Chapter 1

Karma
  • The Past

18th Janurary, 2008

 

My birthday. Many kids at my age would be very exited on their birthday, but I wasn't. There was nobody out there who would congratulate me, or give me a present or even smile at me. People didn't do it on a regular day and they wouldn't do it on my birthday either. And the worst part of all, I had to face my "parents" who would continue to insult and blame me for everything that was happening to them. What a life, huh? Well, that's the life I have to live.

I got up from my bed and made my way to the bathroom. Our crappy bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth and then went to my room again to get dressed. I got in my creasy uniform and after combing my hair I went to the kitchen. There, I faced my foster parents. My "father" was eating like a pig while the woman was standing there smoking a ciggarete, or pot or God knows what it is.

"Goodmorning!" I said lowly as I lowered my head. They both turned their heads and looked at me.

"*sigh* Hey brat! Here! Eat and get your out of my apartment!" She said as she threw me a toast. If I could only call it one. It was wasted and dirty. "What? You don't like it?" She added and smoked once again.

"I'm that hungry. I'm leaving." I said and swallowed as I made my way to the door. I ran on the building's stairs and when I was out I felt like I could finally breath properly. And like that, with my stomach making wiered noises and my not-so-pretty apearence, I made my way to school, or as I called it, HELL.

 

  • Lunch Break

 

I was sitting on a empty table as I played with my chopsticks. My apetetie was ruiened after seeing that huge bug killing scene in my class. I was just sitting there, taking space. There was no one who'd approach me. Oh well, exept the bullies. They're the only people that talk to me. Speaking about them, here they come.

"Hey there fatty!" Krystal said as she moved behind me and took my tray of food. 

"Yeah, fatty!" Jinri repeated. Then I felt food runing down my head and back.

"How's your meal pig?" Myungsoo said as he leaned closer so his face was right in front of me. I didn't say anything though, I just kept my head heanging low and just listened to them. Then, the one of the persons who made my life a living hell came. Lee Taemin.

"Yah, Hyung, leave the nerd! She doesn't deserve to even be looked in the eye." He said as he wrapped an arm around his Hyung's shoulder. "That's right Minji, that's how ugly you are! People like you shoud've never been born. Never!" He said and then left. My eyes started to tear as I heard the beel ring. I wasn't in the mood to go to class so I decided to ditch classes and go home. Nobody would care anyway...

 

  • Evening

 

There I was, sitting on the floor while looking at nothing in particular. I was wearing skinny back jeans, black trank top and a black hoodie. I liked dark stuff a lot and I barely ever turned my room's lights on. I liked it that way. Not looking at anything, just darkness.

"BRAT! Get your out here!" I heard the devil call. Lazily, I stood up and went to the living room. 

"Didn't I tell you to clean this place up?" She said.

"I'm sorry, I forgot!" I said and looked down, hoping she would leave me alone in my lonelyness.

"You're sorry huh? COME HERE YOU LITTLE !" She said and took my hand as she dragged me to a corner. Then she pushed me down harshly and slapped me on the face. I looked up at her with widden eyes. Then she took something from the coutch. It was a whip. My eyes poped out. The only thing I did after that was stand up quickly and run to the door as she followed me. I was running like a mad man around the neighborhood. Then I remembered a place she'd never find me. It was a dark alley I always went to, but the way there had two turns, so if I runed fast enough I could loose her.

I quickly took my turn and hid myself behind a trash can. I breathed heavily and looked on which turn she'd get. Hopefuly she took the other one. As I saw her leaving I sighed in relief and sat on the ground with my eyes closed as my head was supported on the wall. I was finally feeling way much better and going home was the last thing I would do. So, I walked down the dark alley in order to find somewhere safe to pass the night. As I was walking I saw a group of girls and boys hanging out as they smoked and drinked. I looked at them curioesly at first but brushed it off and started walking past them until one of them spoke.

"Hey I know this girl!" He said and made my way behind me as he turned me around. Becouse of his tall height he had to kneel down and look up to face me. "She passes around here a lot!" He said smiled while I just looked away.

"But what is she doing here this late?" One of the girls said. At the moment...

"MINJI! WHERE ARE YOU BRAT? GOD KNOWS WHAT I'M GOING TO DO TO YOU IF YOU DON'T SHOW UP NOW!" She came back. I took the man's hands off my shoulders and ran away. 

 

  • Teddy

 

The girl got obviesly scared and ran away as fast as she could. At the moment, I knew she was in trouble. Jiyoung tried to follow her but I stopped him. Then I turned around and behaved all normaly. Then a woman showed up holding a whip on her hand. I eyed her as she came closer.

"Yah, have you seen a little girl walking around here alone?" She asked, but before any of the other would tell her, I answered.

"No, nobody has pased around here for the past two hours." I said.

"Fine then, if you see her, tell her to come home!" She said and turned around and left. Then I started making my way to follow the little girl. Gummy was looking at me with widden eyes.

"What?" I asked confused.

"She was probably her mother!" She said.

"What mother calles her daughter a brat? What mother holds a whip on her hand while looking for her lost daughter, huh?" I said and took Dongwook with me to look for the girl.

 

  • Minji

 

I was sitting on the ground once again. But this time not trying to calm my heartbeats down, nor trying to control my breathing. This time I was crying. I was crying my heart out on a dark street with no where to go, and no one to lean on. Just when I thought I was all alone I heard two different voices calling.

"HEYY! LITTLE GIRL!" One of them yelled. I wipped my tears away and stood up. I looked at the guy who recognized me earlier. He seemed happy to see me while the other guy smiled simply and let the one with a hood and cap talk.

"Come here, it's ok!" He said with a sweet smile on his face. Hesitately, I walked closer and when I was close enough he kneeled again. I looked at him directly in the eye and waited for him to speak first.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"M-Minji!"  I said lowly.

"And why did you run away?" He asked again.

"B-Becouse, she hit me and she made my life miserable since I was a kid. I'm just sick of it!" I said, not looking at him anymore.

"Is she your mom?" I shook my head.

"Where are you passing the night?" 

"I don't know..." Then I heard him sigh and I noticed he looked behind at his friend. He seemed to give him a sing becouse he reacted to something.

"No Teddy, no! We never let anybody in! How do we know she's not a spy? Huh?" He said.

"Look at her man, does she look like spy? Are you seroesly going to let a little girl alone in the streets? Plus I told you it's not my first time seeing her. C'mon man!" The guy, Teddy replied as he stood up and was facing him. The other guy sighed and gave in.

 

  • YG Basement

 

"What is that?"

"Who is she?" 

"Why did Teddy bring her here?"

Poeple were whispreing different things as I and Teddy walked past. The place was at least nicer than my house. It was pretty cool. We walked to a small room and I spotted a man sitting on a chair while looking at some files, He looked up and met my gaze. I quckly moved it to the floor as Teddy walked closer.

"Sit!" He whisptered to me as he made himself comfortable in one of the chairs. I took my seat as well, just more awkwardly.

"What's the meaning of this Teddy?" The man asked. I was looking down on my hands so I couldn't tell how his expression was, but it surely wasn't a pleased one.

"She has nowhere else to go! Her foster parents are dangerous, she has no friends nor any other family! I was just thinking, why not let her stay here for a while until she finds a place to stay!" Teddy replied.

"How old is she?" The man asked once again.

"14."

"This is the problem! We're not letting a non-member of the gang spent the night here, yet she's too young to join."  

"But sir, you're the one that always tells us to help people, and that's exactly what I'm doing! Sir, I wanna help this girl! I'm gonna take full responsibility for her training, and everything! I promise!" Teddy said. "Training?!' I thought.

"Ehhh, I don't know!"

"Please!" 

"Fine, but if she turns out to be a spy or anything, I'm gonna kill you!" He said. My face lighted up. I looked up and met the man's gaze.

"Wow, what happened to her cheek?" He said as he looked at my red cheek.

"It must've been her mom!" Teddy said.

"Ok, what's you name sweety?" He asked as he smiled.

"Minji! Gong Minji!" I said and returned a weak smile.

"Teddy, introduce her to her roommates! Room 21!~" He said as he smirked. Then, both, me and Teddy went to room 21. We were infront of the door when Teddy said.

"I'm sure you'll be great friends!" He said and opened the door. Three girls who looked around my age appeared. In first sight, badass, but...

"OPPA!!~"

"Yah, who is she?" 

"TEDDY OPPA!~ I MISSED YOUUU!"

"Girls, this is Minji, your new roommate! Be nice to her ok? Especially you Bommie!" He said and pushed me foreward.

"Tomorrow you'll meet the rest of the family!" With that he closed the door and left me with the three girls alone. Little did I know that was the start of a brand new life, with a brand new me, and a brand new family. YG family. <3