Chapter 2 - Memories

Hold me tightly

6.00pm. The rays of the crimson, gold sun shone on the pure, white blanket of snow. School had ended, fortunately. I did not feel like going home yet, since I would be alone in the dark confined house of mine. Sooro samchon would not be home till next month due to his business trip to London. Unknowingly, my feet took me to my favourite place – the abandoned park.

The abandoned park was once a beautiful place where people mingled around. Families and friends love to gather there. But there was one day, it was reported that 5 murders took place at the park. The same person murdered all 5 children. Some believed that at night, the spirits of these children would come out and kill other. This was why the park was abandoned, with ‘WARNING’ tapes surrounding the park. Of course, I didn’t believed. I especially loved the park, because it was peaceful and I was able to indulge myself in the magnificent nature around me. 

The things that happened to me 3 years ago were still fresh in my mind. I guess it was a good piece of news when my father shot my stepmother, and then killed himself. I thought my pain ended when I knew that happened, but I was wrong. Painful memories and nightmares still tormented me every night, as though things were repeating and I had to go through that painful experience again and again.

I sat at the bench, when suddenly Joonwoo came to my mind.  There was one thing I was sure – I like him. But I don’t think he would ever liked me back, no one does. Maybe the most I could do, was to just watch him from afar, since it had been always like this. He told me he liked me just now. But that was probably just a comment to compliment someone when you are going to sit beside her for the rest of the term. He probably don’t mean it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Joonwoo is a player.

9.30pm. I should be heading home.  It was a long and tiring day, and I dreaded for tomorrow to come.

***

Joonwoo did not speak to me the whole day.  I was hurt, but I was already prepared that I would feel this way. Actually, we did not even interact for the next 2 weeks. Joonwoo was already fitting among the popular people in my school, and girls go crazy for him every time they see him.  Well, I was also one of his ‘fan’. He always places his headphones around his neck and places his left hand in his pocked when he walks into class. His most hated subject was maths and he always spins his pen and tilt his head to the right during math lessons. I don’t show my craziness for him just like the other girls, because I don’t express myself well.

 

I'm still waiting for the day he tells me I'm pretty again.