Two

Love Arrow

Later at home 
"Father, come and eat" I said, set the table. "You didn't have to cook, that's the chef's job" father said. "It's fine. I like cooking for you anyway" I said, sat across from my dad. "Your favorite" I said used my chopsticks and picked up tempura to pass to him. "Thanks" he smiled as he ate. "And egg drop soup" I said, pour some into a bowl for him to drink. "Delicious" he complimented. "Not as good as mother's though" I said. "It's actually better" he faked a smile though I went along with it. 

"How was school?" He ask making me think about the match with Kurai. "Uh... there's a new student in the building. He also practice archery" I said. "Maybe you can compete with him" father suggest. "Yeah" I said forcing a smile, remembering when Kurai purposely loses. 

Next day during homeroom 

"Homeroom sport and games are coming up shortly. Our homeroom needs to win in order to get the homeroom field trip to the hot spring resort. It is a free trip if we win, so let's get working out for those sport and games!" the homeroom teacher said as the class rep decides our sport/game subject base off on our skills. "Hikari will take archery and judo while Taki takes relay races of the 200 meter dash and traditional music performance" class rep said as we both nod with agreement. 

After School
I was in the judo room practicing my punches and kicks as I counted, "One! Two! Three! And four!" I spun to face the mirror. "You're doing them all wrong" a male voice said as I turned to where the voice came from. "Who are you to be telling me that I did them wrong?" I said. "I'm Ame Shizuku, used to be the head leader for judo" Ame said walking closer as I let my body slouch for comfort. 

"First thing to learn is to never oppose strength with strength. If you do that, your opponent will eventually win" Ame circles around me as I listened. "Remember that when he is on balance he is strong, but off balance he is weak, providing you have retained your own balance to take advantage of his weakness. A man is on balance, you will find, if he stands upright, and keeps his centre of gravity inside a small circle drawn round his feet. Before you execute a throw you must break his balance by getting his center of gravity outside that circle" he explained. "I suggest to learn the principles of judo before practicing the throws" Ame said leaving. 
My face cringes from curiosity as I watched him leave. 

Back at home 

"Father, I'm home" I said taking my shoes off as I heard laughter a coming from the porch. "Father, who are you talking with?" I ask approaching the noise. "Hi" Ishi said smiling at me sitting across from my dad. "Ishi," I said not surprise, "what are you doing here?" "Your father asked me to join him for dinner and talk about the business" Ishi replied. "How come I was not informed about this, father?" I said faced him. My father cleared his throat saying, "Why does it matter to you?" I stared at him for a moment couldn't believe that my dad said that. "Oh yeah, I forgot that I promised not to ask about your business issues" I said smiled turning back to Ishi. "Enjoy your time, Ishi" I add leaving. "Hikari" Ishi called my name to stop me from leaving, but I didn't. 

As I head upstairs, I pull my phone out calling Taki. "Taki, you home?" I ask walking in the hallway to my bedroom. "Nope, I am still practicing my 200 meter dash" Taki said catching her breath. "I see. My father is inviting Ishi for dinner" I said. "And?" Taki said waiting for a response. "Whatever business they are doing, my father is keeping me out of it since Ishi and him are in the project" I said. "I thought you never cared about your father's business" Taki said. "If it involves the Ganseki family then of course I'm concerned that they'll cheat on my dad" I said enter my bedroom closing the door behind. "Don't worry, Hikari. Ishi is a nice person. He is not that cruel to be taking you guys as an advantage" Taki said. I sat on my bed saying, "Who can trust Ishi? He's such a wimp" "Don't judge because on how I see it is that he's real with you" Taki said. "Please. If he does, I'll go hang myself" I said. "Okay, well I have to go. Parents are expecting me to help them with the store" Taki said. "Okay, see you tomorrow" I said hung up. 

I exhale tiredly as I heard footsteps approaching my bedroom. I sat stilly and listen for movements, but the footsteps seemed to stop in front of my door. "Dinner is ready" butler said outside of my room. "Coming!" I shout climb off my bed. 

I enter the dinning room quietly as I sat in my spot across from Ishi and next to my father who sat on the outer side. "Let's eat and no need to be shy" father said. I sigh as I grab my chopsticks to take the meat from the dish as Ishi touched the same piece as I did. He took the meat setting it on my bowl of rice. I glared at him observing him closely as he smiled. I look away continue my eating quietly. 

Days has passed and it was the homeroom sport and games competition day. "Everyone, please don't attend class and head straight to homeroom" the announcement said going on. 

"We must win,okay? Let's show them our teamwork and power!" our homeroom teacher shouts. We cheer back as an answer while teacher continued speaking, "The first game is high jumps following archery, music, poetry, and lastly judo"  

"All student participating the high jumps, please go change and stay in locker until dismissed by your coach" the intercom went on. "Good luck, Taki" I said pat on her back. She smiled at me with thankfulness. 

The students who aren't in high jump were seated on the riser watching their classmate compete. "Go Taki!" I yelled as she walks out, heading for the starting line. She jumps up and down to release the tension, warming up her body. "No worries Taki! Beat the crap of them" I yelled as she stood in position ready to run. "Ready. Set. Go!" the gunshot blasted on. Taki sprints going letting her ponytail flop back and forth. "Go Taki!" I screamed stood up.  Taki pumped her legs harshly even if she's going to be worn out. 

"A little bit more" Taki said in her mind, pushing herself faster, running pass one of the competitor. "Yes! Good job Taki!" I scream jumping up and down from happiness when she finished the line. "Woohoo~" I scream making the other homeroom glare at me with hatred. 

A few minutes passed as the next game was set. "Make sure you beat the 500 distance clearly" Taki said in the locker room with me. "Trust me. I will beat them especially Mr. Kizuato" I said with a smile as the intercom went on telling us to go out into the archery room. "Good luck" Taki said as I left. 

I walked in the room glaring at my competitor, observing how they hold their bow. My eyes met with Kurai, awkwardly, while I grabbed my bow that lay across from his. "All competitor, go to the standing point and the coach will tell when to shoot" the principal said using the microphone. "Number one may shoot" coach said as he did shot hitting the 4 point mark. Time passes as 5 of the homeroom were out. "This is the last round at 550 distance" principal said. I exhale softly as there is only me and Kurai left. "Don't play easy with me" Kurai said with a smirk as he shoots. "Perfect shot as usual" the principal said. He walks back to the sideline as it was my turn to go. "No pressure Hikari! Focus!" Taki shouts as I closed my eyes using my heart to see the target. 

The rapidness of my heart makes my body shiver a few minutes. The crowd quiet as darkness barely see them, but can hear little crickets. The target, I can hardly visualize the shade of red. I felt myself tugging the string, loosing grip. "You can do it" I heard a familiar voice echo in my head. Opening my left eye ready to shoot, I let go of the string. Swoosh! My arrow shot through Kurai's arrow breaking his into two pieces. "Awesome shot!" Ishi shouts as I thought I heard him cheer something earlier. I glanced around for him as he waved happily to me. 

Back in homeroom- Break time/lunch

"That was a awesome shot, Hikari" Taki complimented. "Thanks" I said weakly. "What is with that tone. Shouldn't you be more happy?" Taki ask. I set my chopsticks on my desk answering,"To be honest, I felt as if I lost and luck gave it away" "Are you crazy? You're the best in archery" Taki said. "Taki, someone's at the door for you" class rep said as we both glance over. "Go" I said as she stood up to leave closing the door behind her. 

Hours later and the last game was held in the gym as all the students who weren't participating were sitting on the riser.  
I sat on the bench in my judo clothing listening for my name to be called. "Hikari and Kurai may compete" the announcer said as I stood up so did Kurai. We both walked to the mat facing each other. The referee signal us as we bowed 90 degrees down then looking back up. "One. Two. Three!" The referee said as we both grasp each other's collar shirt. "You will lose to me, Mr. Kizuato" I said, trying to trip him. "We'll see about that" he said with a smirk notice something odd. He glance down to where his hand placement are as he spot something that made him blush. "Now is it!" I thought as I flipped him over. My homeroom cheered proudly as I offered my hand to Kurai to get up. He ignores my help standing up by himself as he left the mat. "What's wrong with him?" I mumbled as I head back to my seat to rest for next round. 

"Hikari and Ame may compete" announcer said as I walked over to mat doing the same procedure. "Huh?" I thought, remember him from somewhere. "Nice to meet you again" Ame said with a smiled as the game began. I grabbed hold his collar, but he slips around me going behind about to flip me. I counter attack him striking a turn around his huge body ducking under to grip his arms from behind. "It's no use, little girl. I was the one who gave you the advice so of course I know where you're attacking from" Ame said in an almost whisper. "So it's you. The leader for judo" I said, focusing on my attacks. He grasped my shoulder and flipped me over as I landed on my right arm harshly. My bone cracked loudly as I groan making Taki and my classmates run over. "Hikari, are you okay?" Taki asks scared to touch me or move my body. "I am fine. I think I broke my arm though" I said as the ambulance came to send me to the hospital. 

At the hospital as I came out of the emergency room with a case on my right arm. "How are you darling?" Father said rushed over to me. "I'm fine, just a broken arm" I said as Taki walked over to me with a worried look. "How did the game go?" I ask. "It's finished. Results will be given tomorrow" Taki said. "Also, I am so sorry. I didn't know that Ame would be competing with you" she adds. "What is that suppose to me?" I ask. "I told him to not compete because of his conditions, but I didn't know he'll still participate" Taki said not making any sense to me. "Are you and Ame going out without me knowing?" I finally ask. "Why haven't you told me?" I continue to ask more. "I told Seriu" Taki said. "Seriu? The one girl who you barely know?" I said scoff as my father quietly leaves us alone. "Why would you keep it a secret?" I ask. "I didn't want your judgement on who I should date because all you say is that 'he's not great' when you're not even me who's the one choosing" Taki said. "How could you think that will be my opinion? Am i really that shallow of a person?" I ask leaving to go away. 

As soon as we got home I slam my bedroom door frustrated with Taki not trusting me laying my body on my bed. "You have a visitor" butler said outside the door. "Tell them I don't want any visitor the moment" I answered cover my head with my pillow. "Yes" butler said leaving as I heard another footstep coming into my room. "I said no visitors!" I shout threw my teddy bear at the person. "Whoa, are you okay?" Ishi asks, caught the teddy bear. "Why are you even here?" I ask getting annoyed as I rolled over to sit up. "I came to check if you were fine" he said set the bear on the table. "I will be if you leave" I said. "Okay, fine. Don't speak with me, but good job at the games today. You did really well" Ishi said left my room. I rolled my eyes and kicked my clothes off to go take a long soothing bath.