Chapter 4

Hidden Deception

JongHyun unlocked the door to the apartment on the second story, greeted by a Key who was fighting with Mir for the remote control to the TV.

“ Hyung, tell Key to give me the remote. ” Mir complained to JongHyun the minute he stepped into the apartment.

Eventually though, Key gave it up, walking over to JongHyun, who sat down in front of the notebook computer the second he got home.

“ So, tell me about Park Gyuri. Is she your new girlfriend?” Key nudged JongHyun who was busy doing something on the computer.

“ Actually, no.” JongHyun grinned as though in triumph. He turned to look at Key, “ Is Joon-hyung here?”

Key spoke in a sarcastic way, “ Do you hear the Nothing Better coming out of the bathroom?”

JongHyun pointed towards the bathroom.

Key nodded, “ Yeah, he’s in there.”

JongHyun walked to the bathroom to hurry Joon out of the bathroom. It wasn’t before long that he had everyone gathered at the kitchen table, perhaps announcing something with a certain importance.

“ A few days ago, I came across an interestingly locked document”, JongHyun began to tell the others, “ The password was set, so that it required English letters, numbers, mathematical equations, Hangul characters, and Japanese Kanji characters. It took me two whole hours, but I still managed to hack it.”

“ And you know hacking is illegal, right?” Joon interrupted, as he was in the position to warn JongHyun.

But JongHyun only smiled at his hyung, “ That’s where you come in, hyung.”

“ The document was not large, except one spreadsheet. The spreadsheet recorded illegal transactions of weapons nationally and internationally.”

They continued to listen attentively to JongHyun’s story, “ But before I could save this onto my own PC, the owner recovered from the hacking and banned the file from others, especially my IP address.”

“ What’s your point to this story, hyung?” Mir unwrapped a lollipop and stuck it in his mouth.

“ Where’d you find that? Did you get it off of my table?” JongHyun got distracted himself by the Mir who was now running away and behind Joon, “ Yah! Bang ChulYong!”

“ It was just laying there~” Mir yelled while still ducking from JongHyun, who soon gave up and resumed his story.

“ Basically, the spreadsheet disappeared and the only thing I remembered from it was Park Gyuri.”

“ That’s why you’re trying to date her.” Key interrupted.


“ Actually, that was only plan B.” JongHyun took a few minutes to crack Gyuri’s profile on notebook computer again, “ This file.” He pointed to the small red icon folder on the screen, “ It has special settings that won’t allow me to enable unless I have the customized instructions, which, of course, I don’t.”

“ So where do I come in? ”, Joon asked, curious of what JongHyun mentioned earlier.

JongHyun smiled a rather lopsided smile, “ I just need authorization paperwork to continue finding evidence for the boss behind all of these transaction records.”

Joon nodded, “ So basically you want to use my position in the department**? ”

“ Not necessarily. Think of it as your talent.” He smiled cheekily then turned to Key, “ You’re going to help me, right?”

Key couldn’t refuse, “You think?”

“ What about me, hyung? ” Mir interrupted, curious and bored at the same time.

“ Just be on stand-by. I’m going to need you…somehow.” JongHyun patted Mir on the shoulder, smiling the same cheeky smile.

JongHyun felt confident as always about this case. He had a feeling--the date with Gyuri was going to be interesting.

______________________________________________________

“ Unnie, you’re going to date a guy?!?!!” Nicole screamed in nearly shock at Gyuri’s sudden announcement.

“ Not exactly.”

Before Gyuri could finish, SungHee turned around in her chair, averting her attention from the computer screen, “ Unnie, when was the last time you dated?”

Gyuri blew a few strands of her from her flawless face, “ I don’t remember dating since high school actually. His name is JongHyun; I stole a glance of his phone sticking out of his pocket.”

Nicole crawled closer to Gyuri on the couch, “ If you’re a goddess…how godly is he…?”

She smirked, “ He’s not bad-looking actually, but has player written all over his face.”

“ Lee JongHyun, Anh JongHyun, Choi JongHyun, Kim JongHyun, Park JongHyun…” SungHee named off a series of names, “ which one is he?” She pointed to the list on the display she managed to churn out.

Gyuri walked over, “ We’ll see tomorrow.”

“ What’s tomorrow?” Nicole asked with a curious puppy look on her face.

“ Date. I’m going on a date with him.” Gyuri fidgeted with her nails, “ It’s only because I have to--he‘s not worth my time.”

“ You have to?” That caught SungHee’s interest.

Gyuri walked over to the computer desk, leaning on the edge besides SungHee’s chair, “ This guy managed to chase my car for the longest time ever and you know how I drive. From what I saw, his car was close to full speed, if not, at full speed. He managed to harness that vehicle. This guy even found out my name and number.”

Gyuri paused for a moment, “…Does this JongHyun sound like someone suspicious…?”

SungHee began to type rapidly on her keyboard, “ Someone with potential?”

Gyuri nodded in agreement.

“ What does he look like?”

“ Not bad-looking; brown hair, defined jaw line.”

In moments, she found the potential person her unnie was talking about, “ Kim…JongHyun?”

“ That’s him. So what do you think?” Gyuri smiled at SungHee.

“ What should I be thinking?”

“ Like I said, I’m not the slightest bit interested in him. You want to go on the date?” Gyuri offered SungHee her date with JongHyun.

SungHee chuckled in a cold way, “ Don’t want to. I have better things to do.”

Gyuri knew SungHee was going to be as stubborn as she usually is, but that didn’t stop the goddess from trying, “ It’s been a while since you’ve been in anything romantic, SungHee. Aren’t you the slightest bit interested in this guy’s background?”

Gyuri tried to take command, “ I don’t care. You’re going.” Her goddess vibe was coming out; even SungHee couldn’t defy Gyuri.

“ Ah, seriously?” SungHee tried to beg Gyuri with her eyes, but that just didn’t push through Gyuri’s electrifying goddess glance, “…Fine…Nicole-ah, get me a different identity. Anyone would do.”

Nicole proceeded to following her Unnie’s instructions, but before she could, Gyuri stopped her, “ That’ll be unnecessary. Just go as Kim SungHee. ”

Gyuri smiled again at SungHee assuringly , “ Remember that he’s potentially related to ‘him’, but don’t let that take over you.” Gyuri knew SungHee too well. Gyuri knew she would put work before anything else, “ Enjoy your actual date, its only a day.” Gyuri reminded SungHee as a caring unnie.

SungHee could only nod at the request pushed onto her without any other option. For now, she could only think of this as another mission.

  

________________________________________________________

**Note: I couldn’t think of a name for the department >_<

Thumbs up for me being able to churn out another chappie(: It took me a while but I did manage to write another chapter. I`m determined to keep this fanfic going haha.

Haha, and to those of you who`s seen LeeJoon sing Nothing Better. Thumbs up for that!~

&& although I may only have about 6 readers, Thank you all for reading ^___^

ke ke ^^ Next chapter`s going to be the date(:

But it probably won't be a while until I update again because I`ll be on vacation from the 7th to the 14th.

Soooo. See you guys until then. Thanks for supporting me and this fanfics(:

Comments would be amazing. The longer the better~ ^__^

EDIT: Sorry if I sound SOO much like a computer wannabe. Truth is, I know nothing about computers but I think these kind of dramas/fanfics are cool, so the above is only my poor attempt in imitation(:

Peace xD