Just a Moment of Silence

♡ Between Braids and Kisses ♡

Kai was making a small smirk as he sat back on his crate, leaning a bit back on it and crossing his arms over his well-trained chest.

Taemin’s plan about not making himself blush, had indeed failed, and he was pretty sure that all the people around him could see it.

Oh, and they were all looking at him and Kai, by the way. Even better. They were all waiting for Taemin’s reply to Kai’s ‘dare’, which they probably thought that Taemin would reject or something, because smoking a joint surely wasn’t something everyone should just do. Even Kai didn’t think that Taemin would ever do it, as he had sat back on his crate, watching the sky, as if Taemin wasn’t there.

Taemin’s breath was getting fast, but he was very good at breathing quietly, so no one would notice that he was nervous. He was pretty scared though, that his heart would beat so hard against the inside of his chest, that the people around him would hear it. And it pissed him off so much that Kai was such a ing tease, who thought that he could play with him, just because Taemin wasn’t a badass like himself.

No, he was far from a badass.

Taemin bit his lower lip softly as he turned to look at Amber.

“… C-Can I have it?” Taemin suddenly asked, making all the guys ‘Oooh’ at him in shock, chuckling a bit maybe.

Kai, however, was choking on his own breath, nearly falling off his high-class throne-like crate.

Even Amber seemed stunned and utterly surprised at Taemin’s request, but she then smirked at Kai, a smirk that said something like; ‘Ha! I was right!’ as she handed Taemin her lit joint, making all the gang members whisper around him – all the members apart from Sehun and Luhan, who Taemin was pretty sure was making out somewhere.

Oh , now I’m gonna die… I’ve never smoked before…

Everyone held their breaths, as they watched Taemin, waiting for the result of his very first joint.

And no, Taemin had never ever tried smoking. He hadn’t even touched a cigarette before, and this was way stronger than a cigarette! He usualy held his breath when he had to walk past smoking people on his way to school, because he hated that smoke they exhaled. He didn’t know how to smoke though. Did you just have to inhale through it, or…?

He looked a bit at the slightly crumbled joint, putting the end of it to his mouth, the faint taste of paper and weed already seeming to disgust him. He then started to inhale through it, as he definitely didn’t want to lose to Kai, it would make him seem like a baby, even though he was older than the gang leader.

He was gonna show, how big a badass he was!

And the result?

Taemin felt like he had to die. He was coughing like crazy, almost gasping for air, as he couldn’t breath properly with the smoke stuck in his throat and lungs. His eyes was closed tightly – he didn’t like this feeling at all. Amber even started patting his back gently, trying to help him get the smoke out.

It was now pretty clear to everyone, that it was a very bad idea to let an innocent boy try to smoke weed.

Well, almost everyone thought that it was a bad idea. Yuri, the mean girl who didn’t really like Taemin – it was no secret – was laughing a bit at him, standing on the other side of Kai, clearly not hiding that she was laughing at the cute boy. Her laughter made Taemin want to tell her to shut up, but he couldn’t really do it at that very moment.

He couldn’t even speak.

Instead, Kai shot Yuri a glare that said enough to make her become silent, before he got up and stood in front of Taemin, who had almost finished coughing when Kai surprised him, by pulling at his arms, making him stand in front of him. Taemin, however, quickly looked down, as he didn’t want to cough in Kai’s face – what a great first impression. Yes.

Come here and let me cough in your face instead of kissing you.

“Here, here…” Kai sighed calmly and then lifted Taemin’s arms up in the air, making Taemin able to breathe as he suddenly stopped coughing – he could breathe again. Now, he just looked at Kai with wide eyes and red cheeks, feeling slightly embarrassed from his efforts of smoking a joint.

They stood like that for a few seconds, everyone still holding their breaths and being completely quiet, as Taemin lowered his arms again. He didn’t look away from the younger gang leader, their eyes were completely locked, and Taemin’s heart had never felt so funny in his whole life.

Maybe he was feeling the after-effects on his very short moment of joint-smoking, or else it was just Kai’s eyes that made his heart swoon like that. Those dark pools that showed every part of Kai’s soul, revealing everything about him – apart from those things he hid too well.

“… Is that better?” Kai asked after some time, talking incredibly calm to Taemin, as if he was afraid of scaring a deer away or something by talking too loud.

“Y-Yeah…” Taemin mumbled quietly and finally looked shyly down, as everyone were still looking at him.

… This is awkward…

Taemin could indeed hear his own thoughts yelling at him inside his head, as he looked around at the gang members.

, they’re still looking at me! Now what?!

“Yah! Be nice your hyung! Why did you even let him smoke such crap?” a voice said, making Kai jump a bit and step away from Taemin, who sat down on his chair next to Amber again – Amber, who seemed to have fun smoking the remaining piece of Taemin’s joint. Taemin was looking up at the guy interrupting his and Kai’s moment. He didn’t seem that threatening, but Kai still seemed nervous and careful. Oh, and the guy talking had very big eyes as he looked at Kai with a cold stare, his arms crossed over his chest.

And he wasn’t even that tall...

“He’s your elder, isn’t he? Show him a little respect, will you, Kai? Instead of teasing him,” the guy said, making Kai huff a bit at him and sit down on his crate again.

“Whatever you say, Kyungsoo ‘umma’, but I’m not the one who made him smoke it in the first place,” Kai grumbled and rolled his eyes, looking at Amber from the corner of his dark eyes, “I’m just trying to help by making him feel better! Whoever is Luhan’s friend, is our friend, right?” He turned to look at Kyungsoo again, forcing a small smile.

Those words that came from Kai’s plump, beautiful lips, made Taemin smile a little, but he quickly hid his smile by looking down, still feeling uncomfortable with the whole thing.

“Yah! I thought I was your umma?!” another guy said, pouting slightly. Kai sighed deeply, making a ‘here goes…’ face.

“You are the umma?!” Kyungsoo protested, looking pretty annoyed, “I’m sorry, Suho. But I don’t see you wash their clothes and cook for them!” He stepped in front of this certain ‘Suho’, with a very annoyed face, almost seeming threatening.

Taemin suddenly felt very small, and he actually just wanted to disappear or flee. He didn’t really feel welcome now, being the reason to a fight. He was a bit annoyed that Luhan had just left him, too! Well… Taemin would probably leave all of a sudden with his boyfriend as well… If he had one… Which he didn’t…

“I’m protecting these kids like they were my own!” Taemin suddenly heard Suho protest against Kyungsoo’s statements, so Taemin took the chance to sneak away. He carefully stood up, as all the people were looking at the two guys fighting, and he quietly walked past them all without being found out.

“Taemin, are you okay?” Tao asked carefully as he was the only one who saw that Taemin was about to leave. Taemin just smiled a bit at his Gucci-loving hyung and gave him a small nod.

“Yeah… I just need some fresh air,” he assured Tao before he walked out on the street.

“This is a weird place,” Taemin mumbled to himself, seeming invincible as he disappeared from the wolf pack, where he still didn’t think that he belonged.

All the gang members were now cheering on the two guys, maybe even hoping that they would start a fistfight. What a great place! Fights, joints, and actually violence as well. Taemin definitely didn’t like that place, so he preferred standing on the street, where he could get some fresh air, without the fear of getting the smoke from a joint down his lungs.

Again.

He even felt a bit dizzy from it. It wasn’t much, just a little.

He sat down on the pavement, waiting for Luhan to come back, so he could tell him that he was leaving. He didn’t feel like just leaving him without saying goodbye, that wouldn’t be very nice.

Even though Luhan had left him, just to get laid…

It’s okay… He has a boyfriend who loves him very much… I would have done about the same, too. I know that…

Taemin gave himself a small nod and smiled a bit as he assured himself that everything was going to be alright, and that Luhan hadn’t forgotten about him.

His calm mind was yet to disappear, though…

“So…” a voice behind Taemin suddenly said, “How does it feel to be a stalker, Lee Taemin?” the voice said, which really crept him out. It was a girl’s voice, and there was no doubt which girl it was. It was that girl he didn’t like – Yuri, was it? She was looking at him with cold, y eyes, and Taemin was sure he could almost hear a low growl from her. She was leaning a bit against the wall of the apartment building behind him, having crossed arms and crossed legs too.

Taemin was very surprised in some way, why Kai hadn’t banged her yet? She was beautiful, hot… Had long, dark hair, perfect skin, thin legs and arms, though her evil eyes were a minus.

Or, well… Maybe it was her personality, and her lust for revenge that made Kai reject her every time she wanted something from him.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Taemin said, rolling his eyes slightly at her, even though that was a big lie.

“Oh, really now?” she smirked, walking closer, standing about a meter away from Taemin, “I even heard that you have a whole book filled with pictures of him, stalker.”

W-What?

Those last words confused Taemin. It confused him, but it made him scared as well – it made his heart jump in fear and doubt.

How could she possibly know about his book of pictures? She hadn’t been at his house before or anything? She couldn’t be looking through his window at night or anything, could she? No, Taemin’s room was at the second floor.

“I wonder how Kai will react when he finds out. I am pretty sure we all know what you use them for anyway,” she nearly laughed, trying to humiliate Taemin, and it actually worked. The poor guy was felt more scared than ever. Now he wasn’t scared of Kai finding out he was gay – since Luhan and Sehun were too – he was scared that Kai would find out that Taemin was gay for him. That he would find out about Taemin’s thoughts about him.

What he did while thinking of him…

That would ruin everything.

He would be looked at, as if he was some kind of erted stalker – just like Yuri said.

“P… Please… Don’t tell him…” he heard himself whisper quietly while looking down, not daring to meet Yuri’s judging eyes. 

 

_________________

A/N: 

Hnnngg... You have no idea how I just wish I could make them kiss already... Hahahaha... But that wouldn't be any fun. =.='' ~

I don't like Yuri in this fanfic.. TT she's trying to ruin TaeKai~!! BAAAD GIRL. Not bad meaning good but bad meaning bad ~! 

Oh, yeah... And I should probably remember to thank Linda, my "muse" as she calls herself, for helping me out with the last chapter, since I was a little stuck. ouo' SO THANKS, HONEY~ lub' yew~

One more thing~! I wish I could just hug you all for wanting to read this story~ ;;u;; Love you all too!! <3 

 

- Comments are love! And make me update faster~! ^~^/ <3