Chapter 4

Karma
  • I'm Sorry

"Wow, I really can't belive it's you!" Taemin added as he replaced that playful smirk of his with a smile. That got me confused. Was he... happy? To see me? 

"What are you smiling at?" I asked.

"I'm smiling couse I'm happy that you're not a stranger." I chuckled at his respond. I took a step closer to him so our faces were only inches apart.

"You don't know me, therefore, I am a stranger." With that, his face changed. 

"What's wrong?" He asked as he kneeted his eyebrows together. Without being able to hold it, I started laughing. 

"You even have the face to ask that, huh? You've destroyed my life, Taemin! I was sick of my life before I joined this gang." As I spoke, tears were already trying to fall, but I kept them in.

"Excuse me, I destroyed your life?" 

"Well, you were one of those people!" With that I left the room. Not wanting to face him again, I begged Bom to sleep at her room for that night. And since she was my best friend, she accepted.

  • Taemin

Minji didn't come back that night. I stood up, waiting for her 'till 3AM, but she didn't come. During the time I was waiting, I was also reflecting on what she said. Once she had left school nobody talked about her anymore. It was like she never existed, but I remembered her though. I didn't talk about her, but I didn't completely forget her. After all she was my friend, until... well, I changed.

Memories of what I used to do and say to her crossed my mind again. She was right. She had family problems, almost everyone bullied her, and she had no friends. She only had herself.

Two girly laughs and voices brought me to the real world. I looked up and saw Minji and her friend walking out of a room. Her friend was all dressed with a tight short dress, while Minji was still on her yellow SpondgeBob PJs. 

"I like what you're wearing Minz!" One of the guys at the table said, making everyone expet Minji brust into laughers. I tried to hold it, but I still ended up smiling. She just norrowed her eyes and pointed at him in a threating manner and made her way to her room. Something told me to go after her and talk to her. And I did. I excused myself and made my way to the room we shared. I didn't bother to knock, and opened the door. 

"AHHHHHH!" She screamed and covered her uper naket body with her shirt. I turned around immediately and closed the door. "Can't you knock? Idiot!" I waited until she got dressed. "You can turn around now!" She said with a low voice. I did as I was told and noticed she was looking down at the ground. I got closer.

"Look, I'm really sorry about what I've done to you in the past. I really wish I could turn back the time and... I'm just really sorry!" I appologized.

"Don't you think you're too late for that?" She asked and looked me in the eye.

"I guess, but it's worth trying! Will you forgive me?" I said and gave her a small smile. 

"Look, I don't really give a on how sorry you are. You're here couse those bastards want to kill, not to make new friends, so I'm just gonna do my job and that's it. I don't need your friendship!" With that she turned around and went to her closet again and pulled out a pair of skinny jeans. For some reason, her words hurt me a lot.

"Please! You're the only person I know here." I said again and put a hand on her shoulder.

"I told you, you don-"

"Ok, you're at least someone I've seen before and that went to the same school as me. Maybe you don't need my friendship, but I do. I need a good friend right now." After that she remained silent for a while. 

"I'll think about it... Now go, I gotta get dressed." Dissapointed from her answer, I nodded and made my way out of the room.

  • Minji

The rest of the day was quite boring. Everyone were working out and stuff while I was left in the living room thinking on what answer to give Taemin. He really seemed to have changed, but could I really trust him? That was the only question on my mind. And I knew the only person who would give that question an answer.

"Oppa!" I called out, making the older man turn around and leave what he was doing.

"Yes?" Teddy answered and smiled at his (as he liked to call me) little sister.

"What should I do?" I said as she hugged his waist, letting him know that I really was confused and didn't know what to do.

"What are you talking about?" Since he didn't know what I was talking about, he had to ask.

"Taemin..." Then I remembered Teddy didn't know who Taemin really was.

"Taemin what?" He asked and pulled away from the hug and looked at me with his sweetest face.

"You know, those kids that used to bully me at school?" He nodded. "Taemin used to be one of them, and now he's begging me to forgive him and he told me that he feels very bad about it and stuff like that. But I don't know what to do..." 

"Hmm... I don't know! He seems like a good guy though, and come on Minzy, everyone grows up. I'm sure he grew too and just becouse he was an arogant kid back then doesn't mean he still is. Maybe he really changed. I say you forgive him." 

"Yeah, I guess... Thanks Oppa!" After that I hugged him one more time and then went out side for some fresh air. I sighed at the cold breeze that welcomed me as soon as I stepped out of the basement. I looked on my right and saw a smiling face looking at me. It was Taemin. 

I gave him a small smile and went closer to him. When I was next to him, I noticed there was a smell. A cigarette smell. I looked at his hand and noticed he had one on him right hand. It was half way done.

"You smoke?" I asked. Out of all the people I knew, he'd be the last person that I would ever think that smoked. Maybe it was his pretty boy look that made me think that way.

"Sometimes..." He answered and smoked some more.

"When is that 'sometimes'?" I asked again.

"When I'm stressed or depressed." 

"You? Depressed? *chuckle*" 

"Why? What's wrong with that?" 

"You have everything someone would ever want. You're rich, goodlooking, apperantly a good guy, and probably have a georges girlfriend, right?"

"But I don't have my parents..." I paused for a while after he said that.

"Me neither, but that didn't hold me down."

"But you never knew your parents, and your foster ones were idiots, so it's not the same!"

"Maybe you're right. But the pain's still the same." We remained silent after that and we were just looking at each other. After a while he chuckled.

"I can't belive I used to call you ugly!" 

"Why? What do you think now?" I said placing a playful smile on my face. He smiled too, understanding I was teasing him.

"I think you're georgeus!" I smiled and looked down, embarrest. I felt blood rush down my cheeks. 

"Aww, you're blushing!" He said and laughed.

"I'm not..." I said and laughed too.

"By the way, You think I'm goodlooking?" He said and gave me a smirk.

"Well, you're not that bad... For a pretty boy..." After that he laughed and finished his cigarette. Then he threw it. "What about that georgeus girlfriend?" Out if all the questions on my mind, I chose that one, WHY? He just gave me a little giggle and said,

"Yeah, she really is georgeus!" He said and smiled. Becouse of the way he was smiling, I could see that he loved her a lot.

"Can I see her?" And then again, I had to ask.

He nodded and took his phone out. After a few second he showed me a photo of her. She really was pretty. ( PHOTO ) But why did she look so familiar? And why did she give me negative feels? Taemin seemed to notice that, and asked,

"What's wrong?" 

"Uhmm... No nothing, I was just thinking of something else. She's very pretty, Taemin!" I fake smiled and hoped that he wouldn't notice it.

  • That Night - Minzy

I got up from my bed. It was the middle of the night and I had to stay up until Taemin fell asleep. His girl really gave me a bad feeling. And I felt like I had met her before. And there was only one way to find out.

Carefuly, I kneelted down to where Taemin was sleeping. His phone was right next to his pillow and it was quite easy for me to take it. Without thinking twise, I took it and without making any noises, I walked out of the room. I ran to YG's office and knocked on the door as soon as I was there. He told me to get in and I did as I was told.

"Minji? What are you doing up this early?" He asked as I took a seat infront of him and cheacked on Taemin's photos. I found this girl's photo and showed it to YG.

"Who is she?" As soon as YG saw it, his face changed.

"Where did you find this?" He asked and looked at me with a serious face.

"I was talking with Taemin today, and he told me that's his girlfriend!" I said.

"Why are you showing me this?" 

"Becouse she looks familiar, and she gave me a bad feeling when I saw her. Why? Do you know her?" I explained and waited for him to tell me something.

"Well, she's a part of Cube. Their leader's daughter to be exact. I don't know if she's in a relationship with him becouse her father told her to, or if she has real feelings for him, but eaither way, you must be with him 24/7. Don't you ever leave him alone, got it?" YG said and I simply nodded. He handed me the phone and after saying 'bye', I made my way to the door. When I was about to leave, YG spoke again.

"Minji..." He paused. "I belive in you. But be careful, these guys are really dangerous!" He added.

"Don't underestimate me!" I said with a smirk and left the office. When I went back to the room, I placed the phone where I found it. I looked up at Taemin's face. He looked so cute and peaceful when he was sleeping. Like an angel. I chuckled and smiled a little.

"You're so naive Taemin!" I whispered and stood up. Then I made my way to my bed and laied down. I stayed like that for a few more minutes, until I fell asleep.