Chapter 10

Hidden Deception


Gyuri`s POV:

I took the piece of tape off the door before I walked into my office. The room was chilly, air-conditioned even in the mid-autumn weather. I rubbed my forearms with my own hand as I wasn’t adjusted to the coldness just yet while walking over to my desk. Surprisingly, when I sat down onto my chair, there was a hint of warmth amidst this nearly artic room. I looked around my desk--I knew something didn’t feel right.

I began to pace towards the window; someone must’ve broken in during the time while I was gone. Playing with the adhesive side of the piece tape on my fingers, I thought about this intruder, trying limiting his or her very moves at the very minute.

I looked down at the piece of tape on my finger--If the tape was there from when I left to the moment I walked back in. . . it only means they’re still here. I looked around the room some more, of which, particularly, the window. The view from here, I couldn’t deny was awfully nice. The city of Seoul lit up at night and from here, I saw all the neon signs of various bars and clubs along this street clearly in a bundle of bright colors. Despite such, I looked downwards. The awfully nice view clearly did not apply--the area straight down my window was a dark, rather small alley; it seemed obscure and far from where I was standing.

Jumping from here would be suicide. One, breaking a few bones would be inevitable; on top of that, an open window leaves your enemy wide open to know where you went and where to chase you. They would have to be an rash idiot to jump from this window.

I limited my possibilities to the perfection I wanted.

“If all the possibilities are eliminated, no matter how improbable, the remaining must be the truth.”

He or she is still in this very room, holding their breath. I smirked, to be completely honest, I would’ve been a bit disappointed in myself if the intruder wasn’t still here.

Regular POV:

JongHyun had to wait patiently as Gyuri remained as silent as he was, making him as tense as ever. He bit his lips; this woman was not to be underestimated. It’s obviously been a while since the last time JongHyun had been in such a clearly defined win-lose situation. Not only, his choices right now were just as defined-- JongHyun could give treat this as a lose-lose situation and go all out or simply wait to see what is thrown his way.

He waited, carefully peeking at Gyuri from behind the couch. She was standing in front of her desk, casually rearranging a few objects on her desk; it almost seemed as though she was testing his patience.

“ You’re still in here.” Gyuri picked up a small glass ball that was sitting on her desk and twirled with it as she stood against the desk, “ I know you are.”

“ I didn’t expect anything less from you.” JongHyun came out from hiding with his bag slung over one shoulder.

“ I suppose you won’t tell me why you’re here, how you’re here, and what you’re doing here.” Gyuri stated.

“ Point being? ”

She looked up at him,“ That means you’re staying.” Gyuri pulled out a handgun from behind immediately after those words, dropping the small glass ball from her hand onto the carpeted floor.

“ I’m guessing the door’s locked too? ” JongHyun rubbed his lips with his thumb, “ that’s a bit of a trouble…”

Even with a gun pointed at, Gyuri could feel that JongHyun wasn’t the least bit scared. Despite that, she began to close up on JongHyun, walking closer, pointing the gun at him, “ Kim JongHyun, your game should come to an end now.”

He didn’t back away an inch, but simply slowly moved closer to the door towards his left.

“ My game? “ JongHyun smiled cheekily, “ Anyone would want to get to know a goddess like you better, right? ” He shrugged casually, “ that’s all. ”

As calm as Gyuri was, his flippant attitude began to bug her the slightest bit. In all seriousness, she was anxious to know who exactly the man in front of her was, but he was still as mysterious as the first time she met him.

“ Let’s be honest here.” Gyuri kept her cool, “ Who are you? ”

“ Only your worst enemy.” JongHyun answered in a serious tone as he surprisingly drew out his gun from behind as well. He smirked,“Now, the last one standing wins? ”


The two stood there, neither moving the tiniest bit. They stood in the center of the room. JongHyun, although far from the door, was directly in front of it and Gyuri stood merely ten feet away from JongHyun. At such close distance, with two excellent shooters, whoever shot first was the losing party.

For minutes, the two stared at each other. Either did otherwise. In all honesty, they knew each other’s thought to an extent. They knew they weren’t planning to actually shoot each other, but now--they were equal in power.


“ As long as we’re both standing here like this, nothing’s going to end.” JongHyun broke the silence.

“ Then tell me. What exactly did you want to find out about me? ”

“ I’ll tell you one thing. You’re not keeping me here.” His patience ran out by now as JongHyun finally initiated the fight. He triggered his gun at her, but deliberately missing, so she’d dodge the direction he intended her to. Taking his chance, JongHyun ran closer towards the door, but before he could do anything else, Gyuri triggered her gun after she dodged his bullet.

He smirked as he witnessed the bullet break the door knob after he dodged. Afterall, this still worked all as he planned for it to from the minute she drew her gun. Even though JongHyun didn’t have all the confident that his plan would’ve worked on someone like Gyuri, he still managed to escape.

JongHyun ran out of the door and instinctively further down the dim corridor. Hearing the commotion, mens in black suits began to chase JongHyun as well. They fired at the intruder, but missed every single bullet. JongHyun had almost let guard down as he ran when Gyuri suddenly fired while chasing after him. He turned around to look before turning the corner; he witnessed the bullet barely sliding past his eyes.

JongHyun continued to run as Gyuri was still tailing right behind him. He touched his face with his fingers to find blood on his finger and a small scratch on his face.

Seriously. She’s going to play real now?!

He honestly least expected that.

------

Opening the nearest door, JongHyun began to fly down the staircase until he reached the very bottom. He exited the building finally through the emergency exit door and continued down the dark street alley until he ducked behind a few large metal trash cans.

JongHyun panted from all the running, but held his breath nevertheless. He had expected to outrun her, but once again, she proved him wrong as she arrived in the street alley moments after he did. When he finally caught his breath, JongHyun began to quietly come out from his hiding spot as at this point, Gyuri had already walked past him.

JongHyun was behind her, she wasn’t aware of him behind her, in the complete dark night; JongHyun decided--he now had the upper hand.

------

The only noise audible between Gyuri and JongHyun were the clicking of Gyuris heels and the steady dripping of water. JongHyun planned to slip behind her back without notice and over the fence, but as he proceeded to do that, Gyuri felt a presence behind her back. She attacked without hesitation; JongHyun dodged her fist and defended himself by attacking Gyuri as well.

“ I found you.” She said as she backed up slightly.

“ Except I have no intention of staying. Not today, Goddess.” With that, he sweep kicked her. Gyuri avoided it, but instead, attacked JongHyun. He blocked her fist continuously, simply defending since he was only trying to get away; it wasn’t until her persistence seemed undefeatable when JongHyun finally counterattacked. He grabbed her wrist when Gyuri tried to land her fist on him again. With one hand restrained by JongHyun, she tried her other hand, but it ended up captive as well.

JongHyun held her wrists tightly to stop her from attacking, “ I swear, if you keep this up, I’m not calling you Goddess anymore.” He smirked as he stared at her face. She was just too gorgeous to not when you’re at such a small distance from her. Gyuri was not only a pretty vase; she was a tough one. JongHyun smiled before he pecked at her lips, “ You owed me. From last time.”

He headed towards the nearest door when he caught her off guard for a split second. Before he could leave, another flying object flew in his direction. JongHyun caught the small shard of glass with his bare hand and sent it back to Gyuri.

Surprised at the object nearly recoiling back to her, she flinched for a second, letting JongHyun get away. Gyuri chased right after JongHyun into the other building, up the staircase and to the rooftop, but found no traces of Kim JongHyun.

Gyuri stood on the rooftop by herself. She ran her hand through her hair as the night breeze blew it wildly. She bit her lips as she kicked a nearby can. After a tiring chase, she still let JongHyun get away. It was beyond disappointment; she felt frustrated for the simple reason that a guy like Kim JongHyun got her so worked up, yet managed to slip away.

Gyuri clenched her fist and took a deep breath before she began to head back.

----------

JongHyun sat there for a few moments, trying to calm his adrenaline down. Although he wasn’t dead scared, JongHyun couldn’t deny the fact that his forehead was damped with cold sweat. After a few minutes, he decided to climb off of the truck he landed on from jumping from the one-story building.

Heading back to his car to meet up with Key and Joon, JongHyun smirked a little. It’s been forever since he’s had an exciting mission; it was nostalgic…and so long ago.

 

_______________________________________

Oh yes~ i kept my promise and updated this weekend (: barely though .__.

Anyways, it`s kinda short compared to my other chapters, but that`s because I posted part of this chapter as a preview earlier. yeah? ~ xD

It`s not that great of a chapter, although there is much action. I`m not great at writing action, so it sounds nooby x3 if there`s any confusing parts, feel free to ask me ^^

I didn`t get to edit this either ~ so excuse my mistakes x_x

Hopefully, I`ll get to update next weekend but most likely not, seeing my plans. Friday is Black Friday and i`m majorly releasing my inner-shopaholicness, then Saturday, I`m going to New York ChinaTown probablyy. x_x

SO yeah. OMGOSH--I can`t wait for SM Ballad`s album, "Really Missing You" (or something like that .__.)

JongHyun is looove<3 kekeke.

 

. . . on a negative note, I just lost my word document for this fanfiction -__________________-

It was 41 pages long! O;

. . . . TT^TT huu huu ~ good thing it`s on AFF, but it`s all in like html format and i can`t copy and paste.

Someone teach me how to get it into Word without the weird symbols and I will. . . give you a cookie o___o"

Yeah? Thanks ^^ I loove my readers, just letting you guys know. All my devoted readers of this lame fanfic(;

Comments are LOVED :D