Chapter 4

I'm Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mir took another glance at his watch. “Ouhhoo I need to get ready fast, Sangbae would be here soon.”

With that, he turned back to the mirror in front of him and fixed his brown hair a little bit, but then stopped for a few seconds to end up grinning to himself; the one in the mirror. “Yahh~~ Mireu-yah.. You are one fine and good looking boy. No one can defeat you cool and handsome image!” He grinned and looked at the image of himself proudly before then finally went for the jacket he hung at the door of his room. He grabbed the jacket and headed to the living room with a smile.

Knowing that he would be going to a theme park, the cute maknae decided to put just a simple white t shirt with a black three quarter pants -- just a simple casual outfit for the day – yet he still look as fashionable as he always had. Mir was just about to have his seat on the couch when suddenly the door bell rang twice.

“Ahh~~ that must be him!” Mir went for the main door; still with his addicting cute grin. The boy then unlocked the grey wooden door and to his view, he saw that one young boy -- being only about a month younger than him, standing in front of the door with his usual sweet smile.

“Sangbae ah~!” Mir jumped in excitement a little, showing how much he was happy to see the other boy being the one who was standing in front of him now. Having the thought of spending the day off doing something he always wanted to do just could not stop Mir from grinning at the younger ex MBLAQ member, earning a soft chuckle from the younger.

“Yah~ Cheolyong ah~ are you that happy huh?” Sangbae chuckled at the way the MBLAQ’s maknae greeted him. Mir just nodded in excitement, thinking of nothing but the things he would do for the day.

“Of course I’m happy, Kim Sangbae! I’ll have my day at the theme park~~ I get to ride all the rides, playing the games there and I get to finally eat the ice cream we used to have during our trainee years before too! Oh, Sangbae ... Thank you for accompanying me today~” Mir ‘aegyo’ed a little and ended up laughing to himself.

He then turned to the couch in the living room. “Sangbae ah, wait for awhile. I want to take my jacket first, and then we can go. Wait for a second, okay?” 

Suddenly, as Mir was about to pace his feet back into the living room, Sangbae pulled the maknae’s right hand slowly, pulling the boy to be back at the place he was standing earlier.

“Wait,” Sangbae said, this time with a slightly lower tone; he was as if trying to keep the conversation only between the two. Mir just looked at Sangbae with a frown; feeling a little bit confused over the younger’s action.

Instead of immediately continuing the sentence he left hanging earlier, Sangbae chose to remain in silence. The pause he took after that one word he said to make Mir confused was quite long and he nearly intended to just take it as a whole stop to his sentence.

Sangbae still hesitated on whether he should or should not continue asking Mir about Joon. He definitely did not want to make the maknae of the group sadder by asking the same question every time he and Mir meet up but that was the least of what he could do to save Mir and Joon’s relationship. He knew Mir must have not remembered anything about it yet as he seemed to be so confused and quite annoyed over Joon’s cold actions towards him. ‘He must have not remembered anything yet.. Cheolyong ah.. It’s been a year. Joonie hyung’s suffering..’

“Sangbae..? Sangbae ah..” Mir waved his hands a few times in front of the black-haired younger boy to pull him back to reality. “Yah, are you okay? What’s wrong? What was the thing you wanted to tell me?”

Sangbae gulped once, locking his gaze into Mir’s two eyes. For a few seconds, the two just exchange gazes towards each other before Sangbae finally opened up his mouth. He peeked inside the house to scan for the figure of someone he was looking for but he was nowhere to be seen inside the living room.

The boy turned back towards Mir and smiled slightly. “ Cheolyong ah, where is Joonie hyung?” the question Sangbae gave received nothing but just a shrug.

“Does he know about this..? Did you tell him that we are going to the theme park?” Sangbae asked again; still earning no words from Mir in response. It was just that this time Mir nodded instead of responding with a shrug like he did earlier.

Sangbae turned back to the living room and again back to Mir. He did that for a few times before ended up looking at Mir straight in his eyes. “Do you mind if he joins us? I am thinking of having Joon hyung with us to the theme park as well..is that okay?”

Mir did not do anything; no facial expressions or words that can be accounted as his answer towards the question given to him.

“So..? Are you okay with that?” Sangbae asked once again, this time he was as if urging the boy to answer him no matter what happened.

Slowly, Mir finally responded by a single nod. “Y-yeah.. It’s okay..I guess..” he stuttered a little, remembering how he and Joon acted in front of each other just now. Mir thought that this trip to the theme park might be a little help to the awkward relationship between both of them and so why must he be against it? ‘Sangbae is just wanting to help..’ he whispered in his heart.

With that response, Sangbae immediately went inside the dorm, disappearing from Mir’s view at once. The young boy paced his way inside, eventually knocking on the door of Joon and Thunder’s shared room before going inside the bedroom. Meanwhile, Mir chose to just stand there and wait for the two to finish their conversation (or whatever they might call that) rather than going inside and facing the same awkward atmosphere again. Yeah, to Mir, being with Joon was always awkward; he did not even know why that happened in the first place.

Sometimes it made Mir wonder ... about what Sangbae was thinking about Joon. He could barely have his days meeting and spending time with Sangbae without the boy mentioning anything about Lee Joon. ‘Is Sangbae..having a special feeling towards Joonie hyung..?’ Mir almost mumbled those words out but he was conscious enough to let the thought be kept only to himself.

The door then creaked open, reve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter