Chapter 10. The Night

Your No.1 Fan (The Sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“THAT BASTARD! I AM SO GONNA GET HIM!” His loud voice echoed within the confines of the closed space. “I’ll make him pay,” he growled. He let go of Karin and opened the bathroom door with such force, causing eavesdroppers to fall face down on the floor. Donghae, in his anger, completely ignored them as he marched towards the main door. He had enough of the stalker and his games. Three straight weeks without her was tormenting and his heart would never want to go through that again. She was his life and without her is death. And anyone who gets in between should be completely erased in this planet. Those were the thoughts playing in his mind.

“Wait!” she called, while helping her oppas on their feet. Karin panicked for she had never seen him flare up like this before. She feared that he might end up hurting himself. “Jagiya!” She ran after her fuming boyfriend; the others scrambling to their feet.

Control and patience completely abandoned, Donghae stepped outside when a figure appeared before him, blocking his path. And before Donghae could shove him away, the guy placed his hands on stiff shoulders, and said “Hyung, relax,” in an attempt to dissipate the anger that clouded the older one’s judgment. “We will get them for sure,” he promised, determination etched in his eyes. “But Karin needs to make an appearance at the embassy tomorrow.”

Tensed shoulders dropping, Donghae nodded in understanding and the younger let go of his hyung, to smile at the person by the door.

“Jin,” Karin sighed, smiling in relief as she hugged her best friend. “Glad you came,” she mumbled in his chest and the guy let out a hearty chuckle. Jin left earlier for work and decided to check on Karin. It was a wise move that he did.

“Ehem.”

Jin quickly released her upon hearing the warning sound and Donghae pulled her close to him. “You shouldn’t be hugging another guy in front of me,” he feigned jealousy while she narrowed her eyes at him.

“You weren’t listening. I don’t want to hug someone who doesn’t pay attention to me!” she huffed, pushing him away and he froze, dumbfounded. Karin spun around with a smirk on her lips and the guys gulped to see this other side of her. Someone’s gonna get whipped, they thought.

“Who wants dinner?” she asked the others, who were still in a state of shock and they slowly raised their hands, unsure of what they were supposed to do. “Good. I made food earlier. I’ll just heat it up really quick.”

The mention of food was sweet music to their ears for their stomachs have been grumbling in protest for quite some time. Cheers erupted in the living room and all of them eagerly followed her to the dining table like obedient little kids, while one dragged his feet, sulking.

He watched her move about with his sad eyes, hoping that she would look his way. But she never granted it. Everyone was already in their seats, except Donghae who remained rooted in his feet with his head bowed low.

Her silence made him think back on his actions, on how he let his anger completely take over him. And he mentally scolded himself for not thinking things through.

Karin placed the main dish on the table and served the members while Donghae longingly watched from a distance. If not for Leeteuk, he wouldn’t find it in himself to take a place in the dining table. She went back to the kitchen to get the side dishes and he took that opportunity to talk to her. His heart could not handle the lack of her warmth. And knowing that he caused it just added his guilt.

“Jagiya,” he called softly as he approached Karin who was busy in the kitchen counter. “I’m sorry.” He lowered his head, afraid to see the disappointment or annoyance in her face – the angelic face he loves.

“Why are you apologizing?” She asked turning her body to face him, voice calm but he couldn’t decipher the emotion behind her words.

“For letting my anger get the better of me,” he confessed, eyes staring at the floor. “For making you worry, for not listening and for making you mad at me.”

“Come here.”

He looked up and saw her arms opened wide to accept him. A wide smile broke out in his face as he closed the distance between them, savouring her warmth. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry, jagiya. It won’t happen again. I love you,” he mumbled

Please log in to read the full chapter