Chapter 1 - I like you

Hold me tightly

The first day of school was always frightening. The sunbaes' smirks, the hoobaes' stares and the teachers' scoldings. I had 3 names - MichinKae (Crazy dog), the dark one and the outcast. I guess no one likes me, because I was always stooping my head down with my fringe covering half of my face, and my anti-social appearance. They don't know my story.

As I entered the classroom, a paper ball flew right into my head. "Assa! Bull's eye" Jaesung pounced right out of his chair. "Ya, Minwoo ah, you owe me 5,000₩. I managed to hit MichinKae's head." My heart felt like it was ripped into a million pieces. Stay calm JiAe, ignore them, it has always been like this. Just ignore them. I consoled myself. I propelled myself towards my seat, and propped my head onto my arms, to shut the world, and to shut myself in.

I heard the dragging of chairs beside me. It was weird, since no one sits around me in class. I lifted my head and turned to the left. A unfamiliar boy sat beside me. His expensive headphones rested on his neck as he arranged his fringe. New student, welcome to hell. I thought to myself, and propped my head back into my arms again. 

***

"My name is Joonwoo. Kim Joonwoo. What's your name?". Was the boy beside me talking to me? Pshhh, who will want to talk to me? I'm so creepy, and I'm a outcast. "Hello, you there?". I lifted my head again and locked my eyes with him. Ulzzang. He had chiselled features on his face and he had a smile that could melt any girl's heart. "Err, ...., Park JiAe. Nice to meet you." At a distance, I could hear Jaesung shouting, "Ya, new student. Don't even talk to her. She's our school's famous michinkae. you shouldn't go near her." The nasty roars of laughters then followed. I forced a smile and prepared to walk out of the class. "Wait!" Joonwoo stood up and lifted my chin with his fingers and placed my hair behind my ears. "You're really pretty, I like you."

I swear, for once, my heart melted.