Chapter 7. The Prince

Your No.1 Fan (The Sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Deep orange and red scattered over the horizon, darkness slowly filling up the heavens as another day comes to an end. But it was the start of another long and cold night for him. No matter how tired he was or how packed their schedules were, even though how silly and annoying s will ever be, his thoughts would always wander off to the one that holds his heart… his dear Karin. From the opening of his eyes to greet the brand new day to its closing in slumber, Donghae will always be thinking about her, forever waiting for the day that he will be reunited with his love and never be apart.

As the stage was once again illuminated by his presence along with the other members of his group and the chants of their fans livened up the atmosphere, he hoped that somewhere in that sea of dancing blue lights is a princess smiling sweetly and encouragingly at him. He wished to hear her melodic voice calling out his name once again. And when he sings his part of the song with all the passion stirring up within him, he would lose himself in her gaze. Then, at the end of his performance, he would be overflowing with happiness as he finds himself in her loving arms.

Their performance was stunning as usual, the ELFs falling in love all over again. But in his world, there was nothing but emptiness. Not even the loud cheering of his precious ELFs reached his ears as he succumbed once again in his misery. It was a never-ending cycle, day after day, night after night, Donghae would just go about doing his job then when he is alone, sad tears would make themselves known in the dark silence of the night. He just wanted to be with her.

 

Sunlight seeped through the curtains making its way to his face. He groaned not wanting to lose the dream he was having. At least in his dreams, he could be with her. Shifting his body to his right, his arms felt something soft and it had the scent of sweet honeydew. Curious as to what it was lying next to him, he opened his eyes, the image before him still fuzzy. He tried to focus his eyes, blinking sleep away and adjusting his vision to the sudden brightness of the room.

A surge of mixed emotions overwhelmed his senses the moment he had gained full consciousness. There she was… the person he had been dying to see … sleeping peacefully by his side… her angelic face just few inches away from his.

Karin

His eyes widened in disbelief. She wasn’t a dream… she was real… breathing…beside him.

The desire to hold her was so strong for he feared that any moment, she would again disappear. He was fighting the urge to do so, not wanting to interrupt her slumber but clearly, he was losing his own battle. His left arm moved on its own, carefully wrapping itself around her waist whi

Please log in to read the full chapter