Sometimes, Someone Gets Hurt [Pt. 2] (Moment Of Truth)

Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feeling threatened, all the vampires started attacking him one by one, leaving the others.

Even for a wolf, Baekhyun was outnumbered. Seeing this, a flash of red appears on Kai’s eyes as he turned into a wolf aswell, leaving Soojung with Luhan. The others all turned into wolves as soon as Kai changed. Luhan was the only one remaining as human. Luhan bought Soojung to the corner, who was still shocked she can’t even say a word. She feels suffocated. Like as if someone grabbed her lungs and at the same time; preventing her from breathing…. “Stay here, don’t move. OK?” Luhan said. Soojung can only nod as her eyes were fixed to the pack of wolves fighting with a bunch of bloodsucking vampires created by Changmin. Luhan walked to Changmin calmly, passing by the crowd.

His pace got quicker, as he ran. Luhan jumped and his human form disappeared; a white wolf appeared. That same white wolf Soojung saw, twice. The white wolf that appeared that night… that white wolf that saved her.

Bars suddenly appeared as Changmin hit a button; blocking Luhan from attacking him. Luhan let out a whining sound as he fell back to the ground. He put on a defensive position as he growled viciously to Changmin. The tall one scoffed. He stood up, and left the room while the guards were following him from behind.

The vampires in that room are all dead now. Soojung stood up. She didn’t know what to do. Her legs are weakening, trembling like crazy. Her eyes were fixed on Luhan who was still in a figure of wolf. Kai slowly walked towards her, she flinched and her body automatically took a step back as her back against the wall. She was scared, but his eyes seemed so gentle towards her. All of the sudden, Baekhyun’s hunting senses were getting strong as he can smell the scent of a human; Soojung.

He sprinted towards her, pushing Kai away. Soojung backed up even more when she heard his growl. Chanyeol, Kris, and the others went straight in front of Baekhyun, growling, barking, at him. Kai turned to his human-self; he hugged Soojung in his arms, burying her face in his chest. Kai can feel Soojung’s trembling in fear. “I’m here, I’m here.” he said, her hair, calming her down. Soojung let out a heavy sigh, “What a relieve.” she said before collapsing. He carried Soojung out of there as he jumped out through the nearest window. Luhan changed to his human form and followed him. Kai brought her to his car in a speed of light. He sat her on the passenger’s seat and covered her with his jacket. “Bring her to your house; it’s safer there.” Said Kai to Luhan who was already beside him… Luhan nodded. “I’ll pick her up later.” He said. Luhan walked to the driver’s seat and opened the door when Kai stopped him, “Don’t do anything stupid.” He said. Luhan yanked his arm and showed a smirk. “Have I ever?” and with that, the car left.

Kai went back to the room, where Baekhyun’s still in a form of wolf. He was about to turn again, when he saw Suho and Kris suddenly slammed Baekhyun to a wall; forcing him to turn into human again. So did the others. “I guess our work is done here.” said Tao. “Ah~ what a great work out!” exclaimed Xiumin, stretching his arm. “See you guys later!” said Chen. “Next time, don’t do anything stupid like this again, OK? Take care of Soojung well you guys.” D.O said. “Call us if there’s anything.” Lay added as they all jumped to the window and went out. “Are you OK?” Chanyeol asked, helping Baekhyun up. “Did I hurt anyone?” he can clearly see the concern, worried, and fear in his eyes. “No-“”Not technically, you almost ate Soojung.” Kris said. Chanyeol glared at him and gritted his teeth. The mental breakdown suddenly came over Baekhyun. “Hey, she’s fine… Kai brought her out safely…” Chanyeol said. “Thank God…” Baekhyun replied with a relieved sigh.

“Ugh, can we get out of here?! This place stinks!” said Sehun in attempt to brighten up the mood in that bloody room.

***

Luhan opened the door to his room while carrying Soojung in his arm; bridal style. He gently lay her down on the bed and left to get a wet towel. He tapped the wet towel on Soojung’s scar, just cleaning it. “Haaaa~ I’m hungry~” after some times, familiar voices coming frown down stairs turned Luhan’s attention. He went out and met the others. It was unexpected that Kai and Suho were there. “Where is she?” asked Kai. “Upstairs, in my room, second door on the right.” Luhan said, pointing upstairs. Without any hesitant or any words, he walked to Luhan’s room. “Thank you.” Suho said, Luhan nodded and joined the others. Kai opened the door and spotted Soojung on the bed, covered with Luhan’s thick blanket. Kai pulled a chair and sat beside the bed, holding her hand which seemed smaller than his.

“How is she?” Suho asked, leaning on the door frame. “Fine… I guess.” Kai said. He looked at the nightstand and saw the wet towel Luhan left. He thanked Luhan mentally, as if they both can send telepathy to each other. “You should stop blaming yourself…” Suho said, walking closer and sat at the edge of the bed. “I can hear your thoughts from here.” he added. “Stop reading my mind, you know I don’t like it…” Kai said. “Well, I can’t help it if you’re thinking out loud…” Kai let out a scoff, followed by slight chuckling. “Should we bring her back? I think it’ll be better for her to wake up in her own room…” Kai stood up, “Yeah, I think so too…” He carefully lifts Soojung and carried her like a koala. They walked down the stairs, and after thanking everyone, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter