Chapter 3

Hidden Deception


JongHyun pulled his car swiftly out of the parking lot, increasing his speed once in a while. Only the bright street lights illuminated the figure JongHyun had his full attention on. He switched from lane to lane, trailing closely behind the center of his attention at the minute.

The center of his attention at the minute was no other, but Gyuri’s silver sports car.
 
She skillfully dodged in front of one vehicle after another, trying to lose the blue vehicle tailing her just as skillfully as she was. The night’s darkness seemed to cover up for the being chased and chaser’s constant violation of traffic laws.
 
However, the chase continued as both stubborn drivers refused to lose.
 
The high speeded chase on the highway slowly maneuvered its way back into local streets. Gyuri took risky sharp turns into different streets, but JongHyun seemed to still follow.
 
“ What’s this girl made of? ” JongHyun increased his speed some more. It wasn’t long before he had to harness the car at its full speed, but it paid off as he was closer to her vehicle than before. Diverting his attention for merely a few seconds, he called Key then threw the phone on the other seat on speakers, as to not distract his attention on the road.
 
Gyuri finally encountered a red light when she continued down a certain street of Seoul. Being forced to stop, JongHyun was only two cars behind.
 
“ Yeobo-seyo? ” Key finally answered.
 
“ Key-ah. Park Gyuri. Look her up.”
 
Key whined, “ Aish, what happened to your manners? ”
 
“ Please.”
 
Key went silent as all was audible through the phone call was the sound of his fingers hitting the keys of the keyboard at the speed of light. It wasn’t even a minute when Key was completed, “ What do you need to know about her?”
 
“ Her phone number.”
 
Key ran off a list of digits as JongHyun chased her down another yet street, increasing speed a bit more as she did too. He typed in the numbers into his mobile device relying solely on feeling since JongHyun couldn’t afford to avert his eyes.
 
“ Gyuri-ssi.” He spoke into the phone.
 
Gyuri knew he was no ordinary guy when he had managed to follow her for all this time and still be able to hold a telephone conversation.
 
“ You want to stop now? Is this fun for you? ”
 
“ Is that really what you want to say? ” Gyuri smirked a little to herself as she took another sharp u-turn and slowing began to decrease speed as she pulled into an abandoned parking lot. JongHyun followed her, parking his vehicle right next to hers.
 
JongHyun stepped out of his car and leaned against the front of the car, “ You asked if that was really what I wanted to say.”
 
She stood near her own car, “ It‘s obvious you want more than that.”
 
JongHyun looked at her with his irresistible glare, “ Gyuri-ssi, Interested in a date?”
 
Gyuri turned her head to stare back at JongHyun. She thought about it. “ Was he anyone ordinary…?” She wasn’t interested in the man before her because of looks, although he was definitely good-looking, but moreover, she was interested in his abilities. Gyuri was able to tell that he possessed the qualities of someone potentially dangerous,
 
Dangerous--as in related to “him”, who was her focus for the past year.
 
“ What else did he know…?” At the moment, there was only one way to find out.
 
“ Fine.” Gyuri accepted the date, “ Tell me about it.”
 
JongHyun grinned a wide smile, “ Tomorrow. At 2PM. Where the ice cream is waiting.”
 
“ Got it.”
 
___________________________________________
 
Yay~ Third update (: Thumbs up for intense car chase, yah? xD
 
Oh~ and thumbs up for 2PM LOL.
 
Comments would be nice :D
 
& Thanks to KyoRin for commenting. ke ke ke ^^ I`m glad you  enjoy it(: The Goddess VS. The Ego LOL
I like that~ I hope you keep reading my fanfic & i`ll try to write as much as possible~~