Where The Night Sky and The Ocean Meet

♡ Between Braids and Kisses ♡

Taemin walked through the sand, swept in a way too thick cardigan, considering that it was still very hot outside. The Sun was about to go down very soon, but that didn’t mean that it was about to get chilly outside – It was usually hot all time of the day in the summer. It was both a gift and a curse, especially if you preferred rain and cold days, over sun and warmth. Taemin, however, enjoyed the warmth, especially in the night! It was so great to be able to walk outside in the dark without freezing your off.

“Oh God, exactly where was I supposed to go again?” Taemin asked himself as he looked around. Kai invited him a date earlier that day, and Taemin was told to go to the beach, but he didn’t exactly remember where on the beach he had to go – the beach itself was pretty huge, so it could take forever for him to find his boyfriend.

There wasn’t a long time left of the summer break, so Taemin really wanted to spend as much time with Kai as possible. He wanted to stay at his place, even if Taemin’s parents didn’t exactly like the thought of it. Even if Taemin could still feel people staring at him as he walked on the streets, whether he was walking alone or hand in hand with Kai. The thought of permanently staying at Kai’s place made Taemin’s cheeks turn slightly pink, forcing his lips into a small, sheepish smile, which he couldn’t help. He would love to live with Kai, always. He would love to wake up to his handsome face every morning and eventually just stay in bed and snuggle in his embrace all day.

“Taemin!” someone suddenly called, forcing Taemin out of his own thoughts and back to reality – a reality that could still seem like a perfect dream from time to time. Taemin lifted his head slightly and looked up at the person calling, seeing Kai standing a bit away, waving at him as if he was checking if Taemin had gotten blind or something.

“J-Jonginnie,” Taemin mumbled quietly, smiling sweetly at his younger boyfriend. Kai was standing in the sand at a place that could seem like the end of the beach. There wasn’t really any houses around, only very few quite a bit away. At this part of the beach, there were quite a lot of hills and cliffs, surrounding the sand in the opposite direction as the water, kind of isolating this part of the beach from the rest. It was almost like some kind of big, open cave – open, yet isolated and cozy, and they had the best view of the ocean. It was a place, where they wouldn’t really be disturbed by anyone else, it seemed, since they were alone.

“Like this place I found?” Kai grinned just before he hid halfway behind some of the big rocks, which made this place a perfect hiding place, too. Taemin just laughed softly as he walked up to his younger boyfriend.

“It’s really nice here…” Taemin said, looking around but eventually getting slightly silent as he saw how Kai had prepared a nice place where they could stay while watching the sunset. It was a white, thick blanket, laid out on the sand with a small basket with different kinds of beverages that they could enjoy, like some kind of romantic dinner. Taemin saw how there were some trays of take-away sushi, but that was probably just because Kai didn’t know how to cook – and Taemin was sure that he wouldn’t even dare to try and taste his food, since he treasured his life a little bit too much to get poisoned.

“Whoa, it’s really nice,” Taemin said, feeling his cheeks turning slightly pink at the sight of the place where they would be staying this date.

“Do you like it?” Kai almost beamed as he wrapped his arms tightly around Taemin’s waist, smiling widely all over his face, “It took me so long to figure out how to have a great date with you, yeobo!”

The lovely couple soon sat down on the blanket and it didn’t take long before Kai opened a bottle of champagne that he seemed to like. Taemin felt slightly insecure when it came to alcohol – mostly because he kept thinking at the time when he got high because of those drugs, and he thought that it was actually the same as being drunk.

“Come on, baby, you can drink it, right?” Kai asked as he leaned slightly against Taemin, who just sat with a glass of champagne and stared into the bubbling substance. He frowned his nose slightly before looking at Kai.

“What if I get drunk, yeobo?” Taemin asked. Kai couldn’t help but smirk at that question as he kissed the elder’s cheek.

“Then I’ll just get a nice out of you, wont I?” he laughed softly against Taemin’s ear before he pulled away again. Taemin’s face was completely red at that time, just like a tomato.

“… Y-You wouldn’t, would you?” Taemin asked with a small stutter in his voice.

“Mmh? What do you think?” Kai grinned, “Even though it was you who was coming on to me last time?”

“I-I wasn’t myself back then!” Taemin whined softly, feeling completely embarrassed and shy at the bare thought of the last time such thing happened, “B-Besides, we’re at the beach right now, not in your apartment!”

“Oh?” Kai laughed softly as he scratched his neck slightly, looking away from Taemin, “I was just kidding, yeobo, you know that.”

“… I’m not so sure,” Taemin frowned slightly, “But nonetheless… Why did you decide on going to the beach for a date with me?”

There was a small silence as the elder looked at his younger boyfriend. Kai, however, was just looking out towards the sun, which was slowly disappearing behind the horizon with beautiful red, orange and pink colors in a perfect sunset. Taemin turned his face towards the sunset, too, and became silent as he saw the beautiful sight.

“… Is that why?” Taemin asked, tilting his head slightly without looking away from the sunset. Kai, however, just grinned a little bit.

“No, that’s not the reason why I brought you here, baby,” Kai said as soon as the sun had disappeared behind the horizon, and the night sky had slowly become more and more visible above them. The stars on the sky became lit, one by one, as the couple just sat in the sand and watched.

“Do you remember the first time we talked to each other for real? After the long separation, that is…” Kai asked as he turned to look at his hyung again. Taemin almost had to tear his eyes away from the night sky to look at his younger boyfriend, who was sending him an asking glare.

“Oh… Y-Yeah, I do,” Taemin said with a shy smile, “We talked about what we liked, didn’t we?”

“Yeah, we did,” Kai said with a wide smile as he moved a bit closer to Taemin, eventually letting their sides touch, and wrapping an arm around Taemin’s slim waist. “I remember that you told me that you liked the ocean, because it was peaceful, yet dangerous, right?”

Taemin’s cheeks burned slightly as they grew redder, his eyes never leaving the younger’s. He wasn’t really sure about what he should say now, so he just lowered his eyes slightly and rested his head gently against the shoulder of the younger.

“… You said you liked the night sky,” Taemin then suddenly said, “Because it was beautiful and quiet… Right?”

“That’s right,” Kai whispered quietly while watching the elder’s stunningly beautiful features while his head was rested against his broad shoulder, “The night sky reminds me of you, Taemin.”

Taemin’s heart stopped beating for a small moment as he looked up at Kai with wide, surprised eyes. His heart started racing inside his chest, the butterflies in his tummy started fluttering around once again.

“… T-The ocean reminds me of you, too…” the elder succeeded in letting out, earning a beautiful smile from the younger.

“This place, the beach, is where the night sky and the ocean meet, in the horizon,” Kai said as he turned to look at the horizon where the last beams of the sun had disappeared, and the both of them could now see, how perfectly the colors of the night sky melted together with the ocean, creating a dark, yet beautiful and clear sight, because of the way that they seemed to fit perfectly together, though their differences.

“Whoa…” Taemin grinned lightly, looking at the horizon with Kai with amaze, “I didn’t know you could be this romantic, yeobo…”

Kai’s tanned cheeks turned slightly dark pink at Taemin’s words and the younger looked shyly down, “It’s nothing… I-I just wanna do this for you, that’s all…”

“It’s really sweet, yeobo,” Taemin said, kissing Kai’s cheek softly, “I love you so much, thank you for all this…”

Kai turned his face towards Taemin’s and planted a kiss against his lips, slowly deepening the kiss more and more after some time, “I want you to be mine forever,” Kai whispered quietly as he tightened his grip around Taemin a bit, holding him close and forcing Taemin to put his hands on Kai’s shoulders in order not to fall from a loss of balance.

“I-I wanna be yours always, too,” Taemin stuttered slightly against Kai’s lips as his cheeks grew slightly pink, “L-Let’s not part, okay?”

“… Promise me,” Kai whispered quietly against Taemin’s plump, soft lips.

“P-Promise you?” Taemin asked quietly, looking into Kai’s slightly lid eyes, which showed the small glance of lust.

“Yes, promise me,” Kai whispered back again before he leant in for another kiss, sealing his own lips against Taemin’s in a rough, deep kiss that made Taemin fall backwards onto the blanket in the sand.

“H-How do you want me to promise you?” Taemin asked as he wrapped his arms around Kai’s shoulders to keep him close while their mouths and tongues started battling in the heated kiss. As Kai leant down over Taemin, ending up on top of him, Taemin let his own legs wrap around Kai’s waist, making the younger let out a small, satisfied growl against the elder’s lips.

“How?” Kai breathed between their kissing as he slowly ran his hands over Taemin’s body without looking away from the elder’s dark eyes that seemed to look exactly like the night sky.

“Y-Yeah…?” Taemin whispered quietly, still feeling slightly puzzled.

Kai grabbed Taemin’s waist and pulled him up to sit in the younger’s lap, making the two guys look at each other with blushed cheeks and lustful glares from time to another. The younger kissed softly against the skin of the elder’s neck, eventually moving his lips to his ear, to whisper those words, that Taemin had never thought that he would get the chance to hear, and especially not from him.

“You might be the son of a rich director of a famous company – a company that you are even the only inheritor to, and I might just be a guy, lost somewhere in crime and gang riots…” Kai started, his bare voice making Taemin shiver slightly and lean closer to him.

“W-What are you trying to say, Jongin…?” he whispered quietly as he felt his own body shake slightly in fear, for some reason.

“Lee Taemin,” Kai sighed softly against his boyfriend’s ear as he closed his eyes, his beart starting to beat faster and faster at the thought of the words he was about to let out of his mouth. “Lee Taemin… Please, marry me.” 

_________________________

A/N:

FIRSTLY... I'm sorry for not being able to update!! Ubuuu~! 

But I've been quite busy... Last week I didn't get much sleep either! 

And last weekend, I was at a concert in Berlin, where I met VIXX (AND I TOUCHED MY FUTURE HUSBAND LEO'S HAND WHEN I MET THEM, HUUUIII~) 

But yeah, I'm sorry. ;;o;;

I'll be updating some of my fanfictions now, so please do check them out, if you're subscribing to my other fanfictions! 

... 

I'll be starting on a OCxLeo fanfiction soon, too. Ahem... About space, aliens and spacesoldiers. I hope it'll be awesome~! 

NONETHELESS~!!

COMMENTS ARE LOVE, PEOPLE~