his love in your heart" Kurai said. "Don't be all a love genius on me, Kurai" I said. "I am not a love genius, but if you truly want something. Go and get it, no need to beat around the bush" Kurai said. 

"You make it sound so simple when it is not!" I retort as I turned back to Kurai telling him my story...