Chapter 9. Foreigner

Your No.1 Fan (The Sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

As soon as the door closed shut, Jin and Karin sighed at the same time and fell on the couch, laughing at the events that transpired earlier. It was one chaotic yet sweet morning. When their laughter died down, her head automatically found its way to his shoulder - a habit that stayed with her even after having a boyfriend for it was another kind of comfort which her best friend could only give.

It was during these moments that she was thankful for having him as her best friend. Jin had definitely grown mature. Yes, he still has his episodes of foolishness but he had proven himself to be more dependable. Before, it was the other way around. It has always been her looking out for him.

A faint melody cut through the silence occupying the whole apartment. They both turned to each other, eyes blinking as they saw an unfamiliar number flashing in the screen of her phone.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

While the routine tasks of an artist drained him of energy for consecutive weeks now, all those seemed to be not in the least bit tiring. Donghae was obviously energized and too lively than usual; even to a higher degree compared when things were going smoothly between them and there was no stalker. Nothing could erase the goofy smile in his face – a smile that piqued the interests of those people other than his hyungs and dongsaengs.

Their curiosity was slowly eating them up, that one of their make-up noonas snapped.

“Spill. What happened to you?” she slightly turned the chair so that he would face her. “Just yesterday, I had a hard time making you look presentable but now, it’s as if you don’t need my help at all.”

But Donghae remained silent, smiling even more widely.

“Oh my goodness! You… you… and that face!” His noona glared at him while biting back her smile as she sensed that something good happened to him. He probably looked even more adorable – a look that the other Super Junior members have grown sick of seeing ever since he met Karin.

“Aish,” the older female breathed in exasperation knowing that the boy would not in the least explain himself.

Taunts and pranks ensued as the other boys attempted to erase the smile on his smile but all their efforts were in vain. Nonetheless, they were truly happy for him and Karin. Their efforts paid off. And the next thing to do is for their plan to catch the culprit to commence. They knew what they were getting themselves into but for the sake of one brother, it would be worth it.

As all attention focused on him, not one noticed a hand that tightened around a metal handle, eyes burning with so much fury and hate.

She’ll be out of your life soon enough…

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The day seemed to be longer as Donghae gazed at the time in his watch. He had been doing it for the past ten minutes after six. He did his very best, careful not to make a mistake or suffer a few more hours without her by his side. Donghae was itching to go home. And the others were aware of that. Just to tick him off a bit, the mischievous members of Super Junior purposely delayed their time off. They were in the midst of a photo shoot and they were obviously goofing around.

“Another take.”

The photographer’s kind voice soon irritated his ears after saying those two words repeatedly. Then, he caught the glint in Eunhyuk’s eyes followed by the snickers of the other members and he knew what they were doing. Fists clenched, he sent threatening glares to each and every one of them ending their fun.

“Do it right,” he hissed under his breath and they did.

With the last of their activities for that day finished, it was now time for Super Junior to head home and for Donghae to spend time with Karin.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The trip back to their unit felt like ages as Donghae fidgeted in his seat, constantly checking out the window if they were anywhere near home.

Shindong lifted the box lid gently and peeked inside only for Donghae to push the cover down. “It’s for Karin,” he warned and Shindong pouted, longingly staring at the sweet treat.

“Karin is nice unlike you. She will generously share it to us,” Eunhyuk announced, earning cheers from the group and Donghae could only gape and glare at them.

As soon as their van rolled to a stop, Donghae literally jumped off the vehicle and dashed to the eleva

Please log in to read the full chapter