First and Second Promise (As Kids)

The Pinky Promise

(Jiyoung's POV)

I woke up with Fluffy on the bed. Kikwang was gone. I got off the bed and left to the bathroom without noticing anything. I opened the door and saw Kikwang taking a shower. “Yah  How did you get in here? ” He screamed and grabbed the curtains to cover himself. I ran out as fast as possible.

“What did I just see?” I asked myself. “Okay Jiyoung how old are you?” I counted my fingers and sat down right in the hallway with my back on it. “1, 2, 3  I’m eight ”

“So you’re eight huh?” I looked up and saw him.

“How... how did you get out so fast?” I asked him. He smirked.

“You took forever counting and I took five minutes to get dressed.” He said and his hand was out in front of me to help me up.

“Oh....” I puffed my cheeks and got up on my own. “Then how old are you?” I asked him.

“I’m eleven.” He smiled as I walked to the bathroom and washed up. I got out and Kikwang was watching T.V.

“Hey, want to go outside and play out in the rain?” He asked and turned off the T.V.

“But what about clothes?” I asked.

“Got that covered. We could wear rain coats. Be right back.” He left to his room and came back with two rain coats.

“But it’s really raining outside. What if we get sick?” I said as he put on a rain coat.

“Come on” He said and put the coat on me. He dragged me out by holding my hand.

“I miss this kind of feeling of not being alone.” He said and faced the crying sky.

“No one comes and visits you or anything?” I asked him.

“No. I have no cousins or friends anywhere.” He said still in his position. Suddenly a powerful wind came and blew my coat away and I was soaking wet.

“The coat ” I tried going after it but I fell into a kind of big pool of water. The thing was that, I didn’t know how to swim.

“Help ” I shouted as water rushed down my mouth.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Yah, are you okay?” I slowly opened my eyes and saw him worried. “Are you okay?” He said once again. I nodded and coughed out water.

“Mianhae., I’ll be careful next time.” He scratched his head and slightly smiled.

“It’s okay, but don’t force me anymore.” I stuck out my tongue. He held up his pinky. “Promise.”

“What?” I said confused.

“It’s a pinky promise that can’t be broken.” He grinned.

“Oh... What if it gets broken?” I asked.

“Hm... You could do anything you want.” He answered.

“Okay” I simply answered and hooked my pinky with his and started coughing. I suddenly felt hot. Kikwang placed his hand on my forehead.

“You’re... You’re burning.” His said and got up.

“Lets go inside.” I nodded and stood up. As I walked my calf pulled and I screamed in pain.

“Gwenchana?” He came and helped me. His back was facing me and crouched. “I’ll give you a piggy back ride.” He got me on his back. Me and my clumsiness are useless. “You wanna know something?”

“Hm?” I puffed my cheeks.

“You’re so heavy I’m going to die.” He laughed while I playfully punched him then coughed.

“Lee Kikwang, you’re a tupid ” I said as we got inside.

“A tupid? What’s that?” He asked confused.

“My version of a babo ” I answered.

“Oh~ Like you. Okay I got it.” He took me to his room and placed me on his bed.

“What are you doing? I’m still wet.” I said.

“I’ll look for new clothes.” He smiled and searched then he found clothes. I left to his bathroom and changed quickly and came out. “Lay down on the bed and stay warm, okay?” He pleaded.

“But it’s still...” I coughed. “It’s noon ”

“You’re sick now go to sleep. Please?” He made a puppy face.

“Not that sick  And plus didn’t we make a promise that you won’t force me anymore?” I protested.

“We did, but you’re sick. I don’t want you sick. I want you to get better sooner so we could play more.” He grinned then begged me.

“Fine  I’ll go to sleep ” I jumped on the bed then covered myself with the blanket.

(Kikwang’s POV)


Two months gone by and we’ve gotten closer. The rain never stopped. Each day, Jiyoung would check outside to see if there was no more. Every night, she cries, she gets scared. Even though we are close, she doesn’t want to stay here anymore. When she cries, I have this feeling of wanting to comfort her, to be there for her. She usually go to the window to see if the rain had stopped then we play some games or we get to know each other better then when it comes to night, she cries quietly. “Kiki!” Jiyoung shouted and bugged me.

“What?”I asked.

“The rain stopped!” She grinned happily. Somehow it hurted me knowing that the rain stopped. She will be going home soon.

“Yah, lets make a promise!” I smiled.

“I get to pick!” She was really happy today. I nodded.

“Hm... Promise me that you will go with me to find my family today.” She held out her pinky. I didn’t know it was this soon.

“I... What if... What if we don’t find them today?” I was shocked and scared. Scared to let her go.

“Come on promise me.” She pouted. I felt like crying but I held it in and smiled.

“Okay.” I nodded and hooked our pinky together. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

So what do you think? Hehe I've been busy with school latelty so not much time to update much.

(Updated Aug. 28, 2010 Saturday 11:22 AM)