Chapter 5

Stranger Than Fiction

As soon as he was back inside the dorm, Minho all but ran for his laptop. In the process he was stopped by Key’s whining at their leader in the bedroom. “But hyung, we need to get rid of it! Jonghyun is claiming that we can’t though and it’s driving me mad!”

“Why can’t you just sort it out with him?”

Key sighed dramatically. “Because you know how he gets when he makes up his mind.”

“Am I his keeper then?” Onew sounded tired. “Or am I your keeper?”

“What?! No bu-”

“Stop involving me in your bull. You’re both old enough to do it yourselves. Do I look like the ing zookeeper here?!”

Onew then slammed the notebook he had been working in on his bed and stormed passed Minho out to the balcony. Turning his attention to Key, he found the boy was holding his hands up, his eyes wide with shock. Minho entered the room and put his bag down, which broke the older boy out of his state.

“Woah!” Key shook his head. “Did you hear that?”

“Mm, is Onew hyung alright?”

“Clearly not, he’s been biting our heads off for weeks now. But I didn’t expect him to swear at me like that. How rude! I can’t believe him!”

“He’s probably stressed out or something,” Minho suggested and Key rolled his eyes, placing a hand on his hip.

“Aren’t we all stressed? Our jobs aren’t exactly easy.”

“But Onew is our leader; he carries all our stress too.”

Key shook his head. “He’s been carrying it for years and never been this cranky before. He’s like a girl on her-”

“What the hell are you both talking about?” Jonghyun wondered as he stepped in on the conversation. He was clutching a plant in his arms.

Key gasped irritably. “Are you really going to keep a hold of that thing?! It’s dead Jonghyun!”

“It’s not dead, it’s just the heat. I’m going to ask Noona if she can help me. If it’s not better soon, then I’ll throw it out, deal?”

Minho looked between his hyungs and cocked his head to the side. “Wait, are you two fighting over a plant?”

“It is a nuisance dropping all its leaves in the kitchen sink from the sill it’s been sitting on-”

“And I said I was going to clean them up when it does!” Jonghyun bit back.

Quietly getting up, Minho retreated from the bedroom, taking his laptop with him into the clothes room. After turning on the light and almost tripping over Key’s bags of new clothes, he took himself over to a corner and sat down.

He was soon aware that he wasn’t alone. Taemin sat across the room in the other corner, his expression unreadable apart from the blush still colouring his cheeks. He then darted his eyes down to the computer and back up again.

Minho watched the boy carefully before talking. “Are you alright Taem?”

“Me? Yep, fine.”

“Is it alright if I am in here too?” Minho continued, as Taemin fidgeted a little. The youngest nodded too enthusiastically. “You sure?”

“I was just about to leave anyway so…” Getting up quickly, Taemin knocked his head on the shoes rack and his laptop dropped towards the floor. Minho tried to save it and managed to catch it before it hit the ground.

Grinning happily, he looked up at Taemin. “Good save yeah?”

The boy didn’t respond, his eyes glued on the screen in horror. Minho turned his attention to the device, the headphones blocking out the volume that matched the video. Snapping his eyes back to the extremely embarrassed boy, Minho shut the computer lid and handed it back, turning away awkwardly.

Taemin approached him for his computer, and then crouched down, getting close to Minho. “Don’t tell anyone what you just saw.”

“Well, uh, watching those kinds of videos are natural for any guy of your age. I guess I just didn’t expect you to have an interest.”

“I don’t,” Taemin stated sternly before departing the room with haste. Minho blinked slowly, his mind still seeing the images that had been playing on Taemin’s screen.

He then let out a deep breath. “This dorm has officially gone crazy.”

Minho then looked down at his own laptop and remembered what he was going to do. Quickly loading it up and typing in the web address he required, he found himself in the fan-fiction section of their international forum, scrolling through to find the fiction he was after. It was no longer easily found on the first page so he found it by searching, hurriedly flipping through the chapters until he reached the desired one.

Donghae laughed happily as he managed to get a score in, whilst Minho grumbled incoherently. The younger boy hated losing, even when it was a friendly match with his Super Junior hyung. He hurried to grab the ball, but Donghae with it. Unable to resist anymore, Minho pushed his hyung down, laughing at the shocked expression on his face. It wasn’t long before he met the ground also, Donghae’s laughter booming around the field after tripping him up. The pair wrestled for the ball playfully until they were breathless, sitting beside each other and enjoying the time together. Minho was extremely happy, loving any interaction he had with his close friend.

“Too close for comfort,” he mumbled and leaned back against the shelves behind him. Minho took in the attitudes around him and tried to match them with the fiction again. Key was shopping with Nicole, and being dramatic like in the fiction. But Minho couldn’t see how those qualities warranted him as gay instantly, even if he didn’t completely understand his hyung’s taste in fashion. He glanced over at the bags on the floor, and after placing the laptop down; he crawled over to peer inside of them. He jumped back when he found a pair of red lacy , throwing them back into the bag as if they electrocuted him. He shot back across the room towards his laptop, holding onto it as if it protected him from what was clearly a girl’s pair of underwear. Not wanting to explore Key’s uality anymore, he focussed on the next person.

Jonghyun had still been up and down in his emotions. Minho couldn’t quite understand why he was trying to save the plant, when he had never seen the boy ever pay attention to it in the first place. He decided he couldn’t give a solid answer to him and moved along to Taemin. In the fiction he was supposed to be sleeping around with many girls. Minho instantly shook his head, but stopped as the recent events with the rated movie reappeared in his head.

“Could he be?” Minho asked aloud, remembering how much Taemin had been looking at his phone lately. Moving along as quickly as he had with Key, he finally landed on Onew. It wasn’t as if they had never heard the eldest swear before, but he certainly wasn’t acting normal. Minho’s gaze fell back to the screen and read Donghae’s name. He sat upright instantly, examining himself. Was he really a hyung as described in Maddie’s fiction?

He didn’t have the answers yet. But he was certain that he was going to monitor everyone’s behaviour more closely. It was starting to scare him how alike they were to Maddie’s fiction, and he wondered if he needed to contact the author to find out how she came up with these opinions on SHINee.

 

______________________
Author's Notes... 
Half way in this mini fiction already! Goodness I love this chapter. Catching Taemin watching , Jonghyun and his plant - not to mention Minho thinks he's a hyung ! It's only going to get crazy from here out as he keeps trying to match them to Maddie's fiction!

Again no comments ;;  But that's okay because more people are reading so hey to the new readers, I hope you all let me know what you think of the story when it's done ^^