-23-

Something Beautiful

     It was now Sunday night, a handful of days before Christmas and you were out with your boyfriend, Jungkook.

 

“Ah, what to do, what to do?!” you frantically spoke, “I don’t have presents for Namjoon oppa, Yongguk oppa, Daehyun oppa, Jin oppa-“

 

“Yah!” Jungkook cover your mouth with his hand and pouted, “Stop saying oppa. I should be your only oppa!” You bit his hand and he instantly pulled away.

 

“Stop being such a baby, Kook, we’ve been dating for 2 months already. You should already know that I chose you.” You got off the couch and went to the kitchen to look into the pantry. Sudden arms wrapped around your waist and you leaned your head back into their chest.

 

“Good. It should be that way.” You grab a bag of chips and open it; grabbing a chip you put one in your mouth and another in Jungkook’s. He then spoke as he chewed, “Do you want to go to the mall?”

 

You spun around with a bright face, “Can we really?! Well, it might be crowded…”

 

“It’s okay, baby,” Jungkook attempts in English and continues to speak in Korean, “I’ll protect you.”

 

You then duck under from his grasp and march up the staircase, “I’ll go get changed.” Jungkook starts to innocently follow; spinning around you squint, “Don’t follow, ert!”

 

He stops in his tracks and scratches the back of his neck sheepishly, “Get dressed quickly.”

 

Rolling your eyes, you open the knob to the room that spilt morning colors of yellow, orange, and blue all over the hallway’s pale walls and floorboards.

 

 

::::::

 

 

     The red scarf was wrapped around your neck and half your face at least 10 times before being adjusted once more, “Oppa, I think I’m fine. We will be in door most of the time any ways.”

 

“Most of the time, Haeun, what about the time in between?”

 

You laugh and fix his hood, “You aren’t bulletproof either, kook.”

 

“Well, for the time being I’ll endure the weather for you.” You emit a snarl as he kisses your forehead because you nose was covered.

 

He grabs your mitten covered hand with his and leads you out of your house making sure you lock the door. Five minutes later your phone beeps but you don’t notice.

 

Zelo ran out of his apartment complex and jogged to your house ready to shop without Yoomi or Jungkook, just like you promised. He rang your door bell at least 3 times and called your cell, no answer. He exhaled and swallowed, another plan forgotten.

 

Am I being forgotten as well, Haeun? With that thought he walked to the park’s swing set and swung slowly with reminiscing eyes.

 

 

::::::::

 

 

“Okay should I get this for Yongguk oppa or this?” Your questioning eyes bobbing back and forth.

 

“I don’t care,” Jungkook says holding four shopping bags containing gifts the two of you had bought together.

 

You dropped the items by your side with furrowed eyebrows, “You may not but I do.” You bring the items back to eye level and finally decide, “Okay, I’ll pick the black one because Yongguk oppa does get messy at times.”

 

Once you were done shopping you held two bags while Jungkook held six; he offered and wouldn’t let you carry more than your arms could take. In the crowds of humans you would occasionally pas by people who would either hit on Jungkook; giving him that look and you would grab his arm making him smile and shrug the females initiating he was taken.

 

When the males even glanced in your direction Jungkook would straighten up and squint at them, telling them to back off. You would bite your lip and stifle your laughter because protective Jungkook was the most adorable thing ever. Even if he did have a bad boy aura radiating off of him, you could never really see him in the light other people do because you knew him, all of him; from the lines of his eyes and the tips of his fingers to the sweet boy with loveless past, and for that you were thankful.

 

“It’s okay Jungkook,” you pulled his arm, “Come on, let’s go in there.” You lured him in a book store that also sold warm beverages and pastries.

 

You put all of the things you bought on the booth’s seat and sat across from Jungkook. You stared at him with eager eyes and he then gave in, “Okay you can go look for books.”

 

You broke out into a smile but were halted; he pointed to you and pulled you close to him. He gave you a small peck on the lips. Your eyes widened at the sudden contact. Usually Jungkook didn’t show public affection, let alone a kiss. This was the 3rd time he kissed you on the lips in the 2 months you have been together.

 

You stood up as he smiled victoriously he then pushed you closer to the books and watched you stumble across books amusedly.

 

 

:::::

 

 

“Oo, that book looks lovely,” You whisper to yourself and reach on your tippy toes to get the book. You huff a breath and look around to see if anyone was around. Since there wasn’t, you tried numerous ways to get that perfect book.

 

“Jungkook~” You coo cupping your hands around your mouth as you whisper. Footsteps were heard and your name was called.

 

“Haeun, where are you?”

 

“Over here!”

 

Once you spot him through a book case you smile. You see worry across his face and his eyes were wide eager to stumble upon your own.

 

“Pst,”

 

His eyes search as you giggle at his frustration; he then turns and spots only your eyes. They were a shade of brown he never knew existed with long, dark eye lashes and a bit of fat that is under the eyes which causes your eyes to be half existent when you smile.

 

He jogs around the book shelf and grabbed your shoulder, “Are you okay? Is something wrong?”

 

You pick his right hand and lead him to the designated area, “I can reach it.”

 

“What makes you think I can reach that?”

 

You shrug, “You are taller than me by a couple inches so I just thought you could help me out.”

 

He shakes his head and with the help of his toes he reaches over 4 levels of shelves and hands you the book.

 

“Thanks, Kookie.”

 

“Hm, Now since you have chosen your book, do you want me to order hot chocolate?”

 

You shook your head and watched him walk away. You flipped through the pages of the book and looked around on the bookshelves. The same exact one lay right in front of you.

 

“Whoops,” You say as you bit your lip.

 

 

::::::

 

 

    It was night time already and you never really checked your phone throughout the whole spontaneous trip to the mall. You walked with Jungkook your house to drop off and wrap the presents just so that you wouldn’t have to rush on Christmas eve.

 

As a pair, you entered and ran upstairs to get wrapping paper, ribbons, and name tags; leaving Jungkook downstairs to unpack all of the gifts the two of you bought.

 

Your phone kept beeping but Jungkook didn’t want to be one of those snoopy boyfriends so he let it ring. You came down stairs with your arms stuffed, once you dropped everything on the living room floor, Jungkook advises you that your phone had been ringing.

 

“Oh, it’s probably a toll free call or something,” Jungkook looks at you puzzled, “Come on it’s okay, its almost 9 let’s start wrapping.”

 

He shrugs and wraps with you revealing not only his mad wrapping skills, but also his rapping skills on the topic of freestyle.

 

The night was coming to an end and once you were finally done you stretched with and exhausted exhale.

 

“Maybe you should get home now,” You glanced at your watch and blinked at him, “It’s already 11:30. Namjoon oppa

might get worried.”

 

He grabbed your tired face and planted numerous kisses on your nose, forehead, and cheeks, “Okay, Sleep well. Only dream

about me!”

 

You smiled and lead him to the front door. You waved to him and ran your fingers through your hair. Closing the door you

make you way to your upstairs bathroom and get ready for bed. Once you were ready for bed it was around midnight and

you went down stairs to retrieve a glass of water and your phone. Your phone had been ringing nonstop and you didn’t

know why. Once you unlocked your phone you noticed why and you felt horrible.

 

Junhong>>Haeun 10 am

 

Hey ready to go to the mall??

 

Junhong>>Haeun 10:30 am

 

Are you still asleep?? Answer the phone!!!!

 

Junhong>>Haeun 12 pm

 

Oh, I guess you have other plans right? Haha silly me for bothering you.

 

Junhong>>Haeun 3 pm

 

Is it okay if I go to the mall with Yoomi? You aren’t coming back yet right? I can go?

 

Junhong>>Haeun 3:15 pm

 

I didn’t know if I should wait for you or not so I just cancelled the plans with Yoomi.

 

Junhong>>Haeun 9 pm

 

Hey are you back yet? I really need to talk to you.

 

Junhong>>Haeun 12 am

 

Hey it’s Christmas Eve, Haeun; one more day till our favorite holiday. Merry Christmas.

 

 

:::::

 

 

 A little slice of life for bb Zelo at the end which I though was so sad. Anyways, Merry

 

Christmas wherever you are and where I am it is Christmas Eve! I love you all and stay bundled up, it’s quite cold outside

Oh, And friend request me on here! I would love for you guys to read updates on my blog posts!

 

Merry Christmas,

 

Barely-Finished

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS/EVE/HANUKKAH/KWANZAA!!!~