Chapter 7 - Bliss

Hold me tightly

 

I was stunned by his question. Why was he here? Wasn't he going out with Minjung? Why did he asked me that? Was he even serious or was it a joke? I buried myself under an avalanche of questions. The stupid me, all I could say was "Huh?" Junwoo smiled, "I said can you be my girlfriend?" He repeated himself. I was confused and lost. "What? I thought you were dating Minjung? You're joking right?" I asked. Is he for real? I shook my head to brush off that thought. I felt like he was definitely joking, so I ran towards him, raising my fist in the air. "Yah, Kim Joonwoo, what a stupid joke. You wanna die?!" I playfully raised my voice.
 
Suddenly, something unexpected happened. He opened his arms and in the next moment, his arms were around me, huggin me tightly. He whispered beside my ear, "I wasn't dating Minjung, babo. I got closed to her because I wanted to learn how to date you. And the girl that I like, is you."
 
I was momentarily stunned by what he said. So Joonwoo likes me? It was unbelievable. I am a girl who got by my best friend's father, my father shot my step-mother and then killed himself, the school hates me, I'm very anti-social, I probably have the most screwed up life and yet he wants me to become his girlfriend. I couldn't help but smile. He hugged me, and that was something I've always dreamt about. He knew that silence meant Yes. We were officially and couple. And I was happy about it.
 
Now, not just Thursdays and Fridays, we met everyday at the abandoned park. He would lie on my lap to gaze at the sky while I play with his hair. I always look at his eyes because there was something special in it. His eyes are so beautiful. Sometimes, we would sit on a mat and I would be in his embrace, leaning against his strong, firm body. There are times where the painful memories come back to me and I would just cry in his arms. But Joonwoo would whisper how strong am I to endure all these things, and tell me how proud he is to have me as his girlfriend. I love him and I know he loves me as well.
 
It was my birthday today, and Joonwoo told me to meet him at the same old place at 8pm. It was dark so I had to bring a torch light with me. However, to my surprised, I saw a glow in the distance. As I walk towards it, it turns out that there were colourful lightings hanging on the trees. There was a table in the middle with a candle light on it. Joonwoo was walking towards me. I ran into his arms and hugged him. "Oppa, Gomawo", I whispered to him. He smiled and we  sat on the chairs. Joonwoo prepared steak and he brought it to the abandoned park so I could have my birthday dinner at my favourite place. After eating, he presented me a cake that had the words "Happy birthday to my favourite person on earth" on it.
 
Then, Joonwoo set up and tent and we laid inside and gazed at the stars above. His arms were around me, and I felt safe and secured. "Oppa, thank you for everything. Really, thank you for everything. I think God has already compensated me by allowing me to meet you." I told Joonwoo. He brushed my hair with his hands.
 
"Saranghae." He whispered, before he pressed his lips against mine.