"Am I Juliet, then?"

♡ Between Braids and Kisses ♡

“I love you, my princess Taeminnie,” Kai hummed sweetly, while lying next to Taemin on his bed, with his strong, yet thin, arms around the elder, and a shy smile on his lips.

“I love you too, my prince Kai,” Taemin chuckled softly back while he gently rubbed his nose against his boyfriend’s, earning a small giggle from the younger.

“You’re so perfect for me, Taemin,” Kai smiled, tightening his grip around Taemin’s waist as he leaned into a small peck on the lips, “And as your prince, I promise I’ll protect you forever, understood?”

“A-Arrsou,” Taemin chuckled as he pecked his boyfriend’s plump lips, “B-But… Yeobo?” Taemin looked into Kai’s eyes with his own, beautiful, dark eyes, while his cheeks turned slightly red.

“Mmh? Yes?” Kai asked with a small smile.

“W-Well… I’m still a bit scared, though…” Taemin said, as he suddenly was having a hard time looking into Kai’s dark eyes.

“Scared of what?” Kai asked as he gently put his hand on Taemin’s chin and turned his face against his own, trying to make the elder look into his eyes. And so he did, but his eyes were still flickering like crazy.

“A-At school… Y-You know, that you can’t protect me there…” Taemin stuttered, the words barely able to get out from his mouth properly, “A-And… You know… You know w-who is at school…” Taemin could suddenly feel, how his eyes started hurting slightly, as the tears started pressing on, yet again. He felt really pathetic, that he was crying in front of his boyfriend – someone who even was younger than himself. He felt so embarrassed, that the younger guy had to comfort him, because he was such a crybaby.

However… He did get , but that didn’t mean he liked crying in front of anyone.

“O-Oh…” Kai murmured as he held Taemin close yet again. He knew, that even though he had beaten Joon and G.O up pretty bad, they would still be able to actually hurt Taemin – physically or mentally. Kai wasn’t even allowed at the school grounds, since he didn’t attend the school or anything.

He actually hadn’t attended a school for some years at that time.

“I’m sorry you have to go through such things, Taemin,” Kai sighed against Taemin’s red hair while it gently, “I wish I could go wherever you went, but it’s just not that simple, I guess…”

“D-Don’t apologize for that, yeobo…” Taemin smiled sweetly at the younger, “You’re my boyfriend, not my bodyguard.”

“I wish I could be both, though,” Kai said with a small smirk as he kissed the elder’s lips once again, not seeming to get enough of the sweet, sweet taste of his lips against his own. Somehow Kai actually did wish, that they could make out already, even though he knew that Taemin was far from ready. The things Taemin had been through weren’t just something that he would get over right away.

He had to be patient, for Taemin’s fault.

But Kai had to admit, that he was probably too shy to actually dominate over Taemin, and make him his – he was way too shy around him, still.

“Y-You know… I have my finals soon, so… I wont really be able to hang out with you guys for some weeks,” Taemin sighed, looking a bit down, “I’m sorry… But I really want good grades.”

“It’s alright, Tae,” Kai chuckled softly, “Do well, right? I’ll see you after the finals then.”

“R-Really?” Taemin asked, looking at his boyfriend again, who was just smiling warmly at him, so he knew that he meant it. He was so sweet against him, definitely not something you would think by looking at him.

“I know you can do it,” Kai laughed softly, but his laugh was interrupted, as Taemin heard a familiar sound from downstairs. It was the sound of the front door being unlocked and opened, followed by a married couple entering it.

“S-, they’re home already,” Taemin gasped as he sat up and looked at his watch. Well it was about eleven, so it wasn’t that strange that they were here, but he had just hoped, that he would be able to get some more time with Kai, since he wouldn’t be able to see him for quite some time, because of his finals.

“I should get going then,” Kai groaned softly as he got up from the bed and headed to the window right away, making Taemin whine softly behind him. The elder gently grabbed his boyfriend’s shirt from behind, pouting cutely at him.

“Y-Yeobo…” he mumbled, sending the younger a pair of doe-eyes that he knew he wouldn’t be able to resist. Kai couldn’t really help but laugh a bit at his hyung, before he leaned in and kissed him goodbye.

“Take care, princess,” he whispered right before their lips met.

“I-I will…” Taemin said shyly back, smiling a little, “You too.”

“I’m always careful,” Kai chuckled as he got out the window and started crawling down the walls of the house, Taemin looking down at him, watching his every move.

“That’s… Not really true,” Taemin laughed softly, winking at the younger as soon as his feet touched solid ground again.

“This is kinda like Romeo and Juliet, don’t you think?” Kai almost had to yell for Taemin to hear it.

“Mmh? Am I Juliet then?” Taemin laughed down at him.

“Well I’m the one breaking in to see you, right? Then I must be Romeo,” Kai started laughing, too, “See you soon, princess!” The gang leader then turned around, and took a run for it, before anyone saw him. He was pretty sure, that anyone would be able to see, that he didn’t belong in that neighborhood, and he definitely didn’t want any kind of trouble.

If he one day wanted Taemin’s parents to accept him – some day on the future – then he would have to behave just a little bit.

Well that didn’t mean he would have to stop smoking, did it?

“I miss him already,” Taemin whined a little bit for himself, as he just stood by the window and looked out into the darkness of the night, looking up at the sky. The night sky. It made him smile, for some reason.

Because he remembered his very first private conversation with Kai, where they talked about what they liked. He remembered, that Kai liked the night sky. He could imagine a beautiful wolf, just like Kai, howling at the moon.

Kai was like a wolf in many ways, which was probably why his gang’s name was “The Wolves”. Kai was dangerous, violent, yet shy and calm.

“Taemin, are you still awake?” Taemin heard his mom say from the other side of the door, so he just quickly closed the window, and started looking for his shirt – which he still hadn’t putted on.

“Y-Yeah, I’m still up,” Taemin answered just as his mom opened the door to his room and walked inside, smiling at her beautiful son.

“Did you look in the photo album?” she asked, making Taemin bite his lower lip a little bit.

“Y-Yeah, I did,” he sighed as he sat down on his bed again, “I saw the pictures of my childhood friend, too. I wonder how he is.”

“He was such a good child,” Taemin’s mother sighed as she sat next to her son, and wrapped an arm around his shoulders, “We could maybe, if you want, try and find him?”

Taemin smiled weakly at his mom, “No, it’s okay. Really. I know that dad doesn’t like him,” Taemin sighed, looking a little bit down. He said no, even though he actually did want to see his childhood friend again. It would be so great, and they probably had a lot of things to talk about, too.

“I actually heard something about him a few years ago,” Mrs. Lee said while looking at the picture of Taemin’s childhood friend on the photo album, earning her son’s full attention immediately.

“What did you hear?” Taemin asked quickly, making his mom chuckle lightly at him, but she quickly lost her smile.

“Well… I heard that his life has been rather tough, too, Taemin,” she said, her eyes being slightly serious, “Shortly after we left Daegu, something happened…”

“What happened? Did he get hurt or anything?” Taemin asked curiously, feeling his heart ache a little bit while his mom smiled weakly at him, his hair gently to comfort him.

“His parents were killed in front of him, Taemin. I thought you should know, since you two were so close back then,” she told him, followed by a small sigh as she looked down, “He was then adopted by another Kim family.”

“Adopted?” Taemin looked a little bit down, nodding slightly, “Oh…”

“Yeah… I don’t know if you remember their son, his name is Joonmyeon, you attended the same kindergarten?” Mrs. Lee said, a little of Taemin’s bangs behind his ear before he nodded slightly.

“I-I remember someone with that name, yes,” he mumbled as he felt a few tears in the corners of his eyes. He remembered his friend’s parents, too. They had always been so kind to him, like he was their son. They didn’t hate him, either, when they found out about the whole “engaged” thing their son was having with him.

They just thought that it was cute, seeing such innocent, young love. It was a love, where the only thing that actually made it impossible for the two to marry, was their young age.

Gender didn’t matter.

However, Taemin hadn’t seen the parents for about fifteen years or something, so it didn’t really affect him that much. It just made him slightly sad, that his friend had to go through such horrible things, too.

And he honestly didn’t know, whether or not being was worse than losing your parents at a young age.

He really just wanted to hug him, and tell him that everything was going to be okay.

“Oh well, I’ll leave you alone now, son,” Mrs. Lee said, kissing her son’s cheek softly, “You can just come to me, if you want to talk about anything, understood?” She his silky cheek gently, earning a small smile from his plump lips.

“T-Thanks mom, but I think I’ll be fine,” Taemin assured her, making her face look just a little bit worried.

“Okay, if you say so, Taemin,” she said before she decided to walk out of Taemin’s room, leaving him behind to think the things through, she had just told him.

“… Joonmyeon, huh?” 

_____________________

A/N: 

I LOVE Romeo and Juliet... Enough said. =3=;; 

And Taemin is now even closer to finding out about Kai's identity... Huhuhuh~ 

... 

Comments are love~ <3