Chapter 6. Calm storm

Your No.1 Fan (The Sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

A burst of light replaced the darkness, and Karin smiled to see the clear blue sky that reflected the ocean. The color reminded her of a talented and adorable group of idols who never failed to touch her heart in everything they do; especially a particular someone in that group whose expressive eyes shine whenever he looked at her, whose strong arms would securely wrap her in a warm and tight embrace, whose cute smile never failed to paint a smile on her face, whose childish antics make her laugh, whose sweet voice melt her, whose thoughtfulness make her feel special, and whose love becomes her strength.

Just like how the darkness was dispelled, the purpose of the stalker was unveiled. Under the pretense of being obsessed with her, all that person wanted was to drive her jagiya to the edge, to act recklessly and uncover their relationship. It all made sense now. She had a strong feeling that the person or persons behind had suspicions about them. How? She had no idea. They were careful, but apparently not enough. But she knew, they weren't certain. That's why they need proof. And she won't be giving them that proof without a fight.

Karin arrived safely back to her unit that evening. She never told any of her friends, even Alexa, what had happened, not wanting to ruin their excursion. Exhausted, she dropped on her couch, wrapping her arms around a pillow. She stared at the cream colored ceiling and contemplated on her decision. Karin had thought about it several times even before Ryeowook contacted her. A tear carelessly fell on the side of her face as the pain in Donghae's voice and how much he pleaded with her replayed on her mind. Her heart crushed even more when she ended the call without settling the issue with him.

Her phone vibrated for the umpteenth time that day. Without looking, she knew who it was. She sighed heavily and reached for the device but she withdrew her hand all of a sudden. Pushing herself up, Karin went to her room, carrying her bag. It was time to turn the tables.

Seconds turned to hours and into days. It was an agonizing ordeal. He waited night and day for her to make that call; Karin wasn't answering any of his and it was pure torment. In his heart, he knew that she was only trying to protect him and their relationship but the fear of her getting into harm's way was so overwhelming. His eyes were red and puffy, not to mention the dark bags that formed underneath. Their make-up artists took more time and effort on him just to cover it up.

"Aigoo, this kid. What have you been doing? You are old enough to take care of yourself." One of his noonas scolded, lightly hitting his arm and he just half-smiled in response.

"Girl problems? You can talk to hyung about it," one of their managers offered jokingly completely oblivious that he hit the bull's eye.

Everyone laughed, the other members nervously smiling while checking up on Donghae who doesn't seem to mind at all. He looked calm at the surface, smiling and doing his work professionally, but the other members could feel the raging storm inside him. A storm that got stronger as the days passed.

Everyone was having a great time; or so they thought. The bright and cheerful atmosphere covered up a jealous aura emanating from the corner of the room.

Just a little more and that girl won't bother you.

The sun had just peeked behind the clouds, the fog clearing in his path as he did his morning jog. He did not require much to hide his face, a mask and the hood of his jacket completed the job. Besides, no one seemed to have noticed. This was his way to prepare himself for the long day ahead- physically, mentally and emotionally.

I miss you so much. When will I see you again? Jagiya... Hurry and come to me. I feel so lonely without you.

Turning le

Please log in to read the full chapter