Chapter 5

Hidden Deception

Songs: These aren`t exactly songs that match the chapter or anything, but just songs I listened to as I wrote this chapter :)

Electric Heart (SHINee) ; Break It (KARA) ; Secret World (KARA)

-------------------

A small black device flew in JongHyun’s direction as he stepped out of his room in Key’s apartment. Although surprised, he reached out his right arm and barely caught it, “ Do I really need a tracking device?”

Key shrugged, leaning against the kitchen wall with his cup of morning coffee, “ Are you in a rush to get this case done with? ”

JongHyun pondered for a moment, walking to the kitchen table himself, “ Not really. I’m unemployed.” He glared at Key, “ Remember?”

Except Key only shrugged it off coolly, “ Whatever suits you, jagiya. I’m off to work.” Key grabbed his set of keys and cell-phone before heading out the door, “ Remember to lock the door before you leave.”

JongHyun took a sip from his cup of coffee, seemingly deep in thought. The silence of the empty house gave him a few moments to think about his date for that day. Normally, he wasn’t the one to be nervous about just about anything, but then, he wasn’t exactly nervous today either. It was a shaky feeling; his sixth sense was always quite scarily accurate.

JongHyun fixed the collars of his dark colored blazer once again, shaking off the feeling sixth sense gave. He reminded himself who he was--he was Kim JongHyun, who was confident in everything.

He wiped his lips and smirked.

This type of challenge only captured his interest further.

----------

As much as SungHee wanted to take the date part of her mission today not as seriously, their maknae, Nicole vowed that she was not letting her unnie out the door of their dorm in a t-shirt, cap, and sweatpants.

So here she was, trapped in her own room with Nicole dressing her up since Gyuri was not home. Nicole made SungHee put on an one-piece dress with a pair of adorable peep-toe heels, but that plan failed as SungHee utterly refused to wear a one-piece dress as she claims she hasn’t worn one since her high-school prom, and that was only to help her friend spy on her boyfriend to find evidence that he was cheating.

Nicole rumpled through her hair, frustrated with her task, “ Unnie, I’m telling you; you’re workaholic.” She went back to the closet, fumbling through the remaining choices she had.

SungHee sat on her bed, unconvinced, “ I love my job. That’s all.” She took a look at the time, “ And if you don’t let me go now, I’m going to be late.”

Nicole picked up a pair of dark jeans, a peach-pink colored lacey blouse, and a pair of white heels, “ Unnie…” she pleaded, “ Please…?”
SungHee sighed, but nodded. She was speechless about her luck. First, she’s forced into going on a date that was originally Gyuri’s and now she was convinced into dressing up by her dongsaeng.

SungHee quickly packed her purse with the essentials for the date-mission and finally exited their dorm.

------------

JongHyun sat on the steps of the mall entrance waiting for his date to come. She was obviously late, but it wasn’t like he minds anyways. He appeared to most as a hot-blooded, short-tempered guy, but he holds the belief that some things in life are worth patiently for. Of which, waiting for a girl would pass.

The afternoon was a groggy one as he glanced around without having to squint because of the sun.

JongHyun touched his own lips with his thumb as a habit

“ Gyuri-ssi. You’re seriously playing hard-to-get, huh? ”

------------

SungHee honked at the car in front of hers, which was obnoxiously parking in the middle of the parking lot aisle, “ Aish, teenagers these days. Don’t make out while you’re driving.”

She gave up since no one else was about to, backed up, drove elsewhere for a parking spot. SungHee mouthed curse words as her day was testing the last of her luck. After a good 10 minutes and a whole block or two away from the mall, she finally parked her car. She stepped out, preparing herself for the long walk.

Her heels clicked on the sidewalk as she nearly arrived at the meeting place. Among many people, she would see a figure sitting on the steps of the mall entrance. Her perfect vision told her that was her subject of interest today.

JongHyun’s POV

She was a good 15 minutes late already, but I was quite determined about this. I glanced around once more when I felt a pair of eyes on me. Before long, I found that pair of eyes--turned out to be a pair of beautiful eyes. She inched slowly towards me while I was still trying to recall whether or not I know this girl.

I continued starring at her until she finally spoke, “ Gyuri couldn’t make it today.”

I suppose that was what my shaky feeling was about earlier.

“ So I can see. Let’s go?” I smiled at her. She was just as entrancing as Park Gyuri was, except for the fact that she gives off a slightly different vibe. Park Gyuri was a naturally y person and to top it off, with a strong personality. I felt a strong vibe coming from this girl as well. Her glances were strong and determined, but I felt like I could read this girl better than Gyuri.

I sensed a weak-inner side.
We walked all the way back to the ice-cream shop together, but sat down to an eerie wall of awkwardness. I sensed she wasn’t exactly trying.

“ Ice cream? ” I offered, trying to interest her.

“ I’m not fond of sweets.” she smiled for the first time, “ Something like…”

She stopped for a moment to think, “ …like tteokbokki is more my style. It’s spicy--not sweet and easy like ice cream.”

I nodded in a nonchalant way, looking at my lap instead of her.

“ Why am I even telling you this?” She smiled, but in disbelief, “ You must think I’m uninteresting. I’ll save you some time then.”

Regular POV

JongHyun felt confused with this girl he was sitting across from. Heck, she felt more bipolar than Key claims JongHyun was. Before he could say anything back, she was already leaving the shop and him. He stood up as well.

“ Why am I always chasing people whenever I’m here?” He seriously wondered.

He trailed behind her who was walking slowly contrast to his expectations. SungHee couldn’t walk too fast due her inability to wear heels often and walking two whole blocks in those prior to this. She wanted to leave, fast, not wanting this date, but her legs were not letting her.

JongHyun, who was following behind her, recovered from his confusion after watching this girl from behind, walking behind her. He knew this type of girl. He concluded it was definitely her insecurities acting up.

“ What exactly makes you think you know what I think?” He called out to her who was in front of him.

She didn’t bother responding. SungHee was disappointed in herself. She allowed a date to defeat her; she allowed it to fail her mission.

JongHyun followed her silently until they reached the entrance, SungHee suddenly stopped, bent over, and took off the heels Nicole forced her to wear. She was wrong earlier when she concluded the last of her luck wore off--it was now raining, quite hard in fact.

SungHee stared at the rain for a few moments, carrying her heels in one hand, about to walk back to her car when she felt a strong grip stopping her, “ I’m not about to let you walk who knows how far to your car when mine is right around here.”

She looked up to him, “ I’ll trust you because?” Although she said that, she was already giving herself another chance to redo her mission of finding out about JongHyun.

“ Or else I’ll go out there and get struck by lightning.” JongHyun said jokingly, “ Wait here.”

JongHyun ran out in the pouring rain to fetch his car.

 

 -----------------------

As usual, comments are loved with a passion && the longer, the better xD I`m so greeeedy x3

But yesh, part I of the date~ ke ke ke ^^

JongRi wasn`t in this chapter, but JongHee was. I love JongHee ke ke ^^

For those who don`t know who SungHee is, she used to be in KARA but left due to education issues.

Picture: http://hyunghyung.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/kim-sunghee.jpg

&& A Big thank you to all my readers, commentors, and subscribers(:

Replies:

@icemochi18: Um, I`m sorry if you're still confused LOL. xD But thanks for telling me anyways(:

@198-er: Thanks for comment!~ && yesh, JongRi is freakin` y. If you haven`t, you should watch the video on youtube that daydreamer198 made. It's a Shining Kara series and JongRi`s was called "Seduction". ke ke ke ^^ && I`ll definitely consider posting it elsewhere. But for now, I don`t think I will haha. Maybe when I finish, IF i finish LOL. But I`m really glad you liked it :D

 ---------

 

Peace xD