Chapter 5. Warning

Your No.1 Fan (The Sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Darkness still ruled the heavens when she stepped out of the cottage, the light posts surrounding the cottages illuminating her path. Taking off her slippers, she walked barefoot feeling the cold sand underneath. A smile instantly swept across her face. She was just in time to witness the breaking of dawn, the moment when the dark sky will slowly be filled with light. Stopping at a safe distance from the shore, Kain soaked in the peace of the sea, the sound of the waves crashing into shore calming her soul. She needed to rid her mind of negative thoughts, of the fear which resonated in her boyfriend's voice.

Someone was watching her. Someone was stalking her. Why? What does that person need?Karin spread her arms wide to savor the breeze, water droplets damping her skin; and asked no more. The matter will be dealt with in time.

Over the horizon, a thin layer of light began to spread, creating the divide between the ocean and the sky. Karin immediately aimed her camera towards the deep blue, pressing the button to make that moment permanent. She smiled admiringly as nature transformed itself before her, night to day, dark to light.

A few meters away a dark figure loomed in the shadows, closely watching her every move. A hand smoothed a device before lifting it up, creating a sound which was carried away by the breeze.

A sleeping Donghae was awakened by the vibration underneath his pillow. His hand reached for his phone and squinted his eyes with the sudden brightness of the screen. Rubbing his eyes to wipe away the tears that formed, the image became clearer and clearer.

A girl in familiar yellow sun dress came into view.

His half closed eyes widened in anger to see another stolen shot of Karin; this time, from an unknown number. Donghae quickly made it out of bed, kicking the blanket on the floor as he scrambled out of the room. He furiously pressed the call button, his anger boiling within him. No one lays a finger on his Karin. No one. His eyes burned in fury as his fist clenched tight into a ball.

"YOU COWARD! ANSWER THE PHONE!" He growled hearing the endless ringing on the other line. Then, it stopped. Donghae waited for the voice in the receiving end but the silence defeaning his ears snapped the last bit of his patience. "STAY AWAY FROM HER!" Donghae's threatening words bounced off the walls of the unit waking up the other members. "I SWEAR I'LL GET YOU. I'LL GET YOU EVEN BEFORE YOU LAY A FINGER ON HER!" Between gritted teeth, he made sure that his warning came across. The busy dialtone was heard after the last word was uttered pissing him off even more.

He was about to throw the device when it vibrated once again. Hastily opening the message with trembling hands, blood drained from his face to see more photos of her taken from yesterday. The stalker knows what she ate, where she bought her souvenir gifts and where she stays; the numbers of her room door mocking him. With the self control he had left, he continued browsing until he saw the most recent photo. She has slightly turned away from the view of the ocean revealing a sweet smile that adorned her face. Her face looked so serene; her left hand tucked strands behind her ear as the wind blew her hair softly while her slippers dangled on her right. His heart ached, knowing that some creeper was lurking around, waiting to prey on his jagiya.

The members stayed rooted on the ground as Donghae left the living room like a tornado, banging the door behind him. Eyes blinked, not knowing what just hit them. Were they dreaming? Did they just see Donghae flame up in anger? The same clueless expression etched on each and everyone of them as they exchanged glances confirmed it.

"H-Hae!" The guys dashed to the door, running down the corridors to catch up with their fuming brother. It was frightening -the dark look on his face, his tensed muscles and the steady yet heavy breathing. They have never seen him this mad before.

Eunhyuk caught up to him first, taking hold of his left arm. "Hae, where do you think yo-" He gulped, completely forgetting what he was going to say. Gone is the Donghae he knew. In front of him, was a stranger, who sternly stared back at him, scaring the life out of Eunhyuk. "H-h-hae." Cold sweat formed in his temples as his heart

Please log in to read the full chapter