A Little Too Late To Say Farewell (end)

Love Arrow

I never knew that light was the best thing in life. Humans were always afraid of the darkness, but always expected light to come the next day. However, light will always fade someday. 

I was on the ground as my hands lay against my burning eyes, groaning and screaming from the pain. Blood gushing down between my fingers and all I can do was scream.
"Hikari!" Kurai bends down to me holding me in his embracement. I couldn't speak; my mouth could only scream what I was feeling. "Get the ambulance!" Taki yelled still crying but harder now. Ishi didn't hesitate and ran for it so did Shizu. "Hikari, hold on" Kurai whispers in my ear while his hands lean softly on mine.

 

"Hikari, I am so sorry" Taki's voice was heard but not near me. "Hikari, please forgive me. I was a fool to attack without thinking" Ishi's voice was also heard, probably standing further from Taki's position. "Please wait here" the nurses said, pushed me into the emergency room. 

"Where is my daughter?!" Hikari's dad rushed into the hallway where the emergency room is. "Mr. Shijo, this was an accident and attempt murder from a guy named Shizu" Taki said. "Murder?! Who dares to murder my daughter?" he said. "Come over here and let me explain" Kurai said butts in pulling Hikari's dad to the corner wall. 

 

Minutes later

"Who is the miss's guardian?" The doctor asks as he came out. "Me, I am her dad" he said approach the doctor. "The good news is that she is fine, but the eyes were deeply damaged where there is no chance of her to be able to see again" doctor said as Hikari's dad fell back but Kurai and Ishi caught him. "Are you sure there is no way of her recovering her eyes?" Taki asks, grab hold the doctor's collar. "There is a way, but she is not likely to gain the eyesight back" doctor said as Taki's hands slip to her side. "Oh my poor Hikari" he said as Kurai and Ishi set him to go sit. 

Next day- Morning

They all surround me, I somehow manage to smell their aroma. The different scents from each of them can be defined easily, but honestly it is hard to accept the fact that I am blind. "How are you? You haven't spoke since yesterday" Taki said, sitting next to me. "I am fine" I answered. "Hikari, I am so sorry! I didn't-" "Ishi, don't make me hate you more if you keep feeling guilty like that. It was an accident, who would have thought that he would throw me" I said with a smile. "My poor daughter" I heard my dad said crying from the other room. I chuckle as I cough to clear my voice, "Is Kurai here?" I ask. "Yes, I am" Kurai answers as I heard footsteps move closer. "I would like to have a few words with Kurai alone if you two don't mind" I said as they left the room closing the door behind.

As soon as the door shuts, Kurai steps even closer to my left. "Come where I can hear you" I said. "Of course you can hear me. We are the only ones in here" Kurai said. "Idiot" I said, reached out to grab his hand but miss. I sigh feeling anger rising in me. "Here" Kurai grabs my hand and sat next to me. "Dorei, I am afraid that Ishi is feeling guilt thinking that he did all this. I don't want him to feel this way and sympathy me. I want and need him to know that I am fine being blind. I am still the same person, just blind" I said. "Are you seriously okay though?" Kurai asks. "I would lie if I said yes" I said. "Now you're the idiot" Kurai hugs me tightly. "I am sorry," I started to pour out crying; "I have disappointed you. I have ruined our relationship due to my blindness. You can leave me, hate me, and walk away from me but please don't pity me. I am already pitiful to the point I just want to die, Kurai" I held his hand with a harder grip. "Silly girl, why would I hate you and walk away? Our relationship isn't ruined, it is still here (he puts my hand against his chest where the location of his heart would be) inside us. If we still keep our feelings, it will still exist" Kurai said giving me a kiss on the forehead. "The most thing I want to see right now is your face as you smile. But I can't anymore" I said, continue to cry. "Look with your heart, Hikari. Touch my face with your hands to feel the features. Seeing something doesn't always require the eye actually being opened" Kurai said, guiding my hand on his face. I weep softly as Kurai pulled in closer, his breath brushing against my face. The pepper mint smell of him was wonderful, his lips touched mine suddenly. The gentle, tender kiss he was giving I wished it would have last until eternity. He pulls back as I smiled while his hands wipe my tears away. "Let's explore this new world together, Hikari" Kurai said in a sweet tone. 

It has been three days since I haven't been in school. Kurai, Taki, and Ishi came to visit me often after school and during the weekends. Shizu on the other hand was out into a mental institution. He had...forgot the name of the disorder, but yeah. He wasn't put to blame because first of all I understood why he went the way he was. I guess he was too emotionally attached to Kanna and couldn't bare the fact that he died and had to punish someone, me.  Luckily, Ishi is starting to feel better about not being the guilty one. 

"Hello! Hikari, watch out where you are walking" the students said all shouting and screaming at me with their worries. "I am fine" I said, had my eyes wrapped with a cloth and holding a walking stick to feel where I am stepping. "Dorei! Take me to the archery room" I demanded as Kurai obeyed, guiding me. 

In the archery room

"Sensei!" I shout as I hear him approaching us. "I want to talk about the head leader position" I said. "How come? You just came back and you're worried about that already" Sensei said. "Actually, I am here to quit archery" I said. "What?" Kurai and Sensei said at the same time. "Yeah, I do not want to have the old life. Archery, if I can't see what is the point of me being in the class" I said. "Hikari, are you sure?" Sensei asks. "Sensei, take her out of head leader position but please keep her in the class" Kurai said. "Kurai" I said in a sharp tone. "You're not going to be quitting just because you are blind. I will be your eyes and guide you through" Kurai said. "Okay okay. My choice is that Hikari stays as head leader and in the class. I can't find a better leader than you" Sensei said. I laugh as I nod. "Thanks" I said bowing down so did Kurai. "We should get going to class" Kurai said, leading me. I stopped holding his arm back, “I don’t want to be a burden to you Kurai” I whispered to him.

During lunch

"Dorei is running late" I said, sitting on my chair waiting for him. I felt a shadow on my face as I called out, "Dorei?" There was silence, too quiet and no other students were heard. "Hello?" I said, stood up as I got pushed over on the desk. "Come on, you're not innocent. We heard about the Shizu incident" one of the guys said. I felt scared, there was at least four guys there surrounding me. "What do you guys want?" I said. "What Shizu wanted" the guys inmates his voice. "Back off" I said in a serious voice. "Look at her. She thinks raising her voice can scare us" they laughed as two of them grab hold my arms and my legs. "Wow. The kiss marks are here, barely see them now" the guy said, ed my shirt almost done reaching the end of the shirt. I punch and kick to move, but their grip was too strong. "Oh come on Hikari. You can do better than this" I thought as the guy's lips touched my skin of my neck. I automatically lift up my knee to hit the guy's crouch and yanked my arms away. "Pin her down" one of the guy demands. "You like being rough, huh?" another one said, grab my face and French kissed me. I groan feeling disgusted by the kiss as I slap his face. 
 

Taki and Ishi were approaching the classroom hearing strange noises as Taki slides the door open.
"Seriously?! What kind of devil are you, you sick bastards!" Taki shouts as Ishi tackle the guys off of me. "Taki? Ishi?" I said, surprise that they came. "Here" Taki covered me with her sweater. "Ishi, finish them off" Taki said while Ishi nod and chased them away. "Taki, thank you" I said. "No problem. We will always be here" Taki said. "We need to tell Kurai about this" Taki said. "Where is he anyway?" I ask. "In the library finishing up his late projects" Taki said. "Take me to him" I said. 

In the library- Taki left me to enter the library alone since she wanted us to have some privacy. 

"Kurai?" I ask, entering the building. "Over here. Follow my voice" Kurai shouts. "Okay" I said using his voice to guide me. "Here, let me help-what is this mark?" Kurai notice the line on my wrist. I pulled my arms away hiding them. "Nothing much" I lied. "Tell me" Kurai said. "It's nothing" I said nervously as I forced a smile. He aggressively made me sat as ed my shirt shock to see the marks on my body again. "Where else did they touch you?" Kurai asks in a serious voice. "Nothing much. Just the arms, legs, neck, and mouth" I said. Without saying anything further, Kurai leans in to replace their kiss marks to make it his. "Kurai" I said, groaned from pain. His lips are much softer, massaging the pain with them and not satisfy with the fact that Shizu and the other guys got me first. "Kurai, you don't have to do this. It's fine. I am okay" I said. He grabs my face and kissed me on the lips. This kiss was different, it was not soft and gentle. His kiss now was much harsh yet still has a little tenderly feel. Suddenly I felt his tongue touch mine. My face flushed red as I pulled away. "Sorry" Kurai said notice me blushing. "I was selfishly making you uncomfortable" he adds. "I-it's fine. I am just not used to this kiss" I stutter. "I am sorry. I shouldn't have-" I grab his face this time and kiss him on the lips to keep him quiet. I felt the hotness of his cheeks and smiled. "So you can blush too, huh?" I said giggle. 

"Were you teasing me?" Kurai said. "Uh...maybe" I answer as I smiled brightly. "Silly girl. Now I must get mine" Kurai peck me on the cheek this time. I touch my cheek wasn't expecting him to do a kiss there. "Hey" I said punch him slightly on the chest. "Seriously, do not let other guys touch you or else I will-" "I know" I said, smiling. "Plus, if they hurt you. I will beat them up and make them apologize to you as they kneel" he adds. "Gotcha, little boy" I said, embrace him. "I am not a little boy" Kurai said. "Um...maybe you are" I said teasing him again. Without saying anything he just laughed hugging me back.

 

Midnight Back at home

 

“I’m home father!” I shouted as one of the maids hurriedly rushes over to grab my hand. “Thanks” I said with a smile. “Where is my father?” I asked the maid as she led me upstairs. “He’s in his workroom” the maid answers. “Can you take me to him?” I ask. “Yes, Miss” she said.

 

In my dad's workroom

 

“Father” I said as my father got up from his chair and approaches me. “What is it my dear?” He said, helped me go sit on the couches. “There’s something I would like to talk with you” I said. “Yes what is it?” he asks, felt his hands caressing against my hands. “I know I was suppose to marry Ishi-“ “Oh Hikari you don’t have to-“ “Let me finish father. I know after the accident father is looking for a doctor who can cure my eyes. I’m thankful for it, but at the same time I feel like I need to leave my friends” I said. “Even Kurai?” father asks. I hesitated for a bit and answered, “I’m going to break up with him, father. I don’t want him to be lingering on to someone who can’t even help herself. I know I love him very much, but I don’t want to hold anyone back” I said. “I understand. So what are you planning to do?” father asks. I exhale in nervousness as I slump my body in the couch, thinking.

 

“Sometimes I just have to leave without saying anything in order to lessen the pain of my heart; selfish, but I know I can do it even if I can’t get you back when I return” I thought.