Chapter 1. I want you here now

Your No.1 Fan (The Sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Lightning flashed, cutting through the dark heavens and thunder rumbled above making the surrounding atmosphere dark and gloomy. It was followed by a desperate cry that echoed throughout the compound. “Open the door please! And let me explain!”

He continued calling out her name desperately, hurting his fist as it made hard contact on the sturdy wood. He kept banging the wooden door, helpless and hopeless. “I’m so sorry! But this is a misunderstanding.”

“Just stop. I don’t want to hear another word from you!” A female voice yelled from inside the unit.

Rain then poured heavily, drenching the guy who knelt on the ground, as tears dripped down his face. His red and puffy eyes stared hard on the door that kept him separated from her. 

“Karin, wait!”

A deep male voice called as a girl burst out of the apartment unit.

A circular shadow suddenly covered him and he couldn’t feel the rain pricking his skin. He looked up and saw their youngest neighbour holding a blue umbrella over his head.

“Th-thank you,” he sniffed, wiping his tears away.

“Don’t mention it. You shouldn’t stay out in the rain or you’ll get sick,” she replied in concern.

“Aish, Karin, I told you to wait. What if that guy is drunk?” Another figure holding an umbrella appeared and the guy recognized him to be another one of their neighbours.

“Jin, he isn’t and could you please show a little sympathy?” she raised a brow at her best friend.

Looking back at the guy, Karin offered her hand and said, “Let’s go inside my apartment to get you dried up.”

He stared at the outstretched hand then at the eyes of the girl and saw genuine kindness. He reached for it and stood up. “Thank you, but I’ll stay here until she opens the door and listens to me.”

Another sharp light tore the heavens and thunder roared after less than second.

“Let’s go inside. The interval was just too close for safety. We might get hit by lightning,” she insisted, worry was heard from her voice. Taking one last look at the door, he finally agreed.

 

The sweet aroma of chocolate mixed with coffee filled her unit as Hyunseung told them about the unfortunate incident last night when his girlfriend, Eunhee, saw him kissing another girl inside the bar.

“She should’ve listened to you and trusted you,” Jin sniffed, rubbing his eyes.

“I don’t know what to do,” Hyunseung sobbed and the two guys broke down in tears, patting each other’s back. “Don’t cry.”

Karin stared at them, feeling a bit awkward. “And what did Jin tell me about butting into other people’s business? I never thought seeing two guys cry in front of me would feel this weird.”

“Hyunseung-shii, don’t give up just yet. Try again tomorrow or later when the rain stops. Jin and I will help you,” she

Please log in to read the full chapter