Chapter 6 - Jealous

Hold me tightly

Joonwoo and I met at the abandoned park every thursday and friday after school. It was fun because we get to do homework and play together. Sometimes, as the sky got darker, we laid at the benches and gazed at the transition of the bright, vast blue sky to a dark yet tranquil night. Of course, because of Joonwoo, I started to accept the insults my other schoolmates gave me when I'm in school, because the fact that I have a friend gave me strength.

During one of the thursays, we went to the abandoned park again. We bought some food and a mat as well so we could have a little picnic there. As we sat down, Joonwoo broke the silence, "Hey, I wanna ask you something. Since you're a girl and I need some advice.".

I looked up, gesturing him to go on. "Okay. I like this girl, and I don't know how to date her. What do girls like?" he asked curiously. 

Wow, it felt like what he said stabbed my heart. Joonwoo likes a girl? That girl must be so lucky. A wave of jealousy overwhelmed me. I fell in love with him already, but now, it was like a one-sided love. Eventually, he was going to date the girl that he likes and leave me alone in the abandoned park. However, I felt guilty if I don't tell him what do girls like or teach him what do girls want from a guy. He seemed pretty in love with her, because he looked really sincere when he asked me. I didn't want to give bull answers that would make the girl he likes hate him too. 

"Well, girls like guys who are romantic, funny, loyal, nice, playful (in a good way), initiative and brave. So I guess you need to show her you have all these characteristics then she'll probably consider you." I answered him. He seemed satisfied and confident with the answer i gave him. He smiled again, and I reminded myself I probably couldn't see this smile ever again once he got his new girl. Kim Joonwoo is definitely a player.

I saw him talking with this girl in class. Of course, the popular girl that makes guy go crazy for her - Yoo Minjung, which others nicknamed her Yoo Yeoshin (means Yoo goddess). Ha, Joonwoo would make a perfect pair with her. Well, handsome guy and handsome girl, they would probably be our best class couple. Joonwoo didn't talk as much with me anymore, and he said he can only meet up with me on thursday at the abandoned park since he was 'working' on something. I bet he probably meets Minjung on the other days to date. I wasn't even surprise if he told me our thurdays meet-ups are cancelled.

I was at the abandoned park alone, feeling hurt. Yeah, I fell in love with Joonwoo. But it felt worst when he liked another girl. Jealousy grabbed my heart, restricting me to breathe properly. I was really, really, really jealous. It felt as though both god and Joonwoo was playing with my feelings. 

Suddenly, the leaves rustled behind me. I turned around and saw him, Joonwoo. "JiAe yah... Can you be my girlfriend?"