Chapter 11

Hidden Deception

Author's Note: I feel like I`ve left AFF for eternity .__. Like seriously. So much has happened since I last posted anything on here. Life has been hectic. This semester was really busy compared to last semester. . . then I had emotional problems, and then boy problems -.-" All that added together really didn`t help.

Besides that, there`s just stuff that keeps getting in my way. What do I mean by that? I mean, first JongHyun decides to announce that he`s dating, giving me a mini-heart attack back in October. Now, SungHee. Even better- She announces that she`s getting MARRIED. . . . *sigh* Me shipping JongHee was never meant to be TToTT. . . Nevertheless though, I will carry forth with JongHee fanfics >__<" Yesh. . . 

Anyways, about this chapter: I`m really, really sorry that I just semi-came-back from hiatus and I come with such a short and non-exciting chapter >__< I just really needed a transitional, filler-ish chapter. . . so I came up with this.

This chapter deals with a third loveline in this fanfic xD Mir and another girl. . .whom you will see. The second and third loveline in this fanfic isn`t really main, but I tend to use them for filler purposes Dx Anyways, less talking, more. . . whatever o-o I promise next chapter will be a tad more interesting ^-^

-With love for all my readers,

Tracy

P.S. To refresh your memory of the story, you might want to read the ending bit of the last chapter I posted. Just to get an idea of what was going on. (:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

JongHyun walked at a slow pace down the lonely street, accompanied by a crack of light in the sky. He had one bag slung lazily over the shoulder and his hands in his pocket. 
 
In any normal circumstance, JongHyun would be relaxed by now, whistling happily back to the car, but somehow, today--he was uneasy, a bit tense, and simply had something he could not get off his chest.
 
He was in deep thought when he had reached their van. JongHyun opened the door and climbed on quietly, without many words. As soon as the door closed, Lee Joon began driving.
 
“ So what do you think? ” Key spoke, breaking the void of silence in the car.
 
Ironically, silence still followed for a few moments, until Key nudged JongHyun, 
“ Um, JongHyun? ”
 
JongHyun lifted his head, breaking out of his thoughts, “ Hm? ”
 
“ Key asked what do you think? ” Lee Joon restated, “ Moreover, you okay? ”
 
JongHyun nodded, “ Sorry…It’s just--I just feel uneasy, that’s all.” He ran his hand through his hair and took a deep breath, “ I don’t know, maybe I’m just tired.” 
 
“ Ohh…” Key nodded, but still suspiciously staring at JongHyun; he seemed unconvinced and suspected something different, but he kept silent.
JongHyun smiled, “ Anyways. I got ourselves a present as I was infiltrating her computer system.” He pulled out the server device he had supposedly borrowed from Gyuri’s office, “ Looks fun, doesn’t it? ”
 
“ It looks…weird.” Key bluntly stated.
 
“Agreed.” JongHyun added, he looked at the device, holding it in different angles, “ I was so curious; never seen anything like this before. I have a hunch that it’s something new produced by the Tech department back in the S.D.O.I ”
 
“ But how? You think there’s a leak in the S.D.O.I? ”
 
**note: S.D.O.I = Secret Department of Organizational Investigation
 
“ Not quite.”
 
“ Then how would this appear at a Jewel headquarter office? ” 
 
JongHyun rubbed his lips with his thumb out of habit as he was contemplating, “ Bingo. That’s what I want to know.”
 
“ So…you took it with you…?” Lee Joon asked in a tone of sarcasm.
 
“ You have no idea.” JongHyun retorted, “ I would’ve been here an hour ago if it weren’t of this thing and my geeky obsession with these.”
 
“ Mhm. And I’m guessing this and this resulted from your fondness of unknown device x. ” Key pointed out the cut on JongHyun’s face and palm.
 
“ Park Gyuri. That woman…” JongHyun started, “ is definitely far from normal.”
 
“Duh.” Key rolled his eyes at JongHyun at his obvious statement, “Hence--why we’re investigating her and everything she’s involved with.”
 
“Actually, I meant that she’s a beauty.” his lips curved into a smirk, “ not to mention, real soft lips.”
 
Key stared at JongHyun for a good five seconds, wordless for once, “ You would.”
 
The car pulled into the parking lot of the apartment complex in which Key rented, and the four missing one all quietly entered Key’s apartment. All three were tired, therefore none of them said much. 
 
LeeJoon sat down at the kitchen table and fell asleep not much long after, whereas Key didn’t even bother going to his own room to sleep, but instead, slept on the couch out of convenience. As for JongHyun, he walked silently to their work room, locked the door, and no one heard from him since then. Chances are, he was asleep as well.
 
___
 
Customers began to gradually leave the club, to attend their daytime business or perhaps simply to catch some sleep after having their nightlife--all but one nocturnal creature by the name of Bang ChulYong. 
There were a few people left; one of which, was the girl he’s been admiring from afar. On a shallow basis, she was gorgeous; on a deeper basis…he hasn’t exactly gotten that far yet. Mir sat at the same table, while she sat at the bar, sipping on her refreshment and not interacting with anyone else.
 
However, like the rest of the customers, eventually she stood up, straightened out her one-piece dress and began to leave. A few beats after her footstep, Mir tagged along. Any other man following a woman would be labeled a stalker, but to Mir himself…he was very used to following people. It was part of his job.
 
She walked down the barely lit streets of Seoul, among the asleep street of Seoul, since this entire street was mainly busy during the night time. Unlike the nocturnal two on the street, the most of the city were still asleep. She walked slowly, and Mir followed slowly. He wasn’t too particular about tailing her; if he did too good of a job following her, things wouldn’t be as interesting.
 
Like Mir had expected, she noticed him, “ If you’re going to follow me, do a better job of it at least. ” 
 
“ But then you wouldn’t even talk to me.”
 
He walked up to her sheepishly, still stunned by this girl’s beauty, “ Are you a model by any chance? ”
 
She stared at him for a few seconds before continuing to walk without giving answers of any sort.
 
“ Moreover, can I walk with you? ” Mir called out to the girl who was walking away, “ Please? . . . . . Yeah? ” He jogged up to her anyways.
 
“ Did you really need an answer for that? ” She began to slow down her walking pace for him.
 
“ Well, I just felt like I couldn’t invade your privacy. Anyone, but yours.” He smiled happily, “ Hey, can you tell me your name? ”
 
The girl turned to him, seemingly annoyed, “ Why are you so persistent? I’ve had stalkers before, but you’re just. . . How are you so natural at it? ”
 
The girl paused again, studying this face of his, and eventually cracked a smile. She tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear and reached into her clutch for her cell phone, “ Tell me your number.” She handed her phone over to him.
 
Without another word, he began to enter his number into her phone. 
 
“ I’ll decide if I want to call you or not.” She clarified, “ of course, I’ll probably see you every night at the club anyways--”
 
Before she could finish, Mir cut her off, “ You will call me.” He took a quick glance at his watch for the time, “ Well, I can’t follow you any longer.”
 
Mir smiled at her before he turned to walk to other direction. The girl looked his contact entry on her phone; she smiled at what he had named himself, “ Your persistent stalker…” she muttered to herself.
She remembered his name and wanted to change it, but chances are--she will not remember who Bang ChulYong is in a week, but “Your persistent stalker” will definitely stick. She then remembered that she had never answered his question earlier yet. The girl called after Mir, “ Yah! ”
 
Mir turned around at the sound of her voice and waved cheerfully at her.
 
“ Nana! Stalker, my name is Nana! ” She yelled out to Mir, who was already down the street.
 
Mir smiled again at his success as he happily skipped down the street like the hyper boy he is.