Chapter 8. Morning Bliss

Your No.1 Fan (The Sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Breakfast is ready, your highnesses!” Eunhyuk bowed curtly, with an arm folded across his body while Sungmin and Yesung straightened up as they stood next to him like royal guards. Upon hearing their cue, Ryeowook and Shindong entered the room wearing an improvised toque on their heads- each carrying a tray of food. The two gently laid the trays on the empty bed, bowed to her then positioned themselves next to Sungmin and Yesung.

Was she inside a crazy dream with her boyfriend and Super Junior?

Speechless and confused, Karin only managed to acknowledge them with a small nod before throwing a questioning glance at Donghae. Her jagiya was now sitting on the left side of the bed, blaming s for his lost chance. He was so close to his heaven that he could taste it, only for it to slip away.

Staring at his best friend in disbelief, he fumed, “Seriously?! You just have to barge in like that for food?”

“Jagiya,” Karin tried to pacify her frustrated boyfriend, holding his hand and rubbing it gently.

Ignoring Donghae’s protests, Eunhyuk went on with his business – presenting the dishes they prepared with an air of sophistication – causing the former to arch his brow in annoyance, melting the eggs and bacon with his fiery glare.

Seeing that Donghae is incapable of saying anything nice, Karin faced her oppas with a smile. “Komawo, oppa. You shouldn’t have… I mean… I could have helped you.”

“It’s nothing sweet princess,” Eunhyuk winked, causing Donghae’s eyes to gape at him, even more when he saw her cheeks blush a light shade of pink.

“Ja-jagiya!” He protested, glancing at Eunhyuk who mocked him with a grin then at his girlfriend who lowered her head in embarrassment.

“If there is anything els-“

“There is nothing else. Now, leave.”

Donghae cut Eunhyuk abruptly and motioned his hand for them to leave.

“Wa-wait!” Karin called out after gaining her composure, ignoring the pouting Donghae on her side.

“What’s going on? What am I doing here?” She finally voiced out the questions running in her mind ever since she opened her eyes. “I… I shouldn’t be here… I can’t…” She shook her head and pushed herself out of bed.

Panic rising within him, Donghae quickly grabbed her hand, “Jagiya, what are you saying?” He just had his wish granted, he didn’t want to end it so soon.

“The stalker,” she said worriedly and he could see fear in her eyes as well. Donghae hurriedly jumped out of bed and trapped her in his arms, afraid that he would lose her again. “Jagiya, I won’t let him get near you.” It was now his turn to do the comforting.

But Karin simply shook her head and pushed him gently, “No. We can’t be seen together.”

“But I can’t let you go. I missed you so much. Do you know how much I wanted to see you?” he reasoned, looking deeply into her eyes. The longing, his love, his pain – she saw it all.

“I’m sorry,” she said in a soft voice, her hands cupping his face. “It is the only way I could think of protecting you.”

With that, she unclasped his hands from her waist and smiled at him, asking for his understanding. His chest tightened, a familiar feeling gripping his heart as he helplessly watched her walk towards the door.

“Jagiya, please stay,” he called softly and she kept herself from looking back.

Turning the silver metal knob, Karin opened the door and yelped.

Startled by her scream, Donghae almost flew towards the door and saw Jin with a wide grin plastered on his face, hands tucked in his jean pockets as he rocked himself back and forth.

“You!” Karin cried, holding on to her rapidly beating heart. “YOU,” her eyes widened, poking a finger on his chest. “I should have known. So this is the mountain inn you were talking about?” she huffed, her eyebrow arched in annoyance. Jin invited her to an overnight stay in a mountain inn after they watch Inkigayo. She even packed clothes for it.

The guy nodded, laughing at his best friend. If only he had his camera within reach, he would’ve taken her photo.

“Jin!”

“Ouch! Why did you do that?!”

Karin raised her hand and Jin backed away, not wanting to experience the sting once again.

“Why did you bring me here? You know very well of our situation,” she said, clearl

Please log in to read the full chapter