Dangerous, Yet Peaceful

♡ Between Braids and Kisses ♡

Yuri started laughing at Taemin’s simple request, looking at him as if he was a moron, which he definitely wasn’t. He was just looking at her with his best doe-eyes he could manage, trying his very best not to cry, since Yuri didn’t seem like one who would keep this whole thing a secret for Taemin’s sake.

No, not at all.

She hated Taemin, it was pretty clear.

“How should I be able to keep that a secret from Kai?” she laughed, covering her lips, “This is the best gossip ever! He’s going to laugh so much, that a simple school kid got the hots for him!” She could barely control herself, while Taemin just felt more and more awkward, and he just wished that he could disappear, so he would never have to come back to them. Ever again.

But then he would have to wave goodbye to his only friend at school, Luhan, and he would surely miss him, since he’s taken so good care of him.

Other than that, he would have to say goodbye to Kai, too. No one would ever fall for a disgusting like Taemin – a and a stalker.

“P-Please…” Taemin muttered quietly, feeling a few tears run down his cheeks as his heart started clenching slightly, as if it wanted to burst out of his chest, just to end it all. He would rather die, than to live with the shame of being found out by Kai. They would laugh at him every day as he walked past their hangout – they might even throw things at him. Then he wouldn’t be their “friend” anymore, just because he was Luhan’s friend.

They would all hate him.

“Is there something going on here?” the heavenly voice said, and Taemin immediately thought that he was saved, as Kai stepped out on the pavement, not wanting to be involved with his two “ummas” fighting over him and the other guys.

“Ah, Kai,” Yuri said with a smirk, and Taemin’s heart immediately sank again. The small piece of hope that had been building inside of him in the last few seconds had just sunk again.

Now she’ll tell him, and I’ll be dead…

He sighed quietly and stood up, ready to leave at any second now. He was clearly found out, and he just needed Yuri to say it to Kai, and it’d be over… No romantic moments with Kai. No holding hands, no walking on the beach at sunset, no making out in the sand – yes he had always been dreaming about that – and no marrying the only guy he liked.

Now now, don’t overdo it, Taemin…

“Ah, I see you found Taemin,” Kai said to Yuri, smiling at his hyung as he walked to him. Still flashing that perfect smile of his – oh .

Taemin backed a small step away, looking shyly down in shame as he held his breath a bit.

“Kai, I have something to tell you,” Yuri said, and Taemin swallowed, looking down still as he awkwardly started playing with his own hands. He knew that it would come sooner or later.

“It will have to wait, Yuri. Thanks for finding Taemin,” Kai said without looking at his noona – just looking at Taemin, who still felt very uneasy.

“B-But Kai?!” Yuri protested, earning a cold glare from Kai, who immediately lost his warm smile, but instead had a stare that could kill anyone. A glare that a dangerous wolf indeed would have, if anyone tried to harm its beloved. The small, red flame in his eyes…

“I said, that it will have to wait,” he growled, sounding a bit like a dangerous wolf, making Yuri freeze a bit, eventually giving a small huff as she clearly disapproved in Kai’s way of behaving. Yuri crossed her arms over her chest, sending Taemin a cold glare, before she turned to walk back to the hangout, mumbling something that sounded like a ‘whatever’, eventually adding a ‘bastard’.

Taemin looked away from Kai, waiting a bit before he decided to apologize for all the trouble he had been causing – but he never really got the chance.

“Aish… You sure are causing a lot of trouble,” Kai groaned, running a hand through his own cornrows – can you even run a hand through them? Taemin sure would like to try…

“S-Sorry…” Taemin stuttered, feeling a bit stunned by Kai’s words, even bowing deeply for his dongsaeng to show that he was truly sorry for all the trouble – the fight, and even Yuri being pissed, and Kai having to shut her up. Twice.

“Ah, it’s okay, Taemin… Really,” Kai chuckled softly – a chuckle that sounded like Heaven’s music in Taemin’s ears. The mix of a cute laughter, and Kai’s deep voice, could be nothing but perfect.

Taemin stood again, looking at Kai, not really knowing what to say, as the younger sat down on the pavement, the hyung joining him after a few seconds. Taemin kind of liked this. No, he didn’t like the whole gang-thing, but he did enjoy the silence, as they sat there. Just looking at the street, watching people walk by, though people were walking in a big circle around Kai… Taemin didn’t mind that, because he was pretty sure, that Kai wasn’t as bad as people thought. Already now, he seemed to know a little more about the mysterious gang leader, but he still wanted to know more.

He wanted to know what Kai hated, what he loved, and what he liked to do. That would be a good start, so at that moment, Taemin was just trying to collect all of his bravery to ask him about it.

If it wasn’t too cheesy, of course. Would it be a weird thing to suddenly ask about? He wasn’t good at having conversations. You see, he didn’t have that many friends, remember? And Key was usually always the one talking all the time when they were together, Taemin not needing to add anything to their one-sided conversations.

Kai, however, was always a step ahead of Taemin – something he would have to get used to.

“Taemin,” Kai said then, resting his arms on his bent knees, looking down at the pavement with a small smile, gaining Taemin’s attention.

“Yes, K-Kai?” Taemin mumbled carefully, looking at Kai’s face with a puzzled stare.

“Mmh… I was thinking something,” Kai said, leaning back on his arms, his hands against the pavement behind him, his face turned to look at Taemin, “What do you like?”

You.

“U-Uh…?” Taemin mumbled carefully, feeling his cheeks blush slightly at Kai’s question, which was pretty much the same that Taemin wanted to ask him.

Is he psychic or something…?

“E-Exactly what do you mean?” Taemin asked carefully, playing a bit dumb, even though he did know what he had to answer. He knew what he liked, and he wanted Kai to know about it as well – but he also wanted to know, why Kai sent Yuri those cold glares all the time.

“Well…” Kai smiled warmly, nearly melting Taemin with his dashing, charming face, “I like the night sky… It’s so calm, quiet and peaceful.” The younger sighed quietly and turned his face to look at the blue sky, the sun nearly blinding him, earning a small groan from his lips.

“Oh,” Taemin smiled and sat a bit closer to his dongsaeng, “I like the ocean.” The elder hummed, sitting in a cross-legged position, feeling incredibly happy – because he was talking to his crush. They were having a conversation, and not just a ‘here, have my water bottle’ moment.

“The ocean?” Kai asked, looking at Taemin with raised eyebrows, “Why the ocean?”

Taemin shrugged a bit, chuckling softly as he looked at the gang leader again, “Because… The ocean is so peaceful, yet terrifying… It can be the best thing ever, but also the worst…” Taemin tried to explain, chuckling softly as he thought their conversation had turned very cheesy. He was actually quite surprised that Kai didn’t mind talking to him in this way.

“Ah… But you know,” Kai said with a small smirk, as he leaned a bit closer to Taemin, his eyes not leaving his for one second, “… It’s dangerous to like such things…” he nearly whispered, his eyes still locked on Taemin’s, none of them really moving as Taemin’s heartbeat increased a lot, beating faster and harder, scared that Kai would find out – what if he could hear it?

Why is he doing all those things to me?

Why is he so flawless and perfect?

Why is he who he is?

“I know… But that’s the part of it that’s exciting,” Taemin whispered back, just at quietly as Kai, earning a small smirk from the younger, still not letting go of each other’s eyes. Their noses being incredibly close. Taemin was pretty sure, that he could feel the calm breath, coming from between Kai’s heavenly lips.

“You might get hurt, you know?” the gang leader then said, stating a fact, Taemin just chuckled softly at him, actually making Kai’s cheeks grow slightly red because of Taemin’s soft chuckle – yes, Kai’s cheeks turned ing red, but Taemin was too caught in his eyes to actually notice it.

“I know, but it’s a risk worth taking…” Taemin said, ending their short conversation, and silence struck them again. Complete silence, as they just looked into each other’s eyes, too caught to actually look away – too caught to actually care about anything else.  People on the street might or might not be looking at them, but they didn’t honestly care about it.

Taemin had lost track of how fast his heart was beating, since it was obviously beating too fast for it to be healthy.

“I-I…” Kai started, after they’ve just looked into the other’s dark eyes for about a short minute, making Kai swallow a bit, “… I like your hair,” he then added, completely changing the subject from the ocean to Taemin’s red lures, finishing his sentence as he lifted his hand to gently Taemin’s bangs behind one of his ears.

Their skin was touching once again.

Kai’s soft fingers against Taemin’s silky cheek. It was the best feeling in the whole world for Taemin, and maybe also for Kai, as the gang leader had never felt such soft, pure skin before.

“You should be careful, that your hair doesn’t cover too much of your face,” Kai smiled warmly to his hyung, and Taemin was pretty sure, that he would die from a heart attack already.

Why am I too shy to actually do something right now?!

Taemin’s thoughts were killing him as he wished that he could do something.

Anything.

Because this moment was just too perfect, to actually be true. He was pretty sure, that they both were high on weed, since none of them pulled away after such a long time.

“Holy , Kai!” a voice yelled, immediately making Taemin and Kai pull away from each other’s eyes, and turning to the person yelling for Kai. It was Suho, and he had a troubled expression on his face, which immediately made Kai stand, even clenching his fists slightly.

“They’re here, Kai,” Suho said, biting his lower lip, and Kai just gave a small nod, having a serious face as he looked at the confused Taemin.

“I think you should go home now, Taemin,” he said to his hyung, making Taemin even more confused than he already is, “And don’t talk to anyone on your way.”

“W-What’s going on? Kai?” Taemin stuttered carefully as he stood as well, looking at Kai with shy, yet worried eyes. Kai forced a small smile on his own lips, looking at his hyung with calm eyes.

“It’s okay, hyung,” he chuckled softly, “Shisus, you care too much, you know?”

“S-Sorry…” Taemin mumbled and looked awkwardly down, as the perfect moment between them just had disappeared, and Kai had turned back to being the cocky gang leader like before.

“I-I’ll just find Luhan and tell him goodbye first, okay?” Taemin asked, making Suho choke a bit on the air in his lungs.

“U-Uh... He’s in his apartment, but…” Suho said, getting red cheeks and scratching the back of his neck, being interrupted in the action as Kai started pulling him along.

“It’s okay! I’ll find him!” Taemin called after Suho and Kai, who were now on their way back to the hangout, Kai’s forced smile still on his lips when they got out of Taemin’s sight.

That smile couldn’t fool Taemin.

He knew, that something was going on, and it clearly wasn’t something good.

They were a gang, after all. 

 

_________________________

A/N: 

HNNNGGG. 

I had the biggest TaeKai feels while writing this, hahahaha... =u=;; 

And Tumblr isn't helping me at all... 

So yeah... Yuri's still being a to Taemin... Kai being cocky against Yuri .. I like this. XD 

And Kai is kinda acting weird... But yeah~ I guess that's a normal thing for him... You know... He's acting all y and confident on stage.. But behind the stage, he's a clumsy, shy boy. >3> which is probably why he's my 2nd ultimate bias... 

OH! And Kai has a secret, which I can't tell you yeeeet~~~ OuO/ ~

I love you all, still~! 

 

Comments are love~ <3