-28-

Something Beautiful

         The two of you stayed on the roof huddled together speaking words of encouragement and apologies. Despite the cold, winter nipping at your noses, you thought it was better than staying indoors and being farther away than a meter just because your body temperatures were normal.

“I’m sorry I got mad at you the other day,” Jungkook said as he fumbled with his fingers, “I just- I don’t know.”

You looked at his hands and held them, “Well, I’m sorry I ever let go. I was being rude, inconsiderate, and a horrible girlfriend,” You looked him in the eyes, “Maybe you should break up with me.”

“What? Why?” He searched your face with concern.

“Because I am really everything I said. I have nothing to give you. I’m so messed up.”

He grasped your hands tighter, “Then shouldn’t I say the same thing to you? Haeun, I am so messed up. I have nothing to give you, but I will try. I will try to fight for our future.” He then grasped you face, “We are puzzle pieces waiting to be put together, Haeun, and in the end, we could make something beautiful; something the world may never even understand. But right now, right now we need to continue writing it for the sake of our own beauty. So, I’m here always.” He shook his head and you mimicked. He leaned in and gave you a kiss that was so gentle, and non-lustful that if you were standing, your legs would have already given in.

Jungkook breathlessly pulled away and laid his forehead on yours. Your cold noses barely touching, “Haeun,” He stared directly into your dark orbs, “I love you.”

You smiled a bit, “Don’t say it if you don’t mean it.”

“I don’t care if you don’t believe me when I say it, Haeun, I love you.” He smiled and once again you copied.

This time, you gave him the kiss.

 

::::

 

             Walking hand in hand outside of the school building the two of you headed to the hospital. You kissed the back of his hand and gave him a gentle smile. He nodded and led the way into the heated facility.

It seemed like Jungkook had already been told the details about where his sister is lodged so you just followed. The two of you took the elevator to the 5th floor and went down the hall to room 519.

His hands were shaking as he exhaled but you grabbed his had firmly and shook your head. He twisted open the doorknob and there Hana lay. In all her still beauty of a child, her eyes were closed and the only thing heard was the sound of the heart monitor. The two of you walked closer and sat next to her bed.

You looked at Jungkook with caution thinking he would break down any moment. The thing was he didn’t. He handled it pretty well, but he also showed a blank face.

He was peering at his vulnerable, younger sibling with soft eyes. He her hair, “Hey Hana, its oppa. Don’t be scared, okay? You will be with oppa, Halmoni, and Haeun unnie soon, uh?”

You watched Jungkook’s affection toward his sister and how it never failed to be so protective and pure.

He was her only fatherly figure.

A week ago you found out that their parents left them on the streets unwanted at a very young age and a few days later a kind, middle aged woman came up to them and asked them where their parents were, he said they went to go buy food, but they never came back. The woman took them to the police station and after several of weeks the middle aged woman came back and took them into custody. Jungkook told you that Halmoni will be only, ever be the one he owes his life to.

 

After the visit filled with book reading and reassurance, Jungkook got up and kissed his sister’s head. He smiled and held his hand out yours; slipping in, you got up and bowed a bit to the child; the two of you walked wordlessly out of the building.

 

:::::

 

Swinging your hands to lighten the situation, you smiled brightly, “Did you hear the doctor? She said she’s going to be fine!”

He looked at you with a small smirk, “Yeah, Haeun?”

“Yeah?” You raised your eyebrows and looked at him. Just when you turned your head, Jungkook bent down and caught your lips. The two of you shared a sweet kiss and he leaned away. He rested his forehead on yours and smiled, “Thank you for your encouragement. Without you don’t think I would have such optimistic thoughts even with the doctors telling me Hana will be okay.”

You grinned and ruffled his hair, “No problem, Kook; here always, remember?” You pointed to his heart and he smirked.

“Here always,” He kissed your nose and put his arm around you, “Now, before we get too sappy, how ‘bout we go get something to eat.”

You were about to speak but your stomach growled, “I think we should hurry.”

 

::::::

 

         As the two of you were walking to the restaurant you saw a ddeokbokki stand. Your mouth watered at the scent of the spicy fish cakes. You tugged your boyfriend’s jacket and he glanced down.

“Hey, you know, instead of walking like 2 more blocks in this cold weather, then spending who knows how much won on ramen, do you want some-“

“-I thought you would never ask.”

You lit up and pulled his hand leading him quickly to the stand, “Hello Ahjuma, can we get a plate of ddeokbokki and two sticks of odeng, please?”

She smiled, “Coming right up, darling!”

You shook your shoulders while your hands were in your jacket pockets. Jungkook watched as you did your little ‘food dance’. He couldn’t resist so he threw his arms around you and kissed the top of your head. You looked up confused and then gave him an eye smile.

“Aigoo, should’ve known you two were a couple,” The Ahjuma spoke as she put the plate filled with ddeokbokki and odeng in front of you, “I haven’t seen couples around here as young as you two since the 90’s.” The two of you looked at each other and secretly smiled. The Ahjuma continued, “I hope my daughter finds a relationship like yours. Your love is so young; thank you for the hope… So in return you don’t have to pay.”

“Ahjuma, it’s okay, I have money!” Jungkook interjected.

“It’s okay, child, eat quickly before I change my mind.” She smiled and before Jungkook could argue she turned the other way and handled the other customers. When she faced you two, you bowed and thanked her.

“Ah, finally, let’s eat!” You stuck the fork into the fish cake and dropped it into your mouth. The spicy, savory taste melted your mouth, “Wah, it’s so good!” You fed Jungkook and he agreed with thumbs up.

You giggled happily and continued to stuff your mouth with the flavorful cake.

After the two of you finished your food the two of you were stuffed, “Oh goodness, I have what Americans call, a food baby.”  You patted your stomach and Jungkook laughed at the odd expression.

As the two of you left, the Ahjuma running the stand picked the plate up to find 10,000 won, “That crazy, boy.” She said to herself in a whisper as she smiled.

Jungkook saw her pick it up and he cupped his mouth, “I told you I had money!” You waved and skipped off with him.

 

::::::

 

“Now where do you want to go?” He asked you.

You shrugged, “I don’t know, maybe back to the school to pick up the assignments we missed.”

He groaned, “Do we have to? We would have another day to do them.”

You pondered for a bit, “True… okay, but we need to go back, I need to pick up my backpack.”

“Okay, whatever you say.”

As the two of you walked back to the school, you listened to Jungkook sing Zion T.’s Two melodies and you couldn’t stop fangirling over your own boyfriend.

“Seriously, Jungkook, every time you sing you give me chills.”

“Are you sure it’s not because we have been outside for 2 hours because it’s freezing.”

You knuckled his head, “Aish, this boy does not know how to receive complements!”

He put his arm around you and laughed, “This child doesn’t know how to stop talking.” You pouted and he kissed your cheek, “Only joking.” You shook your head and opened the door to the building. 

Walking to your locker, you twisted your combo in and pulled the handle. You quickly grabbed your backpack and shut the door before any teachers came to check the halls and ran out of the building before Jungkook could catch you. As you ran out of the exit, you bumped into a chest the grasped your arms before you could fall, “Woah,” you looked up, “Junhong-ah, hello!”

He smiled and saw you with your backpack, “Where were you today? I was worried you slept in or you were late.”

“Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.” You put a strand of hair behind your ear, “I was with-“

The door opened, “-Jungkook.” Zelo finished.

You slowly turned around and glanced at your boyfriend, “Yeah, I was with him.”

“Hey, Zelo.” Jungkook greeted and stood next to you.

Zelo held two fingers up in a greeting gesture, “So I’m going to go in and get the rest of my books that I forgot. Don’t wait up for me. See you later!” He spoke.

“Junhong, be safe okay?” You said concerned.

“I’ll be fine.” He finished and walked the other direction with a hard swallow.

“Come on, Haeun,” Jungkook interlaced his fingers with yours and lead you to your house.

 

::::

 

After plopping down your backpack by the entrance you walked to your living room and face planted onto the couch.  With a groan you spoke, “I’m so tired.”

“Then sleep.” Jungkook took a seat next to you and the TV.

“But I don’t want the day to end already.”

“Then stay awake.”

“Oh, Jungkook,” You sat up and slumped, “You’re no help.”

He smiled and shrugged enveloping you in his arms, “Then to make it easier,  how about I sleep too?”

You looked up at him and then snuggled into his arms, “Suit yourself lover boy.” You yawned and Jungkook repeated snuggling closer to you as if you were to fall from his grasp.

“Sweet dreams, Haeun. I love you.” As he kisses the top of your head, you slowly start to fall into the world of slumber.

:::::

Gah, Happy  belated Valentine’s day my little munchkins! I’m so sorry guys I’m the most horrible author ever on here.(go on my blog posts and read the sorry post). All I do is apologize and spaz over it *facepalm.* okay new years resolution is to update more! Hwaiting! Oh and also, I love the talented Yuzuru Hanyu. That boy can figure skate like no other. Oh man is he the bomb at landing the triple axels and triple toe loops like dang boy.

Love,

Barely-finished.