Chapter 9

Hidden Deception

With one hand on the wheel, JongHyun pulled around the corner as he saw the brightly illuminated night club sign come into view. He quickly parked his car on the street side then entered the club.

Neon lights blinked as crowds of girls and guys bounced along to the loud thumping beat of the music. JongHyun plowed through the crowd quickly, passing the bar area, to find Mir sitting alone at a small table, seemingly to be staring at something or someone.

He called me here like it was the of the world and he still has time to be relaxing?

JongHyun walked to his table, slower than how he had rushed here. Although JongHyun was standing right behind Mir, tapping annoyingly on his shoulder, his eyes were still fixed onto something.

“ What? ” Mir didn’t even bother budging an inch

“ Yaaah, Bang ChulYong.”

It took a moment before Mir recognized the voice and more importantly, realized the tone of the voice. He slowly cranked his head around to face JongHyun, “ Hyung…”

JongHyun smiled quite mysteriously as he took a seat next to Mir at the small table. He set his elbows on the table then lazily putting defined chin on the palm of his left hand, “ You staring at her? ” JongHyun stared at the same girl Mir had his eyes on.

Mir nodded as he smiled like a dork just watching the chic girl move ily under the blinking neon lights.

“ I’ll go ask for her number now.” JongHyun smirked as he leaned back in his chair, cranking his head to one side thoughtlessly still looking at the girl as well.

“ Why? ”

“ So we can hurry and get the point.” JongHyun stood up and began to walk over to the dance floor, “ I didn’t come to stare at some girl with you.”

Before JongHyun could even walked a few steps more, Mir pulled him back, “ Wait, wait, wait, hyung, alright. I’ll stop.”

With that, Mir began to lead JongHyun to the other side of the club, a region farther from the dance floor, yet guarded with a few men in black lurking around. Mir stopped before they reached that area though, turning into the restrooms; they pretended as though they were simply customers heading to the bathroom instead.

“ Park Gyuri walked down that dark hallway with the guards.” Mir said with all seriousness once they reached the men’s restroom.

“ Did you get a chance to check it out yet? ” JongHyun said as he used the mirror to fix a few stray strands of his bangs.

Mir shook his head, “ I didn’t get to walk down the hallway, But.”

“ Hm? ”

“ I just did happen to find a way inside.” Mir finished before he smiled with triumph.

“ Without going through that hallway?”

Mir nodded as he slowly walked over to the stall where the janitor kept all his equipment and opened the door, “ We’d have to go from here.”

JongHyun looked over, “ Ceiling vents again? ”

“ Pretty much.”

Rolling up his sleeves, JongHyun walked over to where Mir was; he made sure no one was in the restroom before he began climbing. Before long, he was making his way up into the vent.

“ Here.” Before JongHyun left, Mir handed his hyung a hand-drawn map and a black backpack of just a few things he may need, “ Hyung, I even drew you a map.”

JongHyun stared at Mir as though he was crazy, “ You mean, you crawled through these vents without knowing anything and mapped out the whole place? ”

He smiled proudly, “ Hyung, you should know that my nickname is Felis-Catus. ”

JongHyun only shook his head before he headed off with the flashlight in his mouth for light, “ You watch too much animal channel.”

Mir pouted to himself at JongHyun’s comment “ You’re just jealous you don’t know what Felis-catus means.” He thought for a moment before a mischievous thought wandered into his mind. With a swift move, he latched the opening to the vent back up, “ Hyung can have fun getting out.”

________________________

JongHyun crawled through the rather tight vents biting onto the flashlight, careful with every step not to make any noise. He took a right turn when he saw a larger opening, allowing him to sit upright. He examined the map before continuing, “ One more left turn, huh? ”

He crawled a bit further down before taking the left turn he was suppose to. As expected, there was a latched opening. JongHyun took out a thin lock-pick Mir prepared; within a minute, the metal door was unlocked. He carefully cracked open a tiny bit to check his surroundings; when JongHyun was sure the room was empty, he took the piece of ceiling-mat off and quietly climbed out of the tight ceiling-vent, landing on the floor with a quiet thump, “ Che, who do they take me for? ” JongHyun stretched a bit before doing what he came there for.

He reached into the backpack took out the earpiece Mir left in there, and attached it onto his own ear, “ Bang ChulYong.” He whispered, testing the communication device.

“ You there? ”

JongHyun looked around before speaking again; he walked carefully along the walls, along the blind spots of the camera placed in the room. Although the camera was nothing but a small red dot on the wall, it was fixed so nearly everything in the room were in view--nearly everything except for a few blind spots, which JongHyun seemed to find out and helped him get to the camera, played with a few switches and screws, turning it onto standby mode.

He felt a whole lot more comfortable without a camera in his way, “ Mir-ah, stay near the entrance. Whatever you do, you and Joon-hyung, make sure to keep Park Gyuri from coming in. Got it? ”

“ Arasso, hyung.”

JongHyun smiled, before he resumed to his plan. Without thought, he slipped on a pair of clean plastic gloves while heading to the file cabinet, locked up, behind the desk. Using the same lock pick, he twirled the metal utensil until a click was audibly heard; with that, the cabinet drawers swung itself open with ease.

“ Let’s see…” JongHyun mumbled to himself while ruffling through all types of papers, from bills to building permits; he found everything except any clues leading to this organization who dealt with illegal drugs to illegal weapons.

After a minute or so of quick searching through the files, JongHyun soon gave up, feeling yet quite dumbfounded, “ Why would they make multiple copies of illegal transactions and file them properly in a file cabinet?” He smacked himself on his forehead before heading to his next target, “ I’m such a babo.” He sighed while starting up the computer sitting on the desk.

“ This is going to take some time.” JongHyun stretched his fingers and cranked his head from side to side, “ Let’s do this.” His full concentration was on this now.

__________________________

Sitting at a table near the restrooms like JongHyun had instructed, Mir waited for Lee Joon to arrive. He yawned, “ Just where in the world was Joon-hyung.”

He pondered for a minute. Although JongHyun had instructed Mir to not leave, he felt as though he had to go look for Lee Joon. Mir unwrapped a lollipop and stuck it in his mouth before he decided that nothing will probably happened within the few minutes he’ll be gone anyways.

Before Mir even reached the entrance to the night club, he had found Lee Joon near the bar area. He laughed as he watched Lee Joon, who was being clung onto by a few girls who looked like they wanted to sell him their night. Rather than being interested, Lee Joon was trying to get away from the girls who persisted.

“ Hyung!” Mir walked over to rescue the slightly troubled Joon. He forcibly dragged Lee Joon away from the few clingy girls.

Once they were far enough away, Mir broke out laughing, “ Hyung, what happened to your player instincts? ”

Lee Joon glared at Mir besides him, “ YAH.” he smacked Mir’s arm, “ I prefer to stay alive, you know.”

Mir held his laugh in before he gets abused by Lee Joon, “ Your fiancé? Why did you even propose to her then? ” Mir took Lee Joon’s own hand and showed Lee Joon himself his engagement ring.

“ I must’ve been crazy.” He started to continue walking without Mir, until Mir caught up to him again, finding Lee Joon actually smiling at his own comment about being crazy earlier

Mir pouted, “ Psh, people in love these days.”

-------------

The two sat at the table Mir was at earlier, continuing to be on the watch out for JongHyun. Although Lee Joon was in fact older than JongHyun, at times like these, he had no choice but listen to the demanding dongsaeng of his.

Sitting there, time really seemed to drag itself out. Before long, Mir was nodding off, about to fall asleep with nothing to do at all, while Lee Joon had his eyes on his phone screen, texting the whole time.

“ Yah…JongHyung-hyung is sure taking his sweet time, isn’t he?” Mir yawned before he gave in to sleeping. Only when he attempted to put his head down, he instead whacked his forehead on the table top, waking himself up this time.

Mir sighed, stretching lazily, “ What time is it…?”

Lee Joon looked up, “ Exactly 12 midnight.”

“ Hyung, hyung.” Mir walked to Lee Joon’s side, suspiciously massaging his shoulders, smiling innocently.

“ What…? ”

“ Hyung, have I ever told you. You’re the best person in the world. Smart, handsome, and a great person.” Mir patted his hyung ‘s shoulder, “ I’ll leave the rest to you.”

Before Lee Joon had a chance to react to Mir’s sudden flattery and request, Mir ran away as fast he could before he was dragged back. He was running away from having to stay on guard and instead about to head home to sleep. He considered going back to the dance floor to see if the girl he was watching earlier was still there, but quite unexpectedly, none of this happened.

As Mir reached the entrance, he encountered a familiar person entering the club.  The second she brushed past him, Mir recognized that face, “ Park Gyuri.”

As much as he didn’t want to, he turned right around and began following her while scurrying to get his earpiece back onto his ear to warn JongHyun, “ JongHyun-hyung, are you almost done? ”

“ Pabo, didn’t I tell you not to play with this? You scared the crap out of me, suddenly talking into it like that.”

“ Park Gyuri’s coming back. You better hurry.” Mir continued to tail Gyuri to see if she was heading straight to her office.

“ Stall her--the longer, the better.” JongHyun began to grow a bit nervous as her return was unexpected, “ Mir-ah. I’ll tell you one thing. If you don’t want to see me die, then stall her from coming in until I give you the okay.” With that, JongHyun  yanked off his earpiece to avoid it distracting him as he began to speed up.

Mir stopped tailing Gyuri, who stopped by the bar and seemingly ordered a drink of some sort, and instead ran to Lee Joon for help, “ Hyung! You have to help.”

“ What?” He said as he tucked away his phone.

“ Stall Park Gyuri for me.” Mir proceeded to reiterating what JongHyun had told him few moment prior, “ If you don’t want to see JongHyun-hyung die, then stall her until hyung gives the okay.”

“…are you serious? ” He rubbed his forehead, “ You’re telling me to go over there…and flirt with that girl…for as long as you need me to? ”

Mir reluctantly nodded, “ So hyung, bring out those player instincts of yours that you hid away.”

“ Using the player instincts I putted away, I can’t begin to tell you how hard to get she looks…” Lee Joon mumbled to himself as he began to head over, slowly. Reluctlant, he turned around back to Mir, only to see Mir doing a fan boy ‘hwaiting’.

JongHyun, you owe me big time.

He sighed before he began his player act again. Lee Joon walked over to the bar, naturally taking a seat next to Gyuri to her surprise. She turned slightly to take a look at the man about to sit next to her--he smirked slightly in response.

Lee Joon took a look at Gyuri’s drink before ordering his own, “ What are you drinking? ” he pointed at her cup.

“ What if I said a hardcore alcoholic drink? ” Gyuri didn’t even bother looking at him as his ways of flirting she had seen at least hundreds of times.

“ Well, I’ll find out.” Lee Joon asked for the same drink from the bartender without hesitation. While waiting for the drink, he had to attempt to begin a conversation with her, “ So what brings you here tonight? ” He literally wanted to mental slap himself; this is exactly what happens when a skill gets rusty.

Gyuri looked at Lee Joon, " I'm always here. Do you have a problem with that? " For no apparent reasons, this guy just ticks her off right now.

Lee Joon brushed it off smiling, " Well, I just thought maybe you belonged in the mainstream catergory as to why girls go drinking." He paused for a moment, " Since...you know, you look...pissed."

" And what is that? "

" You really want to know?"

Gyuri nodded at Lee Joon, slowly begining to involve herself in the conversation without realizing it, " Of course. You're the one who wants to tell me even if I say no."

He looked down at his hands, slightly dumbstruck. She definitely wasn't easy--fast tongue and hard to look at overall because of her pretty features. But he slowly began to turn the table towards himself again; she was slowly being interested without knowing, " Normally, girls wouldn't go drinking for no reason.  Either they're lead a lonely life since square two or they've..." he paused in the middle of his statement; it was a way to grab attention, " you know, just been dumped." Lee Joon looked at her in a way as though implying that that was what he initially thought of her.

Gyuri looked away for a second; although he could only see part of her profile view, he could tell she was slightly insulted, " So you thought I was dumped."

"Well--" She didn't let him finish.

" So I came here pissed at being dumped, then starting to drink? "

" Not necessarily? " He denied it after she seemed insulted by him.

Gyuri took one last sip of her drink before getting up, about to leave the conversation and Lee Joon, " Well, I'm sorry to tell you. I didn't belong in that mainstream. You do, Mister Playboy."

 

She pushed her cup in before she turned around to leave, but before she did, Gyuri thought she'd tell him one thing, " By the way. Your cup."

Lee Joon looked at the cup he was holding, but haven't yet drank out of.

She smiled, " Sorry to tell you. It's just a milkshake."

Dumbfounded for the second time, Lee Joon took a sip of his drink as though to test the validity of what Gyuri said, " Ah. It really is....Yah, wait!" He couldn't let her leave yet, not until JongHyun was clear at least.

He ran after her, blocking her with his arm, causing Gyuri to come to a stop, " You stopping me only puts me in power as you're clearly showing you care more than I do, you know. I know you players don't like to chase when your opponent plays hard to get. "

Still, Lee Joon couldn't not stop her, " You seem to think you understand players."

Gyuri turned around from his block and walked to the nearby wall, leaning on it, " Need not to know. Besides the point, what the heck is square two? "

" Isn't it obvious? " Lee Joon chuckled, " You don't start out lonely. To be lonely, you have to know what it's like to be not lonely, right? "

" You...don't make sense." She pushed him aside and walked past him.

Just at this time, Mir came running to Lee Joon telling him that JongHyun-hyung gave the okay.

" Hyung, nice job." Mir swung his arm around Lee Joon's shoulder.

Lee Joon showed no reaction to Mir's compliment, but only still wondered what Gyuri last told him, " Mir-ah, do I make sense? "

"..."

" Thought so." Lee Joon sighed, " Let's go wait for JongHyun outside. He should be coming out soon, right?"

___________________________________

Annyeong ^~^ Finally updated in a month (: kekeke.

I wanted to update this fanfiction with a new chapter, but I couldn`t because I wanted to update with a longer chapter, so that`s why this chapter is rather short.

Anyways, alot of what I wrote is pure BS, so don`t take that against me LOL.

Purely for fanfiction/entertainment purposes.

And sorry if this chapter wasn`t really exciting and rather sloppy. I hate writer's block -.-"

It makes my writing crappy and unorganized and whatnots.

BUT. I promise some action in the next chapter. Really. I promise.

Sooo ~ who knows when I`ll update again, but until then jia nee~ kekeke ^^

- Tracy.

P.S You know comments are adored(; Always. I hope I still have readers LOL.