Chapter 3 - Sorry

Hold me tightly

I didn't felt like going to school today. I went to the abandoned park again to spend a day there. I still have not let those painful memories go yet - I couldn't find happier memories to replace it. I just wished I could go to school, without people calling me names and making fun of me. Sometimes, I felt like ending my life here, right in the abandoned park. I don't even have a friend to share my worries with. It was really hard to live.

There were rustlings of the bushes behind me. The wind grew stronger and the tall trees swayed along with it. I thought I heard a twig cracked somewhere further in the distance. Someone's coming? Nahhh, probably not. I was probably the only one to ever step into this park ever since the incident. 

"Ya, Park JiAe. It's you right?" There was a familiar voice, and it sounded like it was from behind me. I turned around, the charming, flower boy stood before me. I didn't know why he was here, but more importantly, how did he know I was here. He was Joonwoo.

"Uh? Why are you here?" I spoke softly, maintaining a distance between us. 

"I've heard from the others that there's this crazy girl who goes to this abandoned park every time. I wanted to see who that crazy girl was. And I think I know who is she already. Anyway, why aren't you in school today?" Joonwoo said. 

I bit my lower lip. Was he actually concerned about me? I shouldn't think so much. "I was feeling unwell, and tired. That's all. And I'm not crazy." I answered defensively. 

***

We sat at the bench while gazing at the sky. It was weird, because I usually didn't have a company with me out here. "Erm, I heard that you were involved with a incident that happened last year. About a girl called Shinjoo. Is that right?", Joonwoo asked. I didn't reply him. 

"Well, if you were really involved. You should apologise to the students. Afterall, you pushed shinjoo out of the window, you should apologise sincerely for what you did wrong." Joonwoo went on. I locked my eyes into his. I've never felt more hurt and unfair. 

"None of you know my story." I shouted. I pushed my sleeves up a little, exposing the slits of scars, about 8 of them. He stared at me, wide-eyed. "You know, the things that happened to me, is so bad, that I have to hurt myself." Tears started to fall. My heart was aching. The memories were flowing back like a running tap. I turned around, ready to run when Joonwoo spoke.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." I tightened my fist. 

"I'm sorry, for all the things that I've been through." I replied before darting away from him and disappearing into the valley.