Touch Screen Phone

Someone Somewhere :)

I was lying in bed, bored out of my mind.

“What a sad Saturday night” I whispered and looked at my phone. Being single, while all of your friends were out with their boyfriends was not fun and if they weren’t single, they were at work, they were busy, they were sleeping, every little excuse possible they would use.

“I don’t even know who to call” I said scrolling down through my contacts. Then I saw it: Seungho.

“That jerk hasn’t called me in months” I whispered and accidently pressed dial.

“No, no, no” I yelled as I tried to end the call but for some reason my phone’s touch screen was not being my friend and decided not to work.

“Yeoboseyo?” I heard Seungho say from the other line. I panicked and stayed quiet for a moment.

“Yeoboseyo?” he said again. “I know you are there Carolina, you do realize you are still on the line and I can see that” he said softly.

“You’re busy aren’t you?” I replied.

“No, why would you think that?”

 “I don’t know Seungho, you never seem to have time for your old friends” I said honestly and not going around the subject.

“Hey! I do have time, what you missed me?” he said and laughed a little. I rolled my eyes, but there was no use in doing that, he couldn’t see me.

“Ya! I never said that”

“But that’s what you wanted to say, anyways before you declare your love for me, how have you been? How’s everything?” he asked and I could hear him munching on some chips.

“Hey! I wasn’t going to declare my love for you anyways, and it’s been okay, I’m almost done with college, one more semester!” I said and switched hands since the other one was getting tired of holding the phone. I got comfy in my bed knowing that for once my conversation would last more than 5 minutes.

“Already? It seems like just yesterday we were in high school together…” he said and paused then he spoke again “I’m sorry I haven’t had time, I just, well I have been having such a busy schedule for our comeback, learning the routine and the song and it’s really tiring”

“I know, ever since you debuted your life has been so busy. Five years already passed since you debuted, how about we hang out, and can’t you take one day off and hang out? I’ll even call Krystal and Woohyun and you can call your friends?...” I suggested but he still sounded uneasy.

“Well, I’ll have to ask manager hyung, I’m not sure how he will feel if I invite you all over…” he began.

“I understand, don’t even worry about it” I said trying to sound like I was fine, but he knew me better.

“No, it’s not” he almost said at a whisper and then I heard a voice in the background.

“Hyung, what are we going to eat I’m hungry!!!” the voice whined.

“Dude, don’t you see I’m on the phone?” he said irritated.

“Sorry” Seungho said to me.

“It’s fine, who is it? Thunder oppa?”

“Don’t you recognize the obnoxious voice?” he said and cracked up as I heard the voice approach with its obnoxiousness. There was an argument and then I heard someone grab a hold of the phone.

“Who is this?” the voice asked as Seungho complained in the background about him wanting his phone back.

“Who is THIS?” I asked.

“No, you first”

“No, no, no I insist, you first” I said and grinned. I already recognized the voice, it was Joon.

“Ya! Carolina! It’s about time you call! When are you coming to visit us and make us food?” he said whining.

“Joon oppa, Seungho doesn’t want me to go visit, we will have to meet in secret” I whispered.

“I can still hear you!” I heard Seungho say in the background. I laughed.

“Hey hyung, you haven’t asked her?” Joon said addressing Seungho.

“Ask her what?” he asked sounding confused.

“To come and watch us perform on our comeback stage! Remember they told us we could invite our friends, you’re not going to invite her? If you don’t invite her I’ll do it, and I’ll invite her as my date” Joon said trying to provoke Seungho.

“Oh” he said and tackled Joon and retrieved his phone back.

“That’s right, will you go with me? I mean us?” he hesitated.

“With Joon?” I asked playing around.

“No, with me, and you can even call Krystal and ask her if she would like to come too. Exo’s going to be there and last time I heard she was a big fan, what do you say?”

“Will G.O oppa be there?” I asked and cracked up in my head.

“Why are you talking about G.O now?” he complained.

“Fine, fine I’ll go, Will you buy me a pretty dress?”

“I’ll buy it for you!” Joon screamed in the background. I laughed.

“Why not” Seungho said and you can hear a smile in his voice.

“Text me the details?” I asked.

“Will do” he said, and with that, we chatted for awhile and then said goodbye.

I then looked at my phone.

"Thank you phone, you're not that big of a jerk" I said and kissed it. One accident lead to something better.