College

Someone Somewhere :)

After living life as a wanna be celebrity for a day, Cinderella had to go back to her average person routine in college. In this case Cinderella is me, and she forgot that she had an exam for her nursing V40 class.

"What were you thinking!" I said to myself as I grabbed all my books and began reading them, skimming through the pages and reading subtitles.

"Why did you go off and party like if you didn't have responsibilities!" I said and slapped my forehead a few times. Today was an important exam. We were actually going to have patients and we were to follow procedures we had read about in the books. I had read none, and this meant peoples lives.

"Ah seriously!" I said as I got dressed in my uniform. I just tied my hair in a pony tail. Added random eyeliner, grabbed a piece of toast and ran out the door. On the bus on my way to college I read a few chapters, causing me to get a little motion sickness. The day truly could not get worse.

"Ya! Kaeru" my classmate said to me as she saw me arrive late. 

"Yes?"

"Don't you realize today is an important day in your career?"

"I know, I just got caught up doing a lot of things yesterday..." I said as I washed my hands and disinfected them.

"Such as?"

"Party-"

"PARTY?"

"I know..." I said ashamed of myself and began to continue skimming through my book.

"Party with who?"

"My friend Seungho and his friends..."

"Kaeru"

"Kyo" I said as our instructor approached us.

"You were late" instructor said looking at me pushing the book we were supposed to study away.

"You didn't even read the assigned pages did you?" instructor questioned.

I shook my head in regret.

"You are a top student, however, that does not excuse you from doing the necessary work. You are excused out of the classroom today. Go and read the pages you were supposed to, then come back. You will be taking the alternative exam. Points will be deducted. We are at the end of your school life, but this is no moment to slack off" the instructor said and walked away. I could feel the stares of my other classmates. They began to whisper.

"I'm sorry Sun Kyo" I whispered to my classmate and partner in lab.

She nodded and I walked the walk of shame out the classroom.

After an hour or so of reading vigorously in a nearby table in campus. I showed up in class and took my exam, alone.

I surprisingly passed with a B.

I walked out of the classroom, feeling as tired as ever. I took a cab back to my apartment in Hongdae.

When I arrived at the front, there was another mysterious black car in the front. I payed the taxi driver and walked out. Walked over near the car at a safe distance. There was a very tired looking guy in the driver seat.

I knocked on the window. He shook startled.

"Seungho sshi" I yelled. His confusion turned into a smile.

"Get in!" he signaled. I rolled my eyes and headed towards the passenger seat.

"Carolina! You look...medical..." he said not knowing what to say. I burst out laughing.

"Medical?"

"You look, well...you get me. Professional, well in the medical field?" he said and shrugged.

"Yeah, yeah I get it. Should I change?"

"Oh no, it's fine. It will help with my cover"

"Alright...so what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to apologize once more." he said quietly.

"Apologize for?" I said waiting to see if he had figured it out.

"Not giving you the proper attention, when you were my guests and friends of honor"

"You think this was the first time you did this to us?" I asked, crossing my arms and looking out the other way.

"No, but I will try to change"

I started at him for a little bit.

"There's one more thing" I said hesitating.

"What is it?"

"Soyeon..." I managed to croak out.

"Soyeon?" he replied, you could feel him begin to become uneasy.

"You never told me you liked her..." I said feeling hurt again.

He rubbed his neck.

"I'm sorry, I just, didn't know how you would react" he said and stared at his hands.

"I thought we were best friends though. Should't I know these kind of things?"

"I know, I'm sorry"

"Soeyon doesn't like me" I blurted out. He just looked at me and stared at me confused.

"What do you mean?" he said with a tone of defense.

"She doesnt"

"What makes you say that, you both have known each other since you were younger..."

"There's a lot you don't know that happened between us. It's between us though. If you want to like her, and date her...it's fine with me. I will be a suporting friend" I said, but it hurt to say those words. I had trusted Soyeon at one point, but she had taken something away from me way back in high school.

"You're too sweet Carolina" he said and side hugged me.

"Whatever" I said shaking him off.

"So where are we going?" I asked as he turned his car on.

"Where else? You live in Hongdae, might as well go drink some coffee at a cafe" he said and smiled.

"Fine" I said and smiled back.

"So, are you accepting Kyuhyun's offer to the party?"

My eyes went wide. I had totally forgotten about that.

"I never got back to him!"

"You're a jerk" he said as he began driving away.

I grabbed my phone and searched his name in my contacts. My heart racing.

Cinderella, doesn't she wait for her prince charming to come and look for her?

Shouldn't I wait for him to text me first?

Then again, aren't I just a simple person. Not Cinderella?