Chapter 1

Hidden Deception

 

JongHyun tugged on his tie to make it a bit looser before he stack a few more plates onto the already tall pile stacked on his hand and forearm.

“ Waiter, I’d like to order now.”
 
“ I’ll be right there.” JongHyun answered before heading over as he managed to  dropped the pile off at the washers. Memorizing the few dishes the table ordered, it was then sent to the kitchen.
 
He looked around at the full house that afternoon. He took a breath before continuing to work.

---------
 
“ It should take 10 minutes. Thank you.” He felt a vibrating buzz in his pocket as he walked away from the table. JongHyun stopped in his tracks, holding the pen with his mouth and shoving the pad into the pocket of his apron; he dug out his phone, “ Key, I’m really busy right now. Later.”
 
Being undistracted by the call, he continued working.
 
Except KiBum didn’t exactly give up either as his phone kept obnoxiously chirping
 
“ Damn it, why can’t he give up already?” It distracted JongHyun more and more as his hands were busily collecting dishes while shouting “ Thank you. Have a nice day” to departing customers.
 
As JongHyun walked towards the washer, the non-stop vibration in his pockets of  the cellular device reached the busy waiter’s irritability limits. JongHyun juggled the plates around while trying to fish out the phone, which required much skill considering how tight the skinnies he wore were. He couldn’t help it; those kinds of skinnies were in fashion.
 
He fidgeted around some more with the phone, trying to push it out of his pocket, but somehow applied too much force, causing the phone to drop onto the floor. He tested the last of his luck, bending over, trying to fetch it, when the stack of plates finally lost its balance.
 
All eyes were on the young man in the middle of the dining place.
 
“ …” JongHyun hissed through his teeth to himself, “ 10 plates. I‘m done for…”
 
It wasn’t long until it caught the manager’s attention, who ran out in a hurry.
 
“ We’re very sorry. Please continue to enjoy your meals.” The manager assured the customers, “ we’ll take care of this”
 
The manager turned to the young man, standing there, awaiting his words of dismissal, “ Kim JongHyun.”
 
“ Yeah…” He nearly mumbled.
 
“ It’s not the first time you’ve crashed our plates. But that’s not the important part. You lack dedication to the job and often distracted. ”
 
He sighed, “ and…? ” Why can’t he just spit those two dreading words out already?
 
“ You’re fired.”
 
JongHyun predicted correctly as he walked to the small employee locker-room. He pulled off his tie roughly and stripped off the white button up shirt, replacing his bare upper body with a simple white tank top and a plaid button-up, not buttoned.
 
He sighed again before changing from work jeans to his casual dark skinny jeans and high top shoes, “ I’ve had that job for two months too.”
 
------------

JongHyun walked down the streets of Seoul, amidst the busy crowds of people, no different from any other. Only did the by passers know, he was fired from his job, now unemployed, and jobless at the minute. His expression didn’t exactly show the disappointment however; JongHyun inner-self still believes himself to be a child at times, therefore still wanting to play instead of properly working
 
For anyone who knew him--it was only natural.
 
With his cap barely sitting on the crown of his head, he walked in a unique swagger, nearly concentrated on the small screen on his cellular device. It continued only until an abrupt ring took his attention.
 
“ Yah, Kim KiBum. You know I got laid off because of you? What. In the world. could’ve been. This important?! ” JongHyun hollered with sudden anger into the mouth piece, disregarding the fact that he was in public.
 
“ Jagiya-”
 
“ Don’t call me Jagiya.”
 
**Jagiya means ‘darling’ in Korean
 
“ What do you want me to call you then? Hyung? ” he suddenly sounded frustrated although Key was the one at fault in the first place.
 
JongHyun sighed, “ Whatever Key. What do you even want? ” He gave up on Key. Changing the way Key calls him is nothing but a lost cause.
 
Key hesitated before answering in a slight aegyo-sounding tone,“ …What do you want for dinner, jagiya? ”
 
The reply did nothing but made JongHyun halt to a stop in his tracks, “ That’s it…? That’s. it?! ”
 
JongHyun didn’t know whether to laugh or to feel anger. Whatever the right choice would’ve been, he decided to forget about it. He didn’t like his co-workers anyways. The place was always stuffy and hot anyways. It didn’t pay that well anyways. JongHyun assured himself about the dislikes of the job, trying to forget how his co-workers were always nice, how nice the environment was, and more of all, how it actually filled his pockets fuller than any other job he had.
 
JongHyun sulked sitting on the edge of the sidewalk near the parking lot. He reached into his pocket and dug out a new lollipop, pulling the fresh wrapper of the milk-flavored lollipop off and plopped it into his mouth. People walked by as he sat there, with no where in particular to go or nothing in particular to do. By this hour, normally, he would’ve been just leaving work, getting his daily pay, and feeling satisfied. Except now, JongHyun was thinking about nothing but how to distract his mind.
 
The sky began to dim as though symbolizing the wandering children to get home safely before its dark. Though he was no children, JongHyun stood up with his second lollipop in his hand ready to leave for some destination he didn’t even know yet.
 
Before he could walk to his car to start it, a particular person caught his attention across the street from his side. A young woman, looking in her early twenties stepped out of the driver seat of a gorgeous looking sports car, perhaps a rare model. She was dressed in a oversized blazer covering a white button-up blouse and partially the shorts she paired with them. The outfit was sophisticated and flattering to her figure. Her tall, black heels clicked as she exited the car, carefully removing her sunglasses. Her hair looked so smooth being blown by the breeze and a certain expression on her face made her look only so much more beautiful and confident.
 
That was the woman who had caught JongHyun’s attention. He was dazed by her beauty for a few moments, only until the awed mouth transformed into a full smirk.
 
“  Guess my luck today isn‘t so bad afterall.”
 
___________________________________________________
Comments would be nice (: Tell me what you think~
 
& No, Key isn`t gay. He`s just like that~ Haha, I find it amusing to write Key like that :)
 
& Sorry that it was quite boring x_x

I promise. It`ll get better~~ Hwaiting (:
 
-SHINeeStars